Blizzard ignored player feedback on sky riding

I don’t understand what the issue is. You have to wait 5 seconds to switch between flying styles? Is that what you mean?

I never use static flying, so maybe this will never affect me.

2 Likes

1 second would do the same thing.

I just want some flying mounts to not be sky riding mount so I can just use the mount for the mode I want to fly in.

5 Likes

Nty. Try again. 🪽 :cloud_with_rain:

Every single player has access to the forums however!

1 Like

no shock there. I’ve been giving them suggestions for decades and I’ve never received a response on a single one.

Once I got a bounce back and I was really excited, it ended up just being a bounce back. In case you missed it at the beginning of the sentence.

No, it wouldn’t be nearly as much of a disincentive to frequent swaps.

2 Likes

So what feedback should they not ignore?

Whatever feedback that said “it’s a terrible idea to waste 5 seconds of every player’s time 700 times a day” is the feedback they should not have ignored.

7 Likes

They didn’t ignore it. They just didn’t agree.

7 Likes

They chose to downgrade the player experience, that’s what they did.

14 Likes

So did everyone here. When it was first discovered, a bunch of us posted about it and got told we were overreacting. Then open beta came out, people realized it is annoying and by that point, it was too late.

2 Likes

I think the point of the toggle is because they don’t want you to switch back and forth 700 times a day.

4 Likes

I don’t use old flying so it doesn’t really matter to me how long they make it take to switch but it really should only take the same amount time it does to summon a mount.

1 Like

Why should they care how I play the game? Oh, because they want every player to spend as much of their time as possible playing while also making everything take as long as possible.

6 Likes

Ask all the druids who had the ability to do it instantly for the past two seasons up until now (flight form).

4 Likes

EverQuest, 1999: I was killed by a hill giant that I couldn’t see because I was meditating and had to stare at my spell book which took up my entire screen, now I’ve lost so much experience I lost my level and I need help getting back to my corpse because my character is now naked and fragile.

WoW, 2024: 5 SECOND TOGGLE, GET THE PITCHFORKS

6 Likes

Oh the upside, blizz also ignored all the folks who said DR is so awesome that old flight should be removed altogether.

2 Likes

So, wait, is the theory that millions of people WANT a 5 second toggle and that only a few think it’s silly?

5 Likes

If you don’t care either way, kindly leave the thread that is not affecting your gameplay negatively?

5 Likes

Counterpoint: don’t post stuff on a public forum if you don’t want public feedback and responses.

Sorry I’m not agreeing with your point of view, but I’m not required to.

3 Likes