Blizzard, please create new servers to allieveate the total overpopulation of servers Day 1

Whelp, there’s still only speculation on how many this “majority” is. They are going on what they can see, not some projected imaginary number of “supposed” players.

They have other realms on standby if needed. They won’t open until ALL other realms become full.

As it stands right now, they aren’t. So, no new servers are needed at this point.

So then those players need to deal with their own actions and the consequences of. There will always be that “one” server massively over populated.

For my guild, we wouldn’t mind moving if we even knew stalagg was an option. A 1 hour window of notification and spinup meant no one even knew it existed until a few days later.

At this point we are just waiting to see how bad Herod will actually be and jump on to an inevitable day 1 “panic” server Blizzard will spin up to deal with the actual flood of players looking to play the game.

Lower pop servers have far better communities and offer a more enjoyable player experience.

Change my mind.

1 Like

I won’t, because that is fact.

1 Like

Agreed. Any new server at this point will be a dead server. Let high queues knock out the tourists, and things will settle quickly. Stay the course and be patient.

The reason is typically instant 60. You need to level a toon to have any attachment to it and going vanilla - tbc lets you have that time sink.

Has it occurred to anyone that they just haven’t up dated the servers’ status over the weekend?

1 Like

Right now layering will help. The problem Blizzard has is that if they add too many (which they may have already done) that they will turn into graveyards and wasted servers. Layering is the better solution to a problem with no good answers.

We are 1 week from release, I’d be surprised if this was actually the case.

Even IF someone hasn’t changed it’s status (if it isn’t automated), the Reddit memes about it being dead are preventing people from switching. I know it’s silly but it’s true, community perception outweighs reality. And unfortunately we won’t see new servers until its too late unless people stop being so rigid.

They actually invested in advertisement back than lol…

1 Like

Day 1 is meaningless to them. Day 45 is meaningless. Only after they see the real, persistent consumer load will they really need to look at server capacity.

1 Like

Yea they need at least 50 more servers to accomodate the 10 Million players who will log in on day 1

By the time Day 45 rolls by and players are still dealing with +2 hour queue times to even log in, they won’t be players at all by then…

…at that point, Blizzard would trying to push the "See? No one is even loggin in anymore! we told you all “You thought you did!”.

Denying players the ability to even play the game in the first place out of fear their already significantly larger pop caps servers MAY turn into ghost towns is paranoia at best, and straight incompetence at worse.

I seriously doubt that many people would show up, but were it stands today, I would find that pretty hilarious as the servers all melt down from that many people.

1 Like

Halo MCC comes to mind. It was a masterful remake of the classic Halo games, basically what the whole community was asking for. But they botched the release and multiplayer servers were unplayable for near 2 weeks. By the time things were up and running smoothly a lot of the player base had given up and moved on to other games with a bad taste in their mouth. A few dead servers is better than an unplayable game.

2 Likes