Blizzard, PLEASE ban Raider.io It encourages toxicity/players quitting

Raider IO exist because Blizzard refuses to allow players to reset Mythic + timers. It is a tool that is required because of a developer placed limitation that does not have any logical reason for existing.

Gatekeepers will always find something to use to gatekeep people.

Again, you’re just focusing on gotcha’s and ignoring the context of the post it was in reference to, because you don’t actually care about discussions still.

You’re just talking around in circles, wasting your time. You’ve got zero credibility at this point.

Bye, don’t let the door hit you on the way out of the conversation.

I would be arguing for RaideIO if you couldn’t actually buy IO/carry boosts now, which has become quite prevalent, so I find it another trash system with little recourse.

So can we all realize that there will always be a measurement of a pug’s capability before inviting them?

Please suggest to me what would be a better measure of skill than one that lets players build up simply by doing that content.

Raid progress is objectively worse.
Ilvl is worse.
Achievements is worse.

1 Like

It’s not about gatekeeping. It’s about players wanting to play with other players on their same skill level, or at least as close as they can. If a player isn’t able to clear a 5 in time in most of their groups then why should I invite them to a +12?

1 Like

Hm. I have 2,700 xp. And I say that RaiderIO is extrememly toxic to the community.

No addon should dictate if someone gets invited to a group or not.

There’s always going to be people buying carries and such. In fact, it is easy to know with Raider io when someone buys a IO boost/carry.

I agree with you 100%. My point to the OP was that people will just look them up on the armory.

It seems your whole point boils down to, I wish everyone played the way I do, have the values I do, have the goals I do.

Problem is, even if the world magically was like that, there would still be around 3 dps getting in per group and roughly 100 others who get declined.

No tools or addons will ever change that.

And it doesn’t. The lead dictates that.

1 Like

Oh I know hence why no recourse…lacking quality options is still a wow community problem.

My addon tells me who to and who not to invite. My addon dictates my choice if someone is getting in my group or not.

Well if Blizz didn’t make gear drops rain from the sky, maybe IO wouldn’t be needed. I have friends telling me about guildies and people with 475 ilvl and BiS gear pulling terrible DPS, and you tell me Raider IO shouldn’t be a thing?

Come on.

There’s also people ignoring affixes such as Bursting, Explosives or what have you, or not doing mechanics. Raider IO is a necessity with such a bad playerbase.

2 Likes

You literally just described gatekeeping lol.

The thing is - gatekeeping is always necessary. We all have a right to choose who we spend time with. That is why Raider_io is actually a really good thing - it helps you find people with similar experience to you, and select to learn with them. The OP just has imagined demons, or they are trying to jump the queue.

Then it sounds like the issue is rooted in how easy it is for people to get S tier gear. Let’s solve that problem too.

In fact, I also think it’s just M+ being toxic in general that is the problem. The entire concept of it is a failure and has no place in an RPG.

If it automatically invites them for you then you might wanna stop using it as you’re reaching into some suspension territory. If it doesn’t automatically invite them then you’re still the one having to pick them.

It’s color coded. I just however over their names, and if I see a number that’s not pink, or at least purple, I instantly decline.

Ez pz. Elitist only group.

Sounds to me like you’re being toxic then, not the “addon”.

1 Like

But see, this is the problem with M+, and IO. I really shouldn’t have to do that. I feel terrible for doing it, tbh. But it’s necessary because of how M+ plays and works.