Blizzard kills another part of the community in 8.2

Hey, no argument there. They should have realized this was going to happen and fixed it long ago.

1 Like

It’s simply blizzard looking out for their business. This kind of activity cuts into them being able to sell level boosts. They wouldn’t care otherwise.

You CANNOT boost 110-120 which is where this was being used.

That doesn’t fit your narrative now, does it?

1 Like

We are approaching the patch in which, if the previous two expansion are a good indicator, the 120 boost will be coming. As in within 1-2 content patches.

You can’t exactly dispute that.

But yeah, assuming this change was because 110 boosts were being effected isn’t accurate. 120 boosts possibly coming soon being effected would be accurate.

1 Like

Twinks have their own brackets for pvp btw.

They’ve been looking for a way to fix this since the BfA launch.

Is that what they’re doing? I think the simple option would just be to not have the option to turn off exp.

I’m totally okay with Twinking being a wholly unsupported form of playing the game, tbh.

If people want to pursue it anyway, so be it, so long as they understand it might come with some limitations to preserve standard gameplay outside of their tiny little sphere of influence.

They are not allowing players to turn off XP anymore? Is that confirmed?

I don’t twink to PvP, more of a solo PvE thing. If they don’t allow turning off XP, that would really be a turn off.

This isn’t what they are doing at all. XP off will still be a thing, but anyone who voluntarily (ie not random dungeon queue) groups up with someone who has XP off then their XP will be reduced by 95% via the Experience Eliminated debuff. They are fixing an obvious exploit, not removing the ability to twink.

Was anyone else confused?

No… I was able to turn my XP off on the PTR just awhile ago. Theres the new party buff that doesnt let party members (not random group members) gain XP though.

1 Like

Personally, I much rather they be deactivated as soon you step into BFA content and only have them activated in timewalking content (with the exception of BFA timewalking and above that were inevitably going to get). So i can deal with the power loss much faster and adapt to it properly then mid level.

Ditto.

This is honestly the best solution.

2 Likes

As far as I understand the change, the ‘part of the community that blizzard killed’ is people grouping up with highly decked level 110 with exp turned off to powerlevel them through BFA with scaling mismatching in queueable content.

How many people are doing that with friends out of the goodness of the powerleveler’s heart, and how many people are forking gold over to have this done for them?

Capping in BFA is not super fun but it’s not like pulling teeth? You don’t have to do everything. If you yourself spam island expeditions…yuck…with your legiondaries up to level 115, you can probably cap by completing one zone and the war campaign quests if you were so inclined. Pretty sure that’s how I did with my shaman.

my point is, how big of a subset of the playerbase does this really affect anyway?

Long live the twinks.

Good riddance.

I had a friend in my guild that did that so he could powerlevel other people alts :frowning: I don’t mind the changes too much, but let’s say if it came with a 10-20% xp buff or heirloom buff I’d prefer that then just straigh nerf. So yes it would affect for me about 20+ people I know just from that guild.

I’m still agaisn’t that change because people shouldn’t be penalized for wanting to group with other people, even if twinks. That’s just counterproductive for me when the problem is only 110 twinks being too strong with legendaries and scaling, it would be better if they disabled legendaries. And they could always scale gear so 111+ gear is better than any 110 gear a bit like how tbc and wotlk did.

Scaling is broken so… let’s put the hammer down on alts! Yeah!

You’re not going to get any sympathy for twinks, but you’re right about it being a bad sign.

1 Like

I’ve never been a person who wants something taken away that others enjoy, I’m starting to understand why players want stuff like LFR removed just for spite.

lolol

If you think that’s why you’re half dumb for real. We’ll see 120 boosts soon, twinks would cut into their microtransaction sales.

1 Like