Blizzard nerfs timewalking badges for literally no reason

MAUs are valuable metrics to them.

1 Like

The anniversary has its own currency. The Timewalking vendor for Classic Timewalking will just rotate with the rest of the Timewalking events as they come and go every month.

I didn’t say it was great, I was just splaining what they could have been thinking. Nerf during the event. However, since I have my eye on specific items for this event, and not EVERY SINGLE ITEM, I already know between Dungeons, Raids, Dailies, and Khaz Algar world stuff, there will be more than 960 tokens, and I only need 949 if I want to buy everything at full price. Then again, the Tier sets get cheaper the more you buy.

Peace. For sure I knew where you were coming from. Even with the conversion, it is so bad, it still doesn’t justify the 500 > 200 nerf. I don’t think anyone wants to go from 20 Alts to 49 Alts just to keep the same income rate of TW. With new rewards being added @ 1200 - 2000 plus 3000 / 5000 cost rewards 
 nerf again makes no sense.

The change is fine for those with a decade of stock. New players and people with limited stock, this is very anti-player.

5 Likes

I do not disagree. Maybe this is their version of a “squish” to keep new players coming back to TW as much as us Vets have. I know it sounds counter productive, but if they have data showing an influx of new and returning players, this Anniversary Event is the perfect cover story for a squish. Does not make me agree with it, but certainly understand it from a business and longevity perspective.

Devs are so incompetent. God forbid we get rep, overpriced heirlooms, and a mount

9 Likes

wow blizzard
 Why not increase Infinite Timeweaver drop rate or allow us to buy it for 25k badges for example. Huge fun detected lets nerf badges while we promote 20th anniversary.

4 Likes

eww 10 weeks
such overkill tbh that event really only needs to be 10 days.

I’m not biting.

1 Like

“We want the activity of playing alts to provide a modest bonus” they say after making the item turn in worse. Cut the BS Blizz and tell the truth already
you detected fun and decided it needed to die yet again. I swear the guys who focus on profit rather than the happiness of the customers are going to run this game into the ground at this rate. Games are meant to be fun and enjoyable not stressful work Blizz.

4 Likes

This is a brainless change however it’s still not worse than when they nerfed timewalking twinks.

I remember farming for triple gem socket pieces from the most obscure places, epic gems from tbc actually being profitable to craft. It was a fun few expansions.

5 Likes

because they’re warbound now. i found out i had almost 20k badges i didn’t even know i had, across a bunch of alts, because you can transfer them.

2 Likes

wont bother with timewalking. barely have any badges on most alts. the 500 were my main source of income. hows that for engagement blizzard? I refuse to do it anymore.

2 Likes

I’ve played for how many years and didn’t even know you could do the quest more than once, I still have the quest items for a few different timewalking events on several alts.

How many badges do we even need? Are the new sets going to cost badges?

Thanks for the reminder
 I have 48k Timewalking Badges.

1 Like

my monk has like 75 badges total.

So, the first turn in is still normal then, right?

Because I don’t have alts.

1 Like

what in the ef even is this modern game

3 Likes

every purchase from TW badges has been BOA/Account bound since it’s conception. BOA/Account bound was the old word for Warbands.

Blizzard be like Now that we have BOA things where we’ve had BOA things, we’ll give you less currency for BOA things:

This is the company you keep defending by misrepresenting bad decisions as good ones.
This is the company that pays content creators to pretend the game is in a good state because you all follow and financially support those clowns too.
Figure it out.

8 Likes

The difference: Timewarped Badges were Soulbound to the character that earned them and the items purchased required large quantities of these badges.

I’m sorry that you feel the need to violently lash out against anyone who dares to have a differing opinion than yours. One day you’ll mature and be ashamed of your childish behavior. Cheers, kid.

1 Like