Blizzard hates PvP and PvPers

You sure about that?

Actually, wanna know how you’re wrong? Literally almost all changes and tuning on spells in the last few years been pve-based (while also slightly affecting pvp). Read up on some patch notes before you ever come in here and make an absurd comment like that.

Not that retail even matters. It’s trash. But just sayin…

They’ve made minor changes because of people cheating, they won’t be altering the honor system.
They said that P2(The honor system) isn’t coming until layers are gone.
They stated that each Layer is more or less the population of a vanilla WoW server.

So basically, you’re creating a problem that doesn’t exist.

They do not?

It gets a lot of sh!t, but honestly, the whole balance juggle thing wasn’t even really that bad of a concept. I’ve been wanting Vanilla back since BC came out, and was too dumb to figure out how to find Pservers, so I’m pretty pumped. However, its a bit of a bleak feeling (being a PvP oriented player) that we’ll just be enshrined in a world where rock always beats scissors no matter what.

They separated PvE coefficients from PvP years ago, hence now they can balance them separately.

Prior to that many balance decisions were made on account of things being broken in pvp that ended up negatively impacting pve.

Though this really has nothing to do with any argument. PvP and PvE are both parts of the game with about equal participation at equal levels.

Yeah, going to have to disagree with you on that.

That was back when servers had multiple layers, if you have 10 layers of 3k people each that’s 30k people, so yes, medium population of a 10 layer server is much higher then medium population of a vanilla server.

Layers were also not dynamically added and removed, they had to be hotfixed in and out deliberately.

Oh Ezgg. Is every argument you make always gotta be a “fallacy” or “false” information, for you?

Also, I have nothing to contribute to this thread. Just entertained by Ezgg.

Oh Flocket, are you really implying that I was the only one who told you to lay off the slippery slope? It must be hard not being able to get away with poisonous argumentation on the forums.

You’re the only one who consistently insults, yes.

I guess if I constantly operated from from a reference point of fallacious arguments, I’d consider any and all attempts to point out how faulty my logic was to be insults, too.

Is that why others told you to back off?

Oh, you mean the other #nochangers? The ones that didn’t even bother to read my other posts and were attacking me to further their shared minority view? Like I said, if my whole shtick consisted of “But muh slippery slope!”, I’d probably consider someone pointing out the fallacy implicit in that view as an insult to my existence, too. Do you guys coordinate on discord or something? How do I get an invite?

Or perhaps you’re not always right in your approach? There was no coordination. Your posts were nothing but insults after insults. And you got called out, on it.

But I’m done derailing this thread. People will see for themselves how you choose to interact. Have fun Ezgg.

Nope, nor do I think I am. I’m wrong quite often. Seems like you might be projecting that onto me, given that your response to anyone, not just myself, acknowledging your use of one of the most established forms of logically faulty arguments, was to freak out on them (and apparently stalk them to other threads?). Buh bye now. :kissing_heart:

this post could have been written 15 years ago, and it was just as much mostly empty complaining then as it is now

UO just can’t be compared to WoW in terms of PvP, its combat is basic but the way its played is just different.

Closet comparison to WoW PvP would be things like DAOC/Warhammer Online/SWTOR and Rift…

and in that case…DAOC and WAR were vastly superior to anything pvp wise WoW has offered yet…i’d even say Rift at the start was superior as well and SWTOR with huttball is simply better then most of the things WoW has released.

But yea…WoW can’t hold a candle in terms of pvp to DAOC and WAR.

PvP was more “balanced” once arena came into play. Their “balance” only got out of hand when they decided bring the player not the class and homogenized everything, but that wasnt because of arena.

1 Like

I hate em too. Not a I wish you didn’t exist kind of hate, but a “brussel sprout” kind of I’d be happier if I never saw one again.

No. Arenas came out because they wanted it to be an esport. They simply tested for two seasons before actually doing it.