Blizzard Has Not Lied To Anybody

***But these covenant systems are thoroughly intertwined: Covenant abilities are often modified by covenant-specific conduits and soulbinds; most of those soulbinds in turn are unlocked through covenant-specific narrative campaigns. Granting access to one of these without the others would lead to an incomplete or confusing result. In short, pulling on that thread (or cord, as it were) would unravel the entire fabric of the system. Even so, we would embrace the work required to rebuild the covenant system along those lines if we agreed that it would be an improvement, but we ultimately do not share that view.

That seems pretty clear to me. There is/was a Plan B.

Even so, we would embrace the work required to rebuild the covenant system along those lines if we agreed that it would be an improvement, but we ultimately do not share that view.

That is it right there. Pretty clear to me that Blizzard have not lied to anybody. They just made a choice thst some don’t like, and now they feel a need to make up an anti Blizzard narrative that is false.

[Post edited by Forum Moderator to remove masked obscene language and toxicity.]

40 Likes

Many people always think any new idea/patch/expansion is the worst thing ever. This is just another outrage topic that will blow over soon and a new topic of bashing Blizzard/WoW will appear and this will be forgotten about. Many folks look for reasons to be angry and rage, most “content creators” know this. Which is why so many of them direct their “content” towards outrage topics. They all know that outrage topics get the most views.

It’s insane to me to think that it’s so trendy to constantly bash the developers of a game that people refuse to stop playing.

22 Likes

Every time something changes in the slightest, people come screaming on the forums that “Blizzard lied!!”

9 Likes

WElcome to GD. Enjoy your stay.

BTW, who’s been saying this? Let me guess the timbo thread?

5 Likes

Some people only know how to complain, others know how to have fun and appreciate what’s handed to them.

4 Likes

Azerite gear is the thing that irked me the most out of any xpac system.

That replaced tier???

2 Likes

Most people don’t care/are happy with SL as it currently looks. The remaining few would be upset no matter what Blizzard did. Do you honestly think the complaining would stop if they caved and #pulledtheripcord? Of course not. A new topic of wrath would spring up immediately afterward. That’s why I appreciate Blizzard not pulling said ripcord; you can’t please everyone and it isn’t worth your time to try.

7 Likes

They earned +100 respect points for sticking to their guns this time. I hope this is a new trend for them. :muscle:

9 Likes

This is what we all like seeing isn’t it?

“We know our pride was the downfall of bfa, and the systems we were told were bad were bad. We know we ended up fixing them the way the players suggested we fix them. So now, instead of listening to the players, who we have established know very well what they are talking about, we are blindly going to let our pride win again, then fix covenants the way the players have told us to fix them a year later”.

Just makes me so confident they are doing the right thing.

24 Likes

You know as well as anyone else that there hasn’t been many changes to the game that players have accepted and haven’t raged about since the dawn of the game.

You guys can’t expect the game to never change, and if players really want that then classic is waiting on them.

1 Like

There was a restraunt in my town that decided to start using inferior products to cook with. Alot of the “homemade” items started being cooked in a microwave and things like that. I told them i was displeased and I stopped going there.
What i didn’t do was go there and throw them my money everyday while i told them how much I hated their food.
Seem familiar to some people here in GD?

8 Likes

Yes mum. Don’t send me to the naughty corner. I will be good, pwomise.

Just to clarify, most of us aren’t saying they lied. Most of us just don’t happen to like the way the whole Covenant/soulbind/conduit system seems to work and how unbalanced it appears to be - yet another tacked on system for one expansion that looks like a stiff breeze would blow it over.

So, no, not saying they lied. At least, I’m not, and I don’t try to speak for everyone.

3 Likes

You did the right thing. If you were not happy with the product you took your business elsewhere.

Not really, no. A number of the people in GD have been negative for years about WoW. There are a number who have complained about BfA from day 1 of the expansion. Day after day they go on and on about horrible the game is and how sorry Blizzard is. If they are that unhappy they should do like you did and take their business elsewhere.

Taking business elsewhere is the only way to force change anyway. If you keep throwing your money at a company then obviously their product is still good enough to keep spending your time, energy, and money on.

The overall community would be better off without some of the extreme negativity some of these individuals bring.

4 Likes

General Discussion, this section of the forum.

As i understand it… to pull the ripcord is a reference to something done abruptly

“Is there the fallback option at the end of the day of: removing all the restrictions? and okay, you can just mix and match and you can switch this stuff much more freely? If we need to pull that ripcord, IT EXISTS” (said by Ion to Preach during an interview) we assumed they have a system in place that they can switch to QUICKLY if their original system doesn’t work…

“In short, pulling on that thread (or cord, as it were) would unravel the entire fabric of the system.”
if the fix requires a FULL rebuild… does that sound like a ripcord?
no… no it doesnt…

hence the lie, there was never a ripcord… no system ever EXISTED as a fallback

8 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t have enough respect for us to lie.

1 Like

Respect is something that is earned, not just handed out.

2 Likes

they dont respect us, they respect our money… so they will lie
basically advertising… the whole expectations vs reality meme

1 Like

I’m just saying blizz looks down at its player base. But i’m glad the voice of the silent majority could chip in.

1 Like

If you truly feel that way then why do you keep spending your time, energy, and money on them and supporting them? I wouldn’t do that. I don’t go to Starbucks anymore based on their company beliefs and wouldn’t consider spending a dime there, even though I used to really like their coffee.