Blizzard, give us official rules and guidelines for AV

I remember a time when I could fish in AB, but has since been fixed leaving me nothing to do while defending.

I’m pretty sure there have been no fish in AV for a while too…

People have been abusing the automated report function to ban people they don’t want in their AV and Blizzard’s pretending it’s not automated when it absolutely is and now Blizzard’s upset that after being caught in so many lies that no one believes them anymore.

The problem is that as long as there’s a greater incentive to play as many BG’s as possible, people will understand intrinsically that it’s better to lose fast than to win slow.

How do you tell the difference between someone who’s blatantly AFK and someone like me who’s actively protecting and re-capping flags? If I’m dispatching a single rogue it’s not going to be much in terms of performance but someone still needs to do it. Blizzard’s basically saying that playing the game correctly to try and win is a bannable offense because they can’t be bothered to tell the difference between that and someone who’s AFK.

I know it’s classic AV people are getting banned on, but on retail AV, GYs are hugely important. I’ve basically solo won the entire thing by camping SHGY and ensuring it doesn’t get back capped. SHGY is by far the most important objective in all of AV.

If I did that on classic, I would have probably been one of those who got banned…

1 Like

All of the AV issues make it sound like Blizzard doesn’t want the battles to go on for 12+ hours like they used to, back when the BG was the most fun IMO. All of the side objectives like summoning the druids, Ivus (and interrupting the other faction), long fights in the middle area and the back and forth turtles from one factions base to the other made the place unique. I get the impression that the new goal is a zerg like the retail version.