Blizzard ignored player feedback on sky riding

This is Blizzard, they’ve been doing that for 2 decades now. Why are you surprised?

You didn’t answer the question and labeled everyone that opposes your opinion as extremists.

No I didn’t label anyone as an extremist.

One place where you see more math errors in every day life than anywhere else is when people are talking about statistics. People don’t realize how careful you have to be when drawing conclusions about a population based on a small sample.

Now the sample can be very effective with a low margin of error or it can be completely wacko based on how you collect your data and how you analyze it. If you’ve taken a college course in statistics this is something that gets reviewed quite a bit.

One major problem that causes errors is when you have a small biased sample. What I was doing was showing a case that was dramatic enough so everyone could see it. However far less obvious bias can be equally effective at turning your analysis into nonsense.

In this case we have the internet forum. No major polling agency like Harris or Gallup uses internet forums to collect data because they are extremely biased in favor of someone who has a complaint, someone who has a cause.

On the flip side, people happy with things the way they are almost never enter passionate notes saying over and over and over again how happy they are about something.

So if your only source of data is internet forums and perhaps anecdotal evidence (i.e. “My friends feel the same way”), then you basically have no reliable data at all. There are no useful conclusions to be made about the full population from the data you have.

This is not my opinion, it’s basically what we learn in Statistics 101.

Still didn’t answer my question. Yes I covered statistic in my undergrad degree.

Q: Do I think this is about the feed back on the forum?
A: Yes, that is where the data is being collected. Do you have other data?

Q: “Is what you are saying is that since the sample size is small, we should ignore all feedback?”
A: No, we should not ignore all feedback. It is not about the size of the sample. The problem is that internet forums are notoriously biased in favor of someone who has something to complain about.

If this was random polling it would be far more accurate.

They sure did.

Good, then we will continue to give our feedback even if you say not enough people are interested in a given opinion.

The fact people get so bent out of shape over 5 seconds amuses me to no end.

1 Like

“Ten seconds to love!”

I never said that. But of course if the only way you can win a debate is by claiming someone said something that they never said, well that’s just the way you roll.

What I did say is that there is no evidence that your feedback represents the opinion of the millions of people who play this game. Often times we see a group all saying the same thing then claim “The players don’t want this” implying they speak for the millions of people playing the game.

They don’t. It is their feedback but it only represents their opinion, not everyone’s opinion as they claim.