Blizzard needs to create mirror image BGs from now on

Been on a random BG without a DH lately? :grin: I havenā€™t. Common as dirt.

Levitate, yes, slowfall too. Mainly itā€™s DH though I see doing this. Boomkin flapā€¦hehe! Yes, I am a child with this boomkin thing, no apologies. :laughing:

But the same can be done to get to the flag as Alliance. So Iā€™m not sure how itā€™s a horde advantage. At least Alliance can kill the DH before he gets the flag

Go to to graveyard in allaince try to jump from graveyard to top of hill to cap flag

Comeback with a serious face and say itā€™s the same and horde side isnā€™t easier

Iā€™m willing to admit Iā€™m wrong if itā€™s not possible but Iā€™m not able to log in now. If anyone can test this out and confirm?

Given their CC capabilites, itā€™s not easy to defend ANYTHING against a pair of roguesā€¦I on the other hand can just knock you off of BEā€¦since i can double pushā€¦no rogues required.

Combat styles have greatly changed is more the issue. The bridge into the Alliance base was impassable once upon a time(greater character mobility is also a factor), due to a serious lack of players on the alliance that play defense anymore, it seems easier for the Horde than it really should be to gain a foothold.

It still can be defended hard if an ally team puts their mind to it.

However too many classes have unstoppable Knock Back abilities now . Dragon charge or Steed of Glory as examples are very different and more difficult to stop than the traditional Shaman thunderstorm.

It isnā€™t the fault of the map that alliance teams chose not to PVP in a battlegroundā€¦As to some classes overextending to be killedā€¦well weā€™ve all seen that beforeā€¦

I think you misunderstand ā€¦ it harder to defend on a bridge if the unstoppable enemy Pally just runs through the crowd and throws you down .

Itā€™s not just the fault of alliance . The bridge is not what it was as a defensive structure when AV was released in Vanilla.

YOU cross the bridgeā€¦we donā€™t need to, we slow and knock off all of your support with the skills you just mentioned( and a few moreā€¦like i donā€™t know hunter traps) and then kill the pally that is standing in the middle of a crowd of allianceā€¦aloneā€¦

If you stand behind the bridge, you have lost the defense .

I see what Gladewolf is saying and somewhat agree. If two pug groups are looking at each other, the group that charges will be at a disadvantage just because of not everyone charging at the same time and somewhat splitting the team up even for a few seconds while the other group has full blow assault against the first ones in range.

Couple that with the bridge and ring of peace/knockbacks/even mass entangle and you can really split up the charging team.

I understand why youā€™d think thatā€¦after all the Alliance hasnā€™t put up a decent defense team in whatā€¦7 years? I can however assure you that the alliance doesnā€™t need to go far enough onto the bridge to be a serious risk of being knocked offā€¦YOU however donā€™t have that luxury.

The mobility i was referring to was more that several classes can now completely bypass the bridge.

Exactly, itā€™s a player issueā€¦ like Iā€™m constantly pointing out.

I would say the bridge can be a comparable chokepoint to Frostwolf keepā€™s entrance, but the ā€œproblemā€ is that 90% of the time Alliance pugs are nowhere to be seen at allā€¦ Alliance base is usually a ghost-town in the typical pug match. So the Horde team just ā€œwalks inā€ un-opposed almost every game.

At MOST there might be 3-4 Alliance in the Alliance base at any given time (and maybe 1-2 are just afk on their mountsā€¦ so itā€™s more like 1-2 Alliance), itā€™s very rare for Alliance pugs to defend/backcap these days.

Only time you see Alliance pugs in any significant numbers in Dun Baldar is when they ā€œinvoluntarilyā€ end up there due to failing to secure a forward graveyard/getting wiped down south.

Truth, but that doesnā€™t not equal a horde map advantage. Back in the days when both sides understood that ā€œPVPā€ meant we were going to have a fight, The alliance were provided with a MAP FEATURE that could both kill and split horde forces easilyā€¦Frostwolf, while difficult to breach, will never cause me to fall to my death.

Only map that actually has favours rn is DWG speed capping in the open.
SSM both teams have favour to a different cart.

Apart from that the BGs donā€™t favour any side.
WSG is fine.

Alliance will come up with any little reason they can say to not try anymore, they like to accept defeat because warsong gulch is apparently easier for horde.

1. WSG has long favored Horde. From rocket boots parachute cloak to disengage parachute etc etc to current DH and Boomkins. From Alliance gvy OR from top of Ally tunnel. I have witnessed many times Horde FC literally fly across the entire BG field to the entrance of their own base. Try it as alliance from Horde base.

2. AV is not designed as a sprint. Its designed as a long fight. The positioning of the bunkers vastly favors Horde. The horde bunkers are literally on top of their gvy. Their towers are right next to each other as well.
    Balinda vs Galv? PLEASE. Not even remotely close.

3. Asharan. The Flowers. Emberfall vs yet another alliance joke frost mage. Not even a contest.

4 AB, horde got to BS, the key node, faster

Huh? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Balinda trucks, certainly hits much harder than Rylai the Ashran mage. If you donā€™t have a healer or two when fighting Balinda your tank will probably die. She puts out considerable magical burst damage.

Meanwhile, Galv can be tanked without a healer since all his damage is physicalā€¦ you donā€™t even need a healer to fight him (most of the time).

1. You can launch from either side of WSG. It also take a lot of time to get into position to launch on EITHER SIDE. Meaning you simply need to stop them. If you have no one on the flag carrier, you are wrong. I have personally launched from the Horde base (eng hunter). only works if the horde team isnā€™t paying attention. same applies to the horde launching alliance side.

2 . So what you are sayingā€¦is that if you TAKE THE GY. The horde are now farther away from the towersā€¦

ā€¦The proximity of the Horde towers at their base also allows your ranged players the ability to support a push FROM THE OTHER TOWER. This is a matter of using different tactics than the horde would use.

Balinda and Galvā€¦irrelevantā€¦but if you really want to go there, we have easier access to both mines.

3 I still have no comment for Ashran

4 3 bases is the Key, We get to LM and mine faster and can attack BS from the airā€¦not only that but the horde advantage to speed was wiped out by the addition of the Shaman to the alliance in BC. (water walking) and even further with the DK in WotLKā€¦so we can actually get to ALL bases faster, this is disingenuous.