Blizzard, PLEASE ban Raider.io It encourages toxicity/players quitting

This is the solution. After getting to 445-ish from WQs, invasions, weekly quest, etc (i.e. can easily be done solo), start with +2-4s, apply to every single group that has a tank and an open DPS spot, regardless of which dungeon. You will eventually get accepted. Nearly all sub-8 pug groups are successful if you only join groups that already have a tank. In these low runs, you’re practicing the routes, mechanics, and some affixes even if you’re not getting gear upgrades.

After successfully timing a few of these +2-4 runs, you’ll find you can use the same strategy (apply to every group with a tank) in the +5-7 range, and some will now accept. Rinse and repeat up to +8-9s, then once you’ve timed every dungeon in that range you can move up to +10s and get invites.

Continue with this strategy up to whatever level your personal skill can handle. When you get to a level where you’re dying to avoidable damage frequently or failing mechanics/causing wipes, back down a level or two and that’s where you should top out at.

Never join pug groups that don’t already have a tank, and avoid any group lead by Ragnaros players above +8, as these are the ones most likely to still fail even if you do your part.

Mythic + isn’t meant for the majority of players. It’s meant for those of us who are good at their class and either want to learn dungeon mechanics or are okay with getting carried and focusing on just DPS. The idea of M+ is that it’s endgame content for the people that want to get good at the game.

That said ANYONE can do a M+2 if they know a decent build and rotation for their class. It’s not until you get above 5 that you need skill to keep progressing. But because it’s timed we need something like raider io so we can realistically make a group that will be successful. But you won’t care about any of that.

Blizzard made M+ specifically for guilds and friends to push challenging end game content and extend the gearing loop. Any attempt to make M+ more accessible should be viewed as against the spirit of the system. It already has a system for players who do not understand their class to do well, stay below M+5 or do heroic dungeons. Contrary to what you think Blizzard does not need and should not make it so that any random player can do “high keys”. For the purpose of my post keys 10 or above will be high.

Raider io is the result of players making blizzard make all group content puggable with their nifty interface. Now that you aren’t using trade chat and visual inspecting people of course we will use your resume to determine if you know the dungeon.

1 Like

Well, that has nothing to do with no community. You still play with people, just not everyone that has picked up their first game. You play video games to have fun. People can enjoy a game however they want.

The best part about WoW is that you decide or create the community you are a part of.

I don’t play video games to cater to people or for charity or to build some happy non-competitive community that someone thinks an MMO should be. I do not have to play your way if I do not want to.

Again I play video games to enjoy myself and I pay to do that. So yes, it is absolutely about me regardless of the community I am a part of.

RIO in of itself is not discriminatory. Its just a tool for tracking progress. It’s users do use it to discriminate though. This same subset of people used other methods of discrimination before, and they’ll use other methods if RIO disappears.

As for gatekeeping, it’s inherent within the discriminatory aspects of forming a group poised for success. If you won’t allow someone into your group for whatever reason, what makes you think somebody else is going to?

Trends form and people conform to them.

1 Like

There are guilds with people who help gear people. Sometimes you gotta try and try again. Also if you can’t get people to respond in chat try joining their discord. Litterally 98% of people wont ignore you on discord. I don’t even watch chat anymore and I think most players dont. Build a friendship by actually talking to people not over texts. I’m not even in a guild but i joined a discord and now how a bunch of people to play with and added to my friends from actually talking to them.

It’s not discriminating or gatekeeping. It’s as close to skill evaluation as we can get right now. Why does someone deserve to go to a +11 if they’ve only done a +6?

You do realize that RAIDERIO TAKES INFORMATION FROM BLIZZARD THAT IS ALREADY AVAILABLE TO SEE ON THEIR WEBSITE?!

You people are so frustratingly reeeeee

1 Like

Do people say this? How do they explain how rampant dungeon leveling is in Classic? Everyone I know did it “properly” the first time, then decided it was too awful and time consuming to do again and just afk’d in SM/Mara/BRD afterwards.

The problem isn’t Raider. io, the problem is the people.

There will always be a group of people that find a way to judge others when you’re literally just a random name appearing in the group finder.

When you’re pugging, there has to be a way to filter the applicants. You can’t list a key for a +10, and bring along the first three dps that sign up. There has to be a way to let the group leader know that you have some experience in the content you’ve signed up for.

Even when you have the experience, you’ll still get declined from lots of groups. You’re the wrong class, wrong spec, don’t have the utility the group leader wants, whatever. It’s not personal.

Start at the bottom and build yourself up. Do a ton of +2/3’s, then move on to +4/5’s, get to know the dungeons, the routes, the affixes, and you’ll build your IO in the process.

Try to make friends along the way for future runs, especially if they’re a tank or healer.

The lower keys, up to +9/10 are the most painful to build up. Once you get a good IO and move to +10 and up, it’s much smoother, but unless you have a guild or a group of friends, it can be a long, slow process.

Make a few groups of your own, and invite just random people based on their ilvl, and I promise, it won’t be long before you see why people use Raider. io when forming groups. When you have people ruin your key with 25 wipes for not knowing mechanics, or rage quit and ruin your key, or ‘dc’ and ruin your key… you learn very quickly why people are often vetted before getting an invite.

I made an alt druid last month. Here’s his item progression.

1. I hit 120, first thing I do is do the quest chain that unlocks WQ, Nazjatar, Essences and the 8.3 quest chain. I get some sweet quest reward Azerite gear.
  2. I go through the 8.3 cloak quest chain, got my cloak and 440 bracers and a 445 azerite piece from assault active that week.
  3. Buy a 400 weapon from AH and start capping conquest a few times for easy 445 pvp azerite weapon, azerite and trinket.
  4. My gear is scaled as high as possible at this point, I start WQ for gear upgrades.
  5. I start doing dungeons, first m0s, then progressively from +2, +5 then +8s. To be fair, its abit easier to get in keys as a healer or tank, my mains IO might’ve helped with invites, but it was that easy. Had to apply to alot of keys and getting declined, but I was doing keys at increments of 3 to 4 levels per. eventually was able to do a 9 for the first week. The next 4 weeks was basically doing my cloak visions progression, assault dailies and alot of keys, but eventually was able to go from 10 highest, 14 highest to completing 15 for weekly. Now after a month and half, my alt has caught up to my main at 88 neck, rank 15 cloak, 470 ilevel equipped and completing 5 mask run and a 15 weekly. Gear progression is still there
3 Likes

Blizzard made this fiasco by allowing a rare opportunity to destroy other people’s stuff. Perhaps just get rid of the key system and allow a drop down menu allowing people to try at whatever level of difficulty they like. Just gate it slightly using achivements to open up the difficulty levels.

1 Like

Of course you’re not sure ho. You ignored the point where I described how by quoting a small insignificant portion.

Ignoring your sad insult, the rest of your post was nonsensical so I didn’t bother including it.

Likewise. *

Couldn’t help resist posting this again

1 Like

“Toxic” is the most toxic word of the last decade. It’s not rufus

1 Like

Players needed a tool to measure candidates for their M+ keys above a certain level. We got Raider IO it’s not perfect but it is better than gearscore. I took a break after Season 2 and a few weeks of being back I am doing 10+ keys.

Just like others have said you have to put the work in with +2s then +5s then +7s before you attempt a 10. That’s roughly the level ranges for each affix to show you can handle the complexity added to the fights. Then on your way up to 15+ it’s how much you can handle all mechanics by skill and gear selection. DPS that try to do well are in as high demand as tanks and healers. As DPS I rarely can’t find a key group, so calling a tool toxic is not going to fix your problem that is on you to do.

Everyone can get their own key easily. Is it sunday already?

Meanwhile since I haven’t played end game since patch 7.2.5 I’m like, “What is Raider io?”

You missed Sunday my guy. By a lot too actually.