Blizzard just hotfixed the ability to detect layers using /who command

Honestly, after thinking a bit about this, I want to believe that they did not acknowledge it in order to not propagate the news of it even further. I know, probably I am trying to be optimistic about it lol.

Here, I got you:
https:// www. twitch. tv/videos/475779014?t=01h01m35s

Remove spaces.

1 Like

Blizzard won’t even acknowledge the mess that BFA is in.

It’s adorable you think you’ll get anymore more than a hotfix related to this.

Oh boy lol. Welcome to this age. Of companies having the data and telling you whatever they want from the data.

? Yes they do. Check out here for screenshots and everything you want:

1 Like

Method fully worked confirmed by a bunch of other players. Go ahead and look through the screenshots here:

I tested it myself.

If it didn’t “work” for you, it could be because you were in an area where there was only 1 layer. Most areas don’t have many layers, maybe 2, 3 at most.

2 Likes

That wasn’t right in that thread either.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, then that is definitely proof.

1 Like

I am sorry, unless you provide some meaningful arguments to what you are saying, I don’t find much value. This has been explained thoroughly in the linked thread. The layering was visible through the who commands and they patched it now.

You might be referring to the fact that searching with a query actually searches through other things, including the region (but not only). That is also addressed in the previous thread, go ahead and read it. The issue was there and it was tested by everyone on the thread.

If you are here just to troll and ignore the other content of my post, you can go ahead but I am not going to waste my time, sorry. If you are interested in this, go and read the full contents of that thread that I linked.

Your conspiracy theory and flawed methodology aren’t proof of anything though.

Flawed methodology? Can you use actual arguments and not just words? If you go to that thread, you will see that I was actually against the original methodology, until we did further tests that provided actual data and evidence. Your claims are based on literally 0 information.

Interesting that they would hotfix this without announcing it to players. But it also seems to make sense, they don’t want to give the appearance of being bad right.

100% true, your claims are based on 0 information. I read the threads, several times. Wild conjecture and flawed theory, typical “Blizzard lies to us” player behavior. Have fun!

As far as I have seen and can find out Blizzard hasn’t hotfixed anything without talking about it. I could be wrong but I can’t find any examples where they hid a hotfix.

Yeah, it seems fishy to me also.

I just hope you are aware of this:

I also hope you realize that they knew something was fishy and it was easy to exploit the layers - otherwise why would they add this new feature to the layering. I just hope… you are not wasting everyone’s time. Wild conjecture is proved by the fact that they publicly “fixed” the layer hopping. Moreover, they also fixed the ability to track layers through the “who” functionality but obviously there was no need for that to be public.

Dude, I know about the layer cooldown hotfix. I’m disputing your /who method of trying to prove layers, which you have failed to prove works outside of your speculation due to flawed testing. Relax and enjoy the game.

Layers are continent-wide.

1 Like

“My” speculation? There’s literally screenshots from 5 other players from different regions of the world in that thread haha. Come with proper counter-arguments if you want to have a discussion. All you’ve said so far is “I don’t believe your evidence” without providing a “why”. I’m done with this lol. Just think about this instead: Blizzard would have no reason to “hotfix” layer hopping if there was no actual way of telling what layer you were part of.