Blizzard Player Housing?

I say that because Blizzard has a history of abandoning things once. they move on to another expansion.

Speaking only for myself, Player Housing is not the type of content I’m interested in.

Just copy Rift / Wild star, if the world was bigger then copy Star Wars Galaxies.

I’m sure they could add entrances to certain places in the city for the more upscale homes and cottages in the fields near the embassy for the Alliance. They don’t need to make a single house for each toon. Make it like EQ2 with houses of various sizes, guild halls, etc. They would be gold sinks, they could add furniture recipes to each profession and they could add recipes as drops to raids and dungeons to keep people chasing that carrot.

I love the player housing system in Aion, it is actually a community area. They have housing ranging from apartments to mansions and not just in the capital city for each faction but in various other zones. For example in the zone you would use to level form 20-30, they have an area set aside for playing housing there. So you can pick different environments to live in as well.

And it doesn’t stop there, each “house” can be furnished (with items from instances, raids, quests and trade skills), you can change the actually way your house looks by selecting different paints, fences, plants and water features. Then if you want you can determine what access level people can have to your home. If you want anyone can visit, you can make it completely private or things like friends/guild mates.

It was one of the color player housing system I had experienced (SWToRs wasn’t too bad) and until Aion I actually didn’t care for the system. But I have to admit I went out of my way to do older content to find certain housing decor items I wanted.

This was Blizzard’s attempt at making player housing a thing. A “Customizable” player cell that other players can visit.

The one sole thing I’d love to see added to WoW is player housing. So much could be done with it, from crafting, to cash shop items, etc. Player housing has been a thing I’ve enjoyed in every game that has had it. Real shame I can’t get that in WoW yet.

1 Like

LOVED EQ2 housing and crafting system.

I wish I took more screenshots of my house in SWG. I had one of them biggo two story ones (Corellian model). For one of the downstairs rooms I placed a bookcase to cover the door and then filled that room with guns and swords all over the wall like a secret armory. I miss my secret agent lair.

Ding ding ding. The devs always said if they did player housing in WoW, it would be very Warcraft-esque. That’s what the garrisons were.

Personally, I think they’ll never make player housing as good as other games like Wildstar did it, so they shouldn’t even bother. I’d rather they just focus on the stuff they’re good at.