Blizzard just buffed mage tower for guardian druids with this "hotfix"

only 8% to hp, nothing else

and only to Kruul, when neth spawn have 10% your hp, and deal 10% your hp every half second if they cast

Velen has like, no hp and dies instantly to 2 auto attacks

Eyes take 3-4 moonfires each to kill and are 100% rng with eye placement…

yeah, they basically are going ‘hey look, we made it easier’ without actually fixing the problems of scaling or anything

2 Likes

In this particular case, no, this was just a health nerf. By and large, the biggest issue for Kruul wasn’t the ability to deal with the mechanics (though at least one has seen changes) it was the DPS break point of doing it before hitting the enrage equivalent. Some people were running a DPS trinket or two, and still falling short with wipes in the 0-5% range. They weren’t dying to mechanics, the specific gear check, if not just a matter of lucky crits, was just unreasonably tight.

A nearly 8% health nerf eases that significantly. I don’t know how long the Kruul encounter tends to run off the top of my head, but an 8% health nerf to say a six minute encounter takes off nearly 30 seconds. That’s a big difference.

These changes are rolling out intermittently, we may yet see more.

Eyes take 1 moonfire and are literally the least threatening thing in the encounter

In ptr maybe.

When I’ve been doing it it’s 3-4 moonfires per eye unless I crit or get a GotG proc, and I have to do a few thrashes to deal with the nethers too

This is a typical Ion move. When you mess up, you not only ignore everyone but you double down. Why that man still has a job is insane.

5 Likes

How is using gear available in the game to everyone an exploit? Whether its gear from now, from then or from years previously, its still using stuff you can earn or make ingame.

I dont get this attitude.

you must be butt naked if its taking you 4 moonfire to kill an eye

Galactic Guardian 1-shots the eyes so I have no idea what folks here are talking about anyways.

Here’s the solution. No gear in the MT. Tune for that.

2 Likes

Blizzard: “We heard you. We agree the mage tower is too hard for certain specs, such as Guardian Druid. We will address it.”
Also Blizzard: nerfs trinkets that helped make it easier
Also Blizzard: nerfs enchants that helped make it easier
Also Blizzard: makes it harder to reposition adds

4 Likes

a single moonfire will kill the eye with a full dot tick

you dont need to spam 3-4 moonfires to kill it instantly

I mean, I wouldn’t be opposed to a static template, but I don’t see them ever balancing that :<

I’m not, I’m geared around 207 last I looked, but I’ve been having a hell of a time with things even being remotely consistent. I’ve had Infernals chain cast stop, sometimes it only hits the area they jagged up, some times it’s a lazer through the entire map, sometimes eyes will still punt while I’m looking right at them because they are too high up in the air, sometimes they’ll spawn behind the pillars behind the inquis too and I won’t have los but they can still channel on me

I’m all for it. Then I know it’s because I suck and not because I didn’t wade through a ton of info on one obscure trinket someplace.

Except there is no flaw. Getting gear isn’t a flaw, its how the game works.

I dunno what gear you’re using, but it takes 2 moonfires to kill for me.

Damn that’s crazy, they’ve been doing this the entirety of WoW’s existence but people keep playing the game.

2 Likes

They just nerfed kruul hp and netherstorm adds hp by 10%

netherstorm add hp was unchanged, only krull was nerfed and it was just under 8%.

Kruul was nerfed, but the adds were buffed. It made the fight harder. Lol.

2 Likes