Blizzard has strayed so far from what these classic servers were suppose to be

Promised no changes which has become ‘some changes’ and that’s the whole point. People don’t wanna play retail with all the changes they added. It’s no longer the same game, and with each new added change we’re becoming more and more like retail and we’re straying further and further away from the way these original expansions were THEN.

I would argue that, while they probably didn’t originally plan on TBC or Wrath, that they still considered them part of the same project and originally had intended #NoChanges, but they started to look at “well, can we improve this experience?” and went #SomeChanges instead.

Whether or not any of those changes were good or bad is up to you to decide.

No they didn’t. There has never ever been any sort of cap aside from player capacity.

Boosting and GDKPs both existed on Illidan, probably because it had a massive Chinese population and those were very common on Chinese servers.

2 Likes

This could not be further from the truth. I assume if you think this is true you must be on one of the mega servers. Fer, ben, or grob. And based on multiple posts i’ve had to read of yours you seem like you would be an RP server kinda clown, so I’m guessing grob.

Anyways on other servers, that are not the 3 mega servers in the US, RDF is talked about almost constantly in LFG as well as other chats. And the vast majority of the conversation is pro RDF and wishing they would implament it. Especially in non peak hours when its close to impossible to get a group for anything.

Not to be a jerk, but being a bit of one… so what?

Do you think they need to stop? Is that the point of the post? Or that they should plow forward with all their #morechanges coming? It’s ok to draw a line in the sand.

Frankly speaking… I’m still excited for WotLK. I don’t want any more changes though. I’d like to see RDF walked back too.

Tell that to the people upset about RDF not being included. How is that more like retail? Naturally as the expansions progress, its going to get “more like retail”, where do you think retail came from?

Okay, lets look at the changes compared to launch of 3.0 to classic 3.3.5.

• we have dual spec
  • we have all of the balance changes up to 3.3.5
  • AOE Cap of 10 mobs
  • Cooldowns Reset after boss encounter ends
  • Dungeon changes “to combat boosting/RMT”
  • Raid monster HP increases (which is probably negated by the 3.3.5 balance changes alone, not including how prepared the player base is nowadays)

Is that it?

I played or Korialstrasz, or as my guild like to call it, Failastrasz. If we had GDKPs in the ICC patch, then it was something widespread amongst all the servers.

:clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

Imagine being salty that the only existing true classic experience left is on an RPPVP server. Guess what bro, only reason grobb is still balanced is because of the community it has, something every other server is missing. I wonder why? It couldn’t be that genuinely better human beings play grobb could it?

Six…you just can’t stop shoving your opinions on everyone.

The game is “like retail” (it’s not) because the player base is 2022 gamers, not 2007 gamers or whatever. Trying to squeeze out all but the most nostalgia-obsessed players will kill the game more so than anything else players are doing.

Its now Wrath Reforged and Blizzard doesn’t deserve a dime of our money anymore.

And reddit, and youtube, and looking for group, and trade chat, and twitch, and wowhead

#NoChanges never was on the table at any point in time.

It was stated by Blizzard blue post before Classic launch.

Even if it was ‘stated’, it’s meaningless to place such stock in a statement when their actions, even before Launch, such as the announced start patch are far more telling. It was never happening and they admitted as much.

Few people were around long enough to even know or care what classic servers were “supposed” to be. It was first sold as Blizzard saying they would re-create THE experience (overall), not an experience that we got with 1.12.

There was huge discussion around re-tuning, early hard mode AV, pre-nerf scholo/strath/UBRS, etc. People didn’t mind scholo/strath taking 2 and a half hours, or wiping on the 3rd trash pack and having to GG the run because of a 10-15 respawn timer.

Private server fan boys argued for 1.12 because they wanted the easy mode experience. And when 1.12 was announced, they rejoiced. So no changes changed from the overall experience to the 1.12 experience.

And along the way from 1.12 onwards, people abused “no changes” as a catch all to support what they wanted - even if went against the “spirit of Vanilla”. Get rid of world Buffs? No changes.
Re-tuning? No changes. And so forth.

So really, what classic servers were “supposed” to be is different than as you stated you wanted “playing the game as it was then”. You sad both in the same post, and i’m just pointing out they are contradictory. The former implies the experience that blizzard stated they wanted to re-create. This would technically add changes, but the experience would be replicated. The latter implies that they’ll get you the binary byte code experience, and the player base would be able to abuse it to their hearts content - however, the experience would be totally different.

99% of the the players want to abuse the byte code. They don’t actually want the OVERALL experience that was Vanilla, TBC, or Wrath because frankly, it’s too much time. So if that’s what you (people) want, they need to live with the fact that abusing the byte code and letting the player base do creative things with it will give rise to a whole new play style. Thus a whole new game.

Either way, if people think of Classic and the OG versions as 2 different games, there would be a lot less disappointment.

Anybody remember the hated susanexpress? They don’t seem so bad compared to every twitch streamer selling infinite things

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.