Blizzard, if you don't make your next blue post about how sharding is NOT going to be in the game

great argument… not…

When there are 800 people, the only thing u will be doing is trying to get ahead of the masses, meaning u will be vile towards others. I would more easly make friends if there were less people in the starting zones.

5 Likes

Dude! I’m anti-sharding as well…

…but that’s not how that works…

:cocktail:

7 Likes

right, there probably wouldn’t even be that many people there in the first place.

but if you are anti-sharding, why arn’t you making your voice heard?

I’ve made my position known for quite a while.

I find it’s very easy to make friends at Walmart on Black Friday. We work together to get the limited stock on the shelves and no one pushes or shoves! There’s no conflict and everyone stands around chatting and exchanging Apple pie recipes.

/s

10 Likes

That’s not enough, you have to continually repeat yourself to drill it into these people’s head that sharding is bad.

Making your position known once then shuting up is not going to work.

Yeah, but real life isn’t sharded. At least you get to see each and every person next to you. I would rather have that and deal with what ever issues it causes then have sharding.

1 Like

It really wasn’t though. Despite WoW peaking at 12 million or whatever players, and a good chunk of those having seen some Vanilla, it wasn’t that way. How do I know? I started November 29, 2004, on this very toon, on Shadowsong-US, part of the first batch of US servers. Admittedly, that was 9 days after launch. There was about 15 people in Northshire with me. And having asked one of my real life friends, who started minute 0 on actual launch day, Shadowsong Alliance in Elwynn had no more than 100 people.

There is a good chance this redeaux of Vanilla, dubbed Classic, will not only draw private server players and retailers, but ex-customers. I’d imagine most servers to have at least 2 or 3 times those original numbers in every starting zone, if not more.

The hype is huge surrounding this.

When big name streamers like Sodapoppin, Shroud, and Summit return, you’re talking a magnifying lens on the entire project to the tune of ~75,000 people. And that’s just 3 guys. Word has spread, and thanks to Chromie’s intriguing question, “what if we could go back?” Many will come back. Probably much more than we expect.

You will probably see 500 players per shard and you will rage when you don’t get your tag on Garrick Padfoot. Firmly leaving you further behind the zerg as you stammer for people to invite you.

5 Likes

It’s definitely been more than once.

2 Likes

Most cities have more than one Walmart.

:wink:

2 Likes

I can go into Stormwind on Stormrage and see anywhere from 100-150 people around the AH. There’s probably more than that in the shard if you walk around a bit.

I don’t know why people think there’s only going to be some small number, like 20 people in a shard.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think it will be a small number either. 500 isn’t very large in that grand scheme, but we have yet to hear what the server caps are going to be, so I’m spitballing on that end.

Did I stutter? I said I was willing to put up with that, and more. I know. in my bones, that sharding is bad for the game.

Other people might not be willing to put up with it, but if starting on day one with 100 people in Deathknell is part of the Classic experiance, that that is something I want to experiance.

Andthing else is just a hollow feeling.

You need to shard your 1 anti-sharding post in at least 9999 more

No, you didn’t stutter, but your entire arguement is subjective conjecture and not along the vein of logic. I’ve been through the humps and know where you’re coming from, and I can respect it.

But if you want an actual experience, I think you should invest your gut into more onerous topics like right click reporting, loot trading, spell batching, and content. Sharding is like a wet fart compared to Mt. St. Helens erupting on the Richter scale compared to spell batching, which will change the entire fundamental dynamic of PvP engagements you’ve watched on YouTube from old content.

3 Likes

I doubt that they’ll ever tell us that. Actually, at the Blizzcon Classic press conference when someone asked about server caps, John Hight (I think it was) said something like, “it doesn’t work like that” which gave me the impression that with the cloud server thing they’ve got, they can set dynamic population allocation numbers for each “server”. Now it’s my turn to spitball. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Your right, sharding isn’t negotiable. It’s not a negotiation. It’s blizzards decision. Deal with it.

3 Likes

You won’t be missed, have a nice day.

Also, never told you to shut up, just trying to help you see truth. Not your game, not your decision.

2 Likes

We need sharding in the STARTING zones only. Why?

Engadget article from 2010 stated the following:

CEO Mike Morhaime stated in the [quarterly conference call for investors] yesterday that only 30% of all [Trial Accounts] make it past level 10

70% of ALL WoW players quit before even reaching level 10. That is the starting zone. After that NO SHARDING IS NEEDED.

Classic will hit lots of people. Many will return and many will HATE IT. Don’t take my word for it. Take Mike’s word for it. The same words he told investors in 2010. And that was even easier than Classic WoW.

If 10,000,000 start Classic WoW. 3,000,000 will make it past level 10. We don’t need sharding PAST the starting zones.

1 Like

I just have to change the minds of the people that matter.

You, Redheadchild, your opinions don’t matter, you can leave now.

2 Likes

Still not a negotiation. My opinion on sharding means nothing, so does yours.

3 Likes