Blizzard, please create new servers to allieveate the total overpopulation of servers Day 1

Considering how full the servers are already reporting with just people reserving names, Day 1 is going to be a total disaster.

Please spin up 1 or 2 more servers per region of the most popular type to give players a choice to reroll when every current server inevitably has 3+ hour long queue times.

3 Likes

Usually requests are marked with a ?
Especially polite ones.

No! Donā€™t you DARE criticize Blizzard! Theyā€™re doing everything PERFECTLY. Do NOT propose common sense solutions to glaringly obvious problems! Blizzard does EVERYTHING PERFECTLY!

7 Likes

and if those new servers happen to be Burning Crusade or Wrath servers, that would REALLY get people to move :smiley:

1 Like

I suggest they do it on the 25th if anything. Gotta keep the name reserve game away from day 1ers.

1 Like

Nah Iā€™m good, thanks.

smh people suggesting the same content that was retail downfall.

2 Likes

Realistically, even if they opened up a new server no one would move. The new server they already added is struggling to hit even HIGH pop, nevermind full.

New servers will just be dead serves unless they find a way to get people to move. The day 1 queues will force people to move, but those servers are already being joked about so i doubt people will seriously consider it.

The community will do what it will do, let the queues make them move. But adding new servers isnā€™t the answer, it hasnā€™t worked yet. Players are unwilling to move.

3 Likes

I would like one more EST PvP server with an actual heads up about it so I could switch off of Herod and actually have a chance at getting my names.

Edit: At this point Iā€™m basically just going to assume Iā€™ll have to wait until launch and they come to their senses and open up another so I can hop on that one.

2 Likes

?? both Burning Crusade and Wrath had higher subscription counts than vanillaā€¦

1 Like

Pretty much what my guild is waiting for.

They also set the trend for the slippery slope that caused retail today. Plus I bet legion had higher subs than vanilla, it doesnt mean vanilla was worse.

1 Like

Its a lot easier going from 7M to 10M, as opposed to ZERO to 7M.

They were mostly successful because of how good Vanilla was.

2 Likes

Then I guess thereā€™s no harm in opening those servers if only a fraction will leave. Youā€™d still get at least some easing of your overcrowdednessā€¦
/evilgrin

Yeah, this is what I am talking about. We donā€™t even have any good data on who is actually playing.

yup because THAT would be profitable for a company who took over a year to dev classic

1 Like

Doubt it.

TBC Private servers always die out very quickly.

The same pattern would most likely hold for ā€˜TBC Classicā€™ and beyond.

I personally would rather see Classic + or nothing at all at that point.

1 Like

Get more people to make characters on Stalagg and get it to ā€œfullā€, and maybe they will.

1 Like

I bet most people made a character on their server of pick on the 13ā€™th and then havenā€™t seen or been to the forums since to even know stalagg exists or be aware of the Herod situation in the first place.

This also doesnā€™t account for the majority of the soon to be player base who didnā€™t reserve names.

1 Like

Even if they make more new servers, stubborn people still wonā€™t leave Herod

1 Like