Blizzard, if you don't make your next blue post about how sharding is NOT going to be in the game

I just don’t know how i’m going to get through to you.

Sharding is anathema, it will kill the game.

If I’m playing in the barrens, I want to see every one that is there. if you use sharding to handle the load, you are being lazy. you used to be able to handle this stuff without sharding, and the fact that you are even considering using sharding means that you don’t have enough passion for this project and that you are just doing it for the money.

No Shard, No Changes. Handle it the way you used to, or drop it.

If you do use sharding, you can be sure that i won’t be playing it.

All you people who say “Oh they will just use it for the first few hours, first few days, first few months…”, you are missing the point.

Sharding is bad. Sharding is the Classic killer.

You can have a piece of junk with sharding, or a true classic experience, one or the other.

It’s time to chose, Blizzard.

But you can be sure of one thing:

If you make the wrong choice, you’re dead to me, always and forever.

36 Likes

Oh look, another ultimatum thread.

71 Likes

Well it seems like Unltimatum threads are the only way to get the point across.

Sharding is not negotiable.

Now if you actually cared about classic, you wouldn’t have made your superfluous comment.

16 Likes

Ultimatums, the least effective threat. Also, not necessary in the least, not in a forum where discussion is objective.

When Blizzard claims they are fine with 10’s of thousands of players. Your threat has no teeth.

22 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s the quickest way for a CM to press back in their browser.

As they should when dealing with children like this.

28 Likes

Wow, I’m surrounded by people who don’t really care about classic.

it’s nice to know there’s a real communty who cares about these sorts of things. /s

9 Likes

Correction, you are surrounded by people that have a higher standard for communication.

Ultimatum is the lowest form of threat.

32 Likes

Well how else you get across the point that it’s no sharding or bust?

Because that’s what it is, it’s either classic wow or it’s a piece of junk with sharding.

There is no inbetween. No negotiation.

I will not stand for anything less.

9 Likes

Mr Wonderful😅

1 Like

Blizzard continues to show their commitment to the community with changes to their planned content progression and even announcing their intention to do some form of item progression. Can you naysayers believe them now, when they say that IF they use sharding, it will only be temporarily at launch and in the starter zones?

Blizzard is surely quaking in their boots.

15 Likes

No temporarily use.

It’s either Classic wow, or it’s a piece of junk with sharding.

4 Likes

Wow, another black & white view of reality.
Tell you what, if they do not have sharding and the server becomes overloaded (it will happen), then you agree to be the first to be kicked off the server because you WANT the vanilla experience.

17 Likes

Yes, exactly.

I would perfer that over sharding.

6 Likes

Here is the Elysium launch. Not as big as Light’s Hope and had more crashes.

You are literally forced to group without sharding.

Now this isn’t a bad thing, as community drives Vanilla. But it destroys early level profession progression combined with leveling. There is no chance to really conquer Elwynn during the “zerg” as us private server players call it. The only thing we care for is getting ahead. Why? So that we don’t have to stress the continued AIDS that is 800+ people at Jangolode Mine.

I am a staunch no-change guy, but on this front, I’d gladly take sharding straight to the beak and hope they focus on getting rid of right-click reporting, and talking to the community about loot trading.

On Northdale, it was worse. We had almost 14,000 players on launch. I was in the top 20 of Warriors Horde-side to get to 60, and I will tell you, Durotar was pure Hell.

There is a mob called Sarkoth you need to kill, a scorpion, in the Valley of Trials. The GMs had to literally balloon him to 500% his original size just so he could be targeted. Warriors don’t get instant casts. We have auto attack. Tagging mobs does not happen. really. You can’t “git gud” when there is 2300 Trolls and Orcs covering a spawn.

There is no “grinding” without a private server adjusted dynamic respawn FORCING nodes, chests, and mobs to respawn on kill and loot.

I see absolutely zero problem with sharding IF we are going to have 5k+ server population caps in the starting zones. Beyond 15, I agree. But even early Barrens will drain you, because the zerg is hungry for Vanilla ice cream.

I had to basically not sleep for the entire first day to get to 24, and then pull another 20 hour shift to get a few levels ahead of the zerg. Fun, yet brutal.

Be careful what you wish for.

25 Likes

It’s your time and it’s your money. If they don’t deliver a product to you liking it’s a given that you will move on.

You get your point across with a well thought out logical design.

Let me show you the Blizzard mentality. Insight into their mental thought process to a thread like this.

We are taking advantage of the sharding tech to facilitate a smooth launch. We are not looking to recreate the original launch experience. Once you see that sharding will be for a limited term. Come check things out again. Your friends will be waiting.

You’ve stated no form of compelling arguement with your OP.

8 Likes

Blizzard had to deal with this without sharding before sharding was ever a thing. if it destroys something in the early game, well that’s the way it was when vanilla was a thing.

If that’s the way things were, then I would rather put up with that then let blizzard be a lazy hog that uses sharding.

I don’t have friends in the game. I want to be able to make friends. but if If sharding is in the game, then I won’t be able to make friends.

do you get it now?

3 Likes

Lol.

Boolint

12 posts

63 Troll Death Knight

Egads man, we’ve been had!

8 Likes

When there are 800 people fighting over a few mobs, how will u make friends?

4 Likes

Sharding in no way prevents grouping or any other method of finding friends.

Huge misguiding, intentionally or not

4 Likes

800 new people to make friends with is better than zilch.

2 Likes