Blizzard needs to create mirror image BGs from now on

Split a bg into two and mirror each side other than artwork. EOTS is the best example of a proper design. Temple too.

Its the only fair way. BGs are almost always designed to favor horde, at least in the past. Dont believe me?

1. WSG
  2. AV
  3. Ashran
  4. AB until WOTLK and DKs
  5. TP
2 Likes

I actually think starting sides do make a difference in epic BGs. I think if cross-faction eBGs were implemented and data could be obtained for several months, win/loss stats would bear that out.

How does wsg favour horde?

1 Like

Eots is not equal at all. In high rated, mage tower is hell to guard.

1 Like

Graveyard position

1 . Easier for DH to use that path to cap flag
2. Multiple escape routes
3. Easier to defend

Symmetrical?

things will never change with Ion in charge, the man only plays Horde himself, go figure, a person who runs a mmorpg that only plays 1 side.

1 Like

Wintergrasp is 100% symmetrical, how come Alliance pugs do so poorly there? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

WSG is also symmetrical as far as I know, same with AB, not sure how either one of those maps would “favor horde” (???). TP is a strange one to mention in this list, it’s symmetrical as far as I can tell (neither side has any “advantage” over the other).

It can even be argued that the TP map favors Alliance since their base being so “high off the ground” allows for the use of gliders to quickly get to the other side of the map :thinking:

As for Ashran, it’s symmetrical as far as the map itself goes, only thing that tilts in Horde’s favor (as far as geography goes) is the location of the PvE flowers.

As for retail AV, it’s mostly symmetrical and some of the previous Horde-favoring map imbalances have already been hotfixed (Dun Baldar backdoor slope entrance being fixed, SHGY buffed slightly, etc). Korrak’s Revenge AV, now there was an example of “true” map imbalance with the Horde starting cave being closer to the center of the map.

Was thinking this as well. Not to mention Druids can swim w/ the flag for quite a while and end up by the Alliances GY. Curious what advantage Horde have in that map.

Simply being able to use a glider to cover 50-60% of the map in a few seconds is a considerable advantage, since gliders are like 2x as fast as ground mounts.

From their base, Horde players are not able to use gliders at all (not high enough off the ground). So they have to ride ground mounts for the full distance.

Use glider —> get to the flag quicker —> get back to the safety of your team/peelers quicker —> etc

And yes, Druid FC’s can go swim/travel form and end up right next to the Alliance GY (where people spawning can help peel).

1 Like

Ooo another one is being close to the cliff on Horde side. Easy to get knocked off if close enough and not paying attention.

TP I would say has Ally advantage and Horde advantage. Ally high base position gives Horde DH FC advantage back to the horde base for capping, gives Ally fast access to the field in mid. I would say the Horde DH capping advantage is more significant.

Edit: This reminds me of a horde boomkin I saw flap gliding from Ally base across the field to cap for Horde. I started laughing my butt off, it looked hilarious. Hard to fight laughing like that. :joy:

1 Like

1 Nonsense
2 AV favors the Alliance
3 Don’t know
4 Nonsense
5 Actually true

Your basic point is valid…when it applies.

BE is similar.

1. I’ve seen DH do this on both sides.
  2. What escape routes? Can you show a comparison?
  3. Elaborate.

not even close, Its much easier to guard BE than MT from a pair of rogues.

Huh? Pretty sure the map has never favored Alliance :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s just a myth that developed over time, it’s just that no one ever questioned it and therefore it became accepted as “common knowledge”.

True. But that’s just the one class. Anyone else who jumps off that edge with the flag will be about half dead from falling damage.

NUH UH, JUGAA, you wrong!

Levitate, BOOM!

1 Like

Aha! True.

1 Like