Blizzard just buffed mage tower for guardian druids with this "hotfix"

Well if he’s hard casting 4 moonfires on eyes to kill them, he’s just wasting boss damage :\

It worked for me all the time, when the four portals open and they first come out I would cast regrowth on myself and than go bear form and instant aggro.

Fight is way easier now. I just did some pulls on it while a bit sleepy just to feel it out (about to hop into bed TBH). It takes getting used to the change to the way the elementals work in p2 after the change - I did 7 pulls and had the NPCs died to the elemental 4 of those pulls. That said, that’s more-so because I spent almost two dozen hours on the way the fight used to work. I think if you’re not doing wild kiting strategies like I had used for my pre-nerf kill you can probably chill out and not go crazy with dragging the elementals around to avoid that situation, and the fight will be easier for you because the elementals won’t ever get ticks off on you due to the way they work now (you don’t need perfect incaps since you can outrange their AE by just side-stepping them).

Anywho, the DPS check is breezy. You can beat the DPS check without any cheesy BS just barely avoiding the 4th annihilate if you DPS really hard, or if you plan for the 4th annihilate you will have a lot of extra time before the 5th and the DPS check will be lax.

The nerfs are pretty substantial. The fight isn’t free of course but p1 is still really easy and p2’s DPS check being way easier means you can free up mental resources to devote to not dying.

But like, why is that even a thing when they could have put everyone into template gear and tuned around that. No nonsense farming, all skill-based, as it should be for old solo content.

1 Like

Because not everyone plays the same way. What if they put all the Guardian druids in Vers gear but not haste. All the hasty bears would have a disadvantage. There is no way of getting around this. I’m going to use the dreaded term….but it’s player choice on if they want to farm old gear and make it easier or just walk in off the street.

I am really confused on how any of this is “exploiting” It’s not using glitches, or bugs, or cheats… using ilvl 50 gear for appropriate content is just proper? The items that came out at that time simply had sockets and different enchants. That’s not exploiting, it’s just a normal part of the gear.

So because I used my old legion gear I saved I exploited? Yeah no, it totally didn’t have anything to do with me learning the fight and smashing my head on it for 15 hours straight until I dang near perfected it. It had nothing to do with learning the mechanics. I’m not saying it’s not over tuned but it’s definitely doable.

Both phase 1 and 2 bosses needed the nerf not just kuul and it really should be min of 20 blizzard arnt listening that’s sure . There just doing there own thing

1 Like

My issue has been the insane damage coming from Kruul. I cannot not use a single DR throughout the fight just to save from his smash w/e its called.

The gear doesn’t “scale weird”. It scales just fine. It just happens to have sockets. Socketed SL gear > non socket SL gear too. Is using Korthia sockets an exploit ?

Of course not.

They probably also had sockets on their rings, belts, necks! They exploited! :roll_eyes:

Sockets are allowed, they are not a flaw.

An exploit is using a systems flaw to gain an advantage

People ar rising widely available gear, from past expansion Bc it breaks the scaling algorithm m. It’s breaks the intent of scaling gear down.

I like the idea of going into the mage tower with no armor no nothing. No benefits of any kind outside of consumables. If they tuned it for zero stats zero gems enchants buffs or rebuffs, and strictly the mechanics there wouldn’t be an outcry over the 9.1.5 cheese tower.

When you enter the mage tower all stays and buffs should just be a flat % with no bill bonus possible.
Example: as a guardian Druid i should be locked at 300 agility 500 stam and let’s say 15% crit haste Versa mastery. Trinkets disabled.

Nothing to cheese stats. Just pure mechanics. Right now it’s who has the most gold to buy the cheesiest gear to beat it.

1 Like

The only mention of exploiting in the EULA is this:

“1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;”

Using gear already in the game and therefore expressly authorized to be used in the game, does not fall within that description. It isn’t exploiting a bug. The gear isn’t a bug, it works exactly the way it is designed to work, and any other player can gain the same ‘advantage’ by simply using the same things. The thing people such as yourself seem annoyed about is that someone discovered its beneficial uses. Its rather like Rextroy and his frequent discoveries of the clever use of things that exist in the game. He has never been accused of or punished as an exploiter; all he does is make people (including Blizzard) aware of how it works and if Blizzard feels it an unintentional or undesired effect, they hotfix it or change it.

“Cheesing” the game seems to be another term for cheating. But its like accusing a player of cheating in a dungeon because they use a buff food or potion rather than just doing the instance with no extra buffs or benefits. If you want to do content that way, feel free. On the other hand, if Blizzard decides to change the parameters regarding gear, they will. Not because its an exploit but because it doesnt fit with their ideas for the Mage Tower. If they considered it an exploit there would be thousands of players getting punished right now.

I don’t get the hubbub about gear. Is it so difficult to spend 30 min running lfr raids to get stats and gem sockets you need?

Pros:

1. Cheap repair bill. I’m reading on one occasion a guy spent over 88k in repair bills… I spent like 100g over 3 days…
  2. Get stats you want. Have improper stats? Want to mix it up? Try new strat? Literally go run raids and dungeons for your bis. Otherwise we’d be forced to do shadowlands content that takes longer and more reliant on RNG.
  3. Gem sockets as bonus and only few gems are expensive. Most secondary stat gems are cheap and plentiful.

Past gear is honestly a leg up for the average player into MT and y’all want it gone? Y’all wilin.
We could have templates for these challenges, but honestly I like it this way better. We finally have an excuse to use old raids and the crafting scene is booming. I’m finally making use of old potions, old enchants, and it’s pretty great. This has been a better time walking experience than time walking was ever before.

If everything you say is true. Than why did they nerf specific trinkets and weapon enchants after the first day. It’s not the players fault for out smarting blizzard. But what those players did is literally by definition an exploit. Hence the huge nerfs to them

1 Like

You keep saying that, like repeated use of the words makes it true.

As I said, players have previously shown how specific items/spells/abilities could be used and combined in certain ways that produced unexpected results. That does make them exploits; if it did, those people who demonstrate the results (such as Rextroy) would get banned.

Sometimes when you combine ingredients you end up with a mess, and sometimes you end up with a spectaculare and unexpected result. Research scientists can tell you about that, and in the past many amazing discoveries have come from just such things. They dont get called exploiters because their experiments produced surprising results. Blizzard hotfixes and changes things all the time as they see a situation requiring it. If they wanted to, they could disable all stats on the crafted gear people are using, and who knows, they may even do that. Its their game, they can move the finish line whenever they want.

I continue to believe that making use of older gear in this way is a great idea; it makes Relics of the Past actually useful and provides some colour and fun to crafting and the game even for those like me who dont have the skill for this level of challenge. Seeing it removed would make me sad.

Crusader’s tooltip says it grants 46 Strength. In Mage Tower, it was granting 100. They nerfed it back down to the advertised 46.

It’s still a very good Strength enchant for Mage Tower, it just now gives you the proper tooltip value.

Sadly, i was about 12 hrs late for that one… and do not have the kill

The biggest problem everyone is ignoring is this: In this game, even with its diminished numbers, there are heavily varying numbers of both skill levels and social interaction. These factors have only gotten worse with the massive exodus of players. From my perspective, I missed out on a lot of 7.2 and pretty much all of 7.3 for personal reasons. Not having any way to even attempt to acquire some of the most amazing mogs in the game (original werebear skins) literally hurts my gamine experiences, and this is really the only game I’ve even semi-actively played since 2009. Then all the hype brings that old feeling back and now, since I have the time, I grind. The druid is not my main, but it is fun so I have been grinding. If you look at other content like raids and dungeons, they have progressive skill levels. I mean…why not implement that here also? I could easily accept that I am not mythic raider tier level, but does that mean every time they release new content that I should pay the sub and just accept that I get absolutely nothing (except broken systems)??? If you can make every raid, dungeon, or proving grounds multi difficulty then how freakin hard would it be to also scale solo content? I’m no genius, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say… not all that hard. The VAST majority of the player base in this game has and always will be heroic and lower content level. I could go as far as to say we are the ones “keeping the lights on” over there at HQ. so, with that said…why are do all the newest and best features really only target the top 1%-3%? With the possibility of subs actually being around or even under 1mil, what would become of WOW if 97% just suddenly unsubscribed forever? You would be left with 30k hardcore badass players that got all rewards every time but your company would go belly up in a hot minute! How is it that a nobody like me sees this but you don’t?

5 Likes

Couldnt have said it better and it will happen ,it will not today or tomorow or months after it but it will definately happen and then they will slap themselves silly . I just hope they wake up from this nightmarish hole they are digging for themselves .

4 Likes

Velen dies a hell of a lot more now, and when you manage to get the nether horrors off him you die in a matter of seconds…they move too fast and hit way too hard

2 Likes

I mean i’m not a hardcore badass player and this content targets me. I dont do mythic raids, mythic+ or pvp. If you put more energy in trying to figure out the mage tower than you do getting incensed by the audacity of Blizzard releasing content that solo players can do, you may find you can clear it.

1 Like