Blizzard, Please don't nerf our gold

I’ve given my blood and sweat towards farming gold through professions and I’m sure that there are many others who have done the same. Please don’t nerf our gold, please let us carry over everything to a Burning Crusade server. Please :).

1 Like

Translation we have been prepping to buy up reputation and hoarding gold and would like to tank the Classic economy by taking gold those players helped us earn. Now that being said you should follow the same rules as a server Transfer so 2000 gold for your level 60 AND this is important so you guys dont try to wipe the economy out, one character transfer per account per 90 days just like always. So you don’t try to be clever and put a few thousand on each toon.

15 Likes

We’ll be taking our gold. Don’t stress :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

They should simply have 2 TBC server types:

• Transfer servers which cost $25 per character transfer (not copies, mind you)
  • Fresh servers, where one can start from L1 with the rest of the server, for no extra cost

Removes gold bloat from classic vanilla, allows TBC players who desire to to avoid that comical bloat, and it makes blizzard a bit of money for the effort. After all, paying for an expansion (ie: progression for existing characters) always has cost a expansion fee.

8 Likes

I can transfer all 10 on my account right now…

Translation: I don’t have any ability to control impulse purchasing and want to raid log and still compete when the expansion launches. People who play the game and have more than me are cheating and we should apply arbitrary rules to benefit me.

13 Likes

Part of the fun and thrill is making the gold though.

2 Likes

Nerf all the gold. Make gold untradeable and delete the AH. Make all items account bound so RMT can’t sell them. Professions now matter.

Brings the world back to life for resource hunting and hurts RMT.

5 Likes

How did that work out for diablo 3?

2 Likes

Diablo 3 was doa when it shipped with real money ah.

3 Likes

How has making everything account bound working for the game? Leaderboards filled with bots farming paragon to stay competitive.

The infrastructure for d3 and wow is very different. The solution to botting in wow is to transfer bots to a prisoner island server.

That way if false positive, they aren’t stopped from playing and an appeal can reverse it.

With prisoner island, Blizzard can be much more aggressive at policing exploitative behavior.

2 Likes

If they have a fresh TBC alternative, I will probably take that. I figure that the trashy min-max, gold buyer/exploiter crew will almost all go to progressive TBC servers.

Good riddance to that lot honestly.

4 Likes

Name checks out

4 Likes

bingo - nail hit on the head

Gold is a myth. You’re actually spending your time. Time is the real currency.

2 Likes

So you’re telling me I’d have to pay $125 to transfer all of my level 60s…

https://media1.tenor.com/images/0a4db04133f95c78ebd4cc06b960fcb8/tenor.gif

If people really wanted fresh servers you wouldn’t have to create disincentives to transfer servers to try to force them to roll fresh. This is just an admission that you know if given a free choice few would roll fresh.

Raid logging and boosting, these people and their desire to do nothing and have everything.

1 Like

I hope so. I don’t want Blizz to nerf anything of mine. I’ve worked hard to earn my gold, level/gear up my alts etc. I’m sure there are others who have also done the same. Please don’t throw all our work out the window. Please.

1 Like