Blizzard nerfs timewalking badges for literally no reason

People that have been doing tw aince it began had to do that already. We had to wait how many weeks it ia with 500 per character separated. We already did that.

This is affecting those with few to no alts because now they cant even do that properly because there is a 40% tax.

The tax is so dumb man, really.

I played to earn all my currency, why the hell am I being punished for playing an alt?

You do burn your rested XP slower FWIW. But the main use for heirlooms is to avoid having to upgrade gear as you level.

Ok, then, TW badges aren’t really for you.

If you mean during prepatch there were issues. Legion TW had massive scaling issues.

But otherwise I agree: DF TW was IMHO in a pretty good place. It’s astounding to me that it’s fallen off so hard.

Yeah, the people saying “but badges are Warbound now” don’t get it at all. The drop rate for badges is way too low (5-10 per boss) so the weekly quests are the only reasonable farming method. So, anyone serious about farming TW cosmetics were already using alts.

The example I give is: 10 alts doing the weekly. After 10 TW weeks (~30 weeks, 100 dungeons) you have ~52K badges (~5200 per toon). You can buy all 6 5K mounts and pretty much everything else. Ignore the raid weekly because alts can do that too.

Now you’re making 500 + 9 * 200 + 10 * 20 = 2500 badges per week so it takes you ~21 TW weeks (~63 weeks, 210 dungeons) to get the same badges.

The currency being Warbound is utterly irrelevant here.

Oh and to show you how nonviable and silly it is to farm 50K badges on one toon, imagine you do 1 dungeon per TW week you’re talking 100 TW weeks (~6 years, 100 dungeons) or 5 dungeons per week for the weely chest is 600 badges per TW week so 600 badges per TW week (~5 years, 430 dungeons).

Basically, you couldn’t farm all the cosmetics without alts previously. People such as myself have all the badges we could ever need (~300K personally). This simply punishes people coming later and newer players for literally no reason.