Blizzard PLEASE do something about premades

I'm not talking about disabling them. I'm talking about how coordination from premades stomps every fking BG I enter.

The PvP UI needs something like Heroes of the Storm where an announcer is constantly telling you about objectives. Literally every time I get in one of those matches where I get stomped it's because the enemy has two healers in their group and another patch of DPS roaming around crushing players who are split up.

How am I, or anyone, supposed to like the PvP element of the game when I'm stunlocked by a group of 5 or 6 and can't even get to the enemy healer or flag, let alone use a single fking ability? My PvP skill level becomes completely irrelevant at that point. No reason to even try to keep another enemy CCd when there are 5 more that nuke me down.

I've won countless random matches in Heroes of the Storm without having to use voice chat, and I always solo queue. I don't like being forced to use voice chat or group up, and that's why I don't like ranked play of anything, especially raiding (and why I prefer dungeons if I PvE). This argument isn't about ranked, because obviously that requires a coordinated team; my argument is just about the premades in unranked preventing me from playing the game or progress in conquest.
2 Likes
You overestimate amount of premades on BGs. Winning team always looks like a premade.

Even so, this game shouldn't be tailored around solo players. If players went extra mile to form an efficient group, then they deserve success. There is enough bland fairness in this game already.
9 Likes
I look at it: I feel better about losing to a premade vs a regular group of people.
For a lot of you: Are you sure it was really a premade?
How can you be certain?
Is it also possible they might have 1 or 2 assertively vocal players in chat and the aimless battle chasers were given positive direction?
World of Warcraft not Me of Warcraft.
Teamwork > All
2 Likes
Have you put any thought into changing your behavior before asking Blizzard to change the game to force change in everyone else's behavior? This is a massively multiplayer game. You are queuing for content specifically designed for coordinated multiplayer game play. You are actively refusing to use voice comm that is integrated into the game (or third party for that matter). I just don't get why you think everyone else is the problem in this scenario and you're the one that Blizzard needs to consider here.
3 Likes
The only thing they "need" to do is label premades on the BG score UI.
11/09/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Teneea
The only thing they "need" to do is label premades on the BG score UI.

That won't do anything but increase toxicity in chat and increase afkers.
2 Likes
You guys are right, I'm sure 3 or 4 players from the same server with the same guild name just coincidentally queued into the same BG, I shouldn't have ruled that out.

And not a single person read my post effectively. I specifically said to not disable premades or discourage premade behavior, but to integrate something into the battlegrounds that gives solo queue players a way to coordinate better against coordinated teams.

I also specifically said I only want to do unranked play because I like solo play. Not every player on the planet wants to get into voice chat, mute their music they're playing, or be forced to obligate your social life at the current moment to just fking have fun in PvP.
3 Likes
You're not reading replies effectively because they don't agree with you.

Most BGs wil have to be redesigned if some announcements are put in taking away the element of surprise. That seems like a lot of unnecessary development to make a guy (refusing to use all the other tools available already) happy.

I think you'll really enjoy the AI BG events.
1 Like
11/09/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Solva
I look at it: I feel better about losing to a premade vs a regular group of people.
For a lot of you: Are you sure it was really a premade?
How can you be certain?
Is it also possible they might have 1 or 2 assertively vocal players in chat and the aimless battle chasers were given positive direction?
World of Warcraft not Me of Warcraft.
Teamwork > All
Nope. Clearly pugs are all terrible and bad players.
It's not just me, I'm just one of the few being vocal about it.

Let's put it in perspective to Heroes of the Storm:
I queue in. My entire team is solo queued, but we're skilled and know how to play our chosen character. We're grouped against a premade (if you don't play Heroes the game explicitly shows what players are grouped with who in the pregame loading screen).

The announcer, the UI, various other entities in the match all inform both teams what needs to be done. There are different types of pings players can easily use to indicate danger, enemies incoming, help needed, etc.

Even though the enemy team is entirely grouped, maybe a few of them aren't very good at playing. Me and my solo queue teammates use the built in aspects of the game to coordinate as if we were a premade and end up crushing them.

Before you go on to say something like "well skill trumps coordination in that game", there have also been numerous games where both teams fought hardcore against each other on seemingly equal skill level; the other team was able to take advantage of the few mistakes the other team made and took the opportunity to victory.

In WoW, none of that is possible. If they walk around in a group with a healer, solo players literally have no chance whatsoever if they camp the graveyard and pick off players one by one as they respawn.

I'm a bartender and I like to be respectful to my roommate. I spend enough time talking to people all day and I don't want to bother my roommate by constantly doing callouts. I don't want to fight AI, else I would do island expeditions. I just want to queue up for a BG and fight other players without being stomped with absolutely no chance of winning.
1 Like
Well there are alerts that tell you when a base is taken.

You can visually see everything happening if youre paying attention.

The objectives are blatantly clear on what needs to be done.

The only thing to do now on blizzards end is too make battleground enemies add on apart of the BG UI that’d be about it
2 Likes
Something like Battleground Enemies or that one addon (can't remember the name) that allows you to press a button to alert the group for enemies incoming or help needed is exactly what I'm referring to!

Or at least some sort of BG proving grounds that teaches players the basics that you must pass before you can queue for PvP
11/09/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Gravehowl
Something like Battleground Enemies or that one addon (can't remember the name) that allows you to press a button to alert the group for enemies incoming or help needed is exactly what I'm referring to!

Or at least some sort of BG proving grounds that teaches players the basics that you must pass before you can queue for PvP
Something like reporter.
A built-in UI to inform the team would be nice.
11/09/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Gravehowl
I'm not talking about disabling them. I'm talking about how coordination from premades stomps every fking BG I enter.

I feel like it's statistically impossible that not only do you lose every single bg you play but that you also lose to a premade in every bg.

11/09/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Gravehowl
The PvP UI needs something like Heroes of the Storm where an announcer is constantly telling you about objectives.

Go play HotS.
11/09/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Gravehowl
You guys are right, I'm sure 3 or 4 players from the same server with the same guild name just coincidentally queued into the same BG, I shouldn't have ruled that out.

And not a single person read my post effectively. I specifically said to not disable premades or discourage premade behavior, but to integrate something into the battlegrounds that gives solo queue players a way to coordinate better against coordinated teams.

I also specifically said I only want to do unranked play because I like solo play. Not every player on the planet wants to get into voice chat, mute their music they're playing, or be forced to obligate your social life at the current moment to just fking have fun in PvP.

Lol what bro i yolo rated bgs wiff no voice and got up to 1600 you can yolo it in random bgs that way just fine. Losses do happen its ok. People playing in a group is not a crime either. I hardly use voice moat the time im listening to just music . I also solo Q often aswell as play with like 1 other person 2 max at times .
If you open up your map and your team looks like a shotgun pattern spread all over the place, that is an issue with your team, not an issue with your opponents.

All sorts of lower order animals understand this innately, yet so often in BGs you see these solo hero’s running all over the place. A simple tactic like staying grouped together allows you to stomp each of them into the ground in turn, and requires no coordination, just a rudimentary awareness of where your teammates are headed (and in a BG there really are few options of where to go).
2 Likes
And not a single person read my post effectively.

It was kind of a rambling mess to be honest. Super all over the place.

integrate something into the battlegrounds that gives solo queue players a way to coordinate better against coordinated teams.

Chat. Use chat.

You're being extremely vague in your recommendations but it sounds as though you're looking for a system of "raid warning" type notifications indicating that players should tend to such and such objective at such and such time. Am I in the ballpark?

If so, it's not happening. "Attack mage tower now" isn't point blank the best route. The best course of action to take in a given moment depends on innumerable variables and it should be incumbent upon the players to decide without being told.
11/09/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Jugajr
11/09/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Gravehowl

Something like reporter.

Oh, okay- I should've read a little further into the thread. Another mystery solved by Jug.
After a few hours I've surmised that the most absolute effective way of making your team win is to type everything out. And that when the game announces your base has been assaulted that's ample enough warning entirely.

And not a single person read my post effectively.

It was kind of a rambling mess to be honest. Super all over the place.

integrate something into the battlegrounds that gives solo queue players a way to coordinate better against coordinated teams.

Chat. Use chat.

You're being extremely vague in your recommendations but it sounds as though you're looking for a system of "raid warning" type notifications indicating that players should tend to such and such objective at such and such time. Am I in the ballpark?

If so, it's not happening. "Attack mage tower now" isn't point blank the best route. The best course of action to take in a given moment depends on innumerable variables and it should be incumbent upon the players to decide without being told.

Sick vocabulary, brobeans. You just proved my point. Heroes has complex and yet extremely simple to utilize team coordination tools. You said use chat, but simply saying "Enemies attacking mage tower" isn't enough.

The reasons something like chat is an outdated utility in something like WoW are as follows:
A) Many players often don't read chat (I know all of you are going to say you do, but that does not apply to other players). It could be they simply don't pay attention to it, their chat is flooded with guild messages, or they're in the middle of a fight and can't/won't read it.
B) Chat is time consuming and takes up your keyboard if you're trying to fight someone or moving around
C) Easy and simple audio alerts are much more universal and easier for players to respond to.
1 Like