Blizzard I would like to give you a big round of applause

Sure as heck contributing to it though enjoy my ignore list. Also no you are defending boosting don’t play coy here. I have respect for people standing their ground even if their viewpoint is something I disagree with. Edit: of course you hidden your profile you don’t want other people ignoring you.

2 Likes

He’s hiding his profile like wimps hide behind pillars in arena instead of standing in the mid and fighting like a real man.

Who me or maizou? Cause maizou is only one whose profile is hidden mine isn’t.

I have literally explained countless times I hide my profile entirely so it doesn’t say when I’m typing a reply.

Hiding the profile doesn’t really do anything but that. You can still find people’s post history, their armory, put them on ignore, etc just fine if it’s hidden.

1 Like

I didn’t know it did that o_o

1 Like

Yea. I got sick of people getting mad I changed my mind about replying mid reply back when the new forums launched.

I’m not even sure why it exists. All it does is contribute to harassment. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

To ignore someone with a hidden profile:

1. Tap on your own avatar in the upper right corner
  2. Tap on the little person icon all the way on the right
  3. Go to preferences
  4. Tap where it says “account” and drop down to “users”
  5. Hit “add” and start typing the name.
  6. Select the correct one when it pops up
  7. Select a timeframe
  8. Hit “save changes”
1 Like

Ah thank you much better now. I can avoid drama more easily

1 Like

Somehow in 2022 a whole lot of people can’t read a single sentence stating these bans are for account sharing and not gold boosting.

What did I expect out of the wow community though. People read 4 paragraphs and only see 3 unrelated words. Mix and match them until it spells “wow is dead” then melt down on the forums.

2 Likes

The ban wave email refers to account sharing

Have you even seen one of the emails? No they are not targeting the people you mentioned. Not even in the slightest. They are targeting people who bought boost through external websites and obtained the Boost through account sharing. So these are most likely people who have bought boost with real money fom a boosting site

Normally you’re pretty on point Clark however in this case you could not be further off. You’re off your game today my friend

1 Like

Some people do not have time for these things. If I want to buy it with gold I should be able to? What is so horrific about this that I must be gate kept from something because the “community” deemed it so? Get real.

Blizzard disagrees.

1 Like

if you don’t have the skills, you shouldn’t get the reward period when it comes to certain achievements. And for the most part, the game does a good job sticking to this for lots of end game stuff (not sure how it works with PvP though).

I don’t really care if you have time or not, but nobody’s achievements should be negated because a player needs someone to play on their account to obtain something. also it’s a lame excuse - MMO’s are meant to be huge time investments. so maybe you’re playing the wrong type of game (my personal opinion, not stating a fact) :nerd_face:

I’m all for the lesser skilled people having to p2w though so you can do whatever
but it’s not “gatekeeping” - otherwise it would be completely inaccessible, which it isn’t. skill issue :100:

Hi Moob, is your arch-nemesis named Boom?

You’re missing the point completely. Not only did I not mention anyone playing on my account, I have only mentioned buying aotc with gold, for a mount you won’t even use after a day of owning it. I should be able to get that mount whether you like it or not. It’s also unrelated to skill and only related to time and the fact some of us have lives to live but shouldn’t miss out on something like a mount that has no value to someone like you.

1 Like

why bother banning boosts when they program the game to encourage boosts

Uh what? What requirements are you claiming guilds have?

i was not trying to diss you fellow gamer, so hopefully you won’t take my opinion on these matters too personal.

the only issue i had with your post is that you’re implying that obtaining some of these end-game achievements (which you apparently don’t have time for) are a form of gatekeeping"
which i disagree with. that’s a you issue. I don’t dislike that you can buy your aotc mount for gold at all - i think P2w for players in your position is perfectly fair! but you gotta pay!

I think I can agree that having to purchase services to obtain certain end-game achievements is not always due to lack of skill (for example, a player that doesn’t have an active guild might have to pay for an AOTC carry - isn’t necessarily due to lack of “skill” per se)

but having to purchase services for some of the others which require a certain degree of dedication and growth - something like gladiator, m+, mage tower, etc. is def a skill issue :100: (whether it’s due to lack of a player’s experience due to time restraints, or just not being good/rusty at your class). Not really sure where you fit in, but i also don’t really care. I just think that term is tossed around way too much by players that don’t understand what gatekeeping really is.

:nerd_face: