Blizzard has strayed so far from what these classic servers were suppose to be

I just wish they added more content instead of changing or removing things lol.

3 Likes

It doesn’t upset me persay. Just little changes every now and again begin to change the game. My whole point here is change is change which goes against what we were promised when they announced these servers.

It was never a 100% recreation. You haven’t been here since launch of you believe this. Even launch vanilla had #SomeChanges

Yep

GDKPs originated in 2005 whether I like them or not it is facts.

There is far less boosting than before and now it is a reportable offense.

1 Like

The level of changing is and always was going to accelerate going into wrath, for better or worse. As someone who did play vanilla, and played on Nostalrius and originally wanted No changes, I had to compromise about specific things because boosters and gold sellers were ruining the game, or certain things didn’t make sense in the current game environment e.g seal of blood.

Having said that, many changes were/are absolute trash. Boosting made things worse, HvH made things worse, megaservers made things worse. Every time blizzard intervened it seemed to create more issues, and whenever they tried to address those issues they just made things worse.

2 Likes

obviously #nochanges didnt really work out. #nochanges changed to #somechanges super quickly.

1 Like

I can see the point was missed on you too. It’s not about the changes directly. It’s about it going against what was promised and what these servers were suppose to be about. Doesn’t matter how small the changes are. Doesn’t matter if it’s a good change or bad one. Change is change. The more changes that get made means we stray further and further away from what the community wanted from the beginning and was Blizzard promised us. Given enough change and we might as well be playing retail. Eventually, it adds up.

Yea if you were to ask the forums. I’m game nobody cares and most classic players and against RDF. Only places it’s even being talked about is the forums and PTR.

2 Likes

You also said “This is not a crying post” and then cried… A LOT.

Please show me where?

would u say that this thread strayed far away from what it was supposed to be?

1 Like

People have different view points on what these servers are supposed to be about. The fact that it’s even subjective means that the “original vision” was never fully established. Blizzard started off with #nochanges, but it wasn’t working and it shifted to #somechanges.

I don’t think most people want this to be a strict #nochanges recreation. It’s more healthy that blizzard has some sort of awareness of what goes in in the game.

1 Like

Not at all. This was only ever meant to be a discussion. This is exactly what I wanted actually. Doesn’t matter if those who reply, agree or disagree.

You aren’t playing Classic WoW. Everything after Classic Era Phase 6 is retail progression servers.

2 Likes

How does one have a different view point of what the servers were suppose to be when we were ALL promised the exact same thing.

Sure changes are healthy for a game, and I agree there. Some of these changes has been healthy for the game and for me personally were welcomed changes however still went directly against what was promised and what the community hoped and expected from these servers. Also let’s not pretend that quite a few of these changes actually were only band-aid fixes that then opened up new issues.

This is absolutely not true and I have no idea why you would lie about this, Illidan was 99% Horde back in Wrath and had tens of thousands of players. Servers balance has always been an issue and they still haven’t fixed it. The reasons there was so many servers back then is because there were so many players back then.

Boosting is another thing that always existed. I clearly remember helping people level for gold, and also boosting in arena for gold. GDKPs also existed back then. Sure a lot of this stuff has become more wide-spread, but saying it never would’ve been allowed is just silly.

Additional EXP and loot bags were added in Cataclysm. Badges were given by the NPCs outside of the Violet Hold, just like the badge quests in Lower City.

They had a faction cap. Even if they had thousands of players it had a cap, something current servers lack.

As for boosting, while, to my memory on my server, boosting was not a thing. Nor were GDKP’s.

As for additional exp/badges etc for RDF; okay so that point is wrong, I got my expansion wrong. Still doesn’t really take away from the main point of that statement which was a focus on that RDF was a thing that is now not a thing.

They won’t do that.

They were pretty adamant upfront about not straying from the story that was already laid out.

They said something to the effect that they “didn’t want to distract people from the Retail storyline and confuse people as to which was the “correct” one”.

Aside from that, even if they did, could you imagine the uproar over NEW content? People are up in arms over the changes they’ve already made, people would blow a gasket if they decided to change the story somehow.

What we’re you promised? When I think of classic servers, and in this case, classic WotLK, I just think of a server thats progressing on WotLK. If they want to add in retail QoL like transmog, or account wide mounts/pets, then thats fine. I just want to prog at level 80 and fight level 80 content with the toolkits available to people at the time.

Everything else doesn’t matter. They can add RDF, LFR, or any other features they want. It doesn’t matter to me because its not what I’m here for.

If they promised you a Classic experience with #nochanges, that shipped sailed a long time ago. People want #somechanges, and that’s why we are here.

No changes was promised for Classic vanilla only.
Tbc and wotlk are going under Some changes.

Wowhobbs did not make many popular videos and help popularize the idea of prot paladins soloing scarlet monestary with a group of lowbies in tow to be disrespected like this.

GDKPs were a thing but they were very uncommon until ICC where they started exploding in popularity due to the ease of the first wing and the power of the gear you could get (mostly DBW).

1 Like