Blizzard future gender pronoun customization

Stop being hateful against a religion. Try applying this to any other religion, or more specifically “the religion of peace” and see how well that goes.

2 Likes

Yeah they’re totally infallible and never make mistakes right?

Nothing I said was against the CoC, and you can’t prove it because they decided to censor how nouns get written in the german language for some reason. So stop trying to act like an authority figure when you obviously lack all the critical information to make a proper judgment.

2 Likes

Except it’s not. Sie, in german… is used as a gender neutral pronoun. And as a plural. AND worse yet, the female pronoun. Yet suddenly the world magically continues to spin and people aren’t confused because sentences contain more than one word in them. And alongside sentences are other sentences. There is this mythical thing called “context” that lets you figure out what it’s referring to.

We have it much easier. We can use him, her, and they. And then also use they for a group. People use them/they as singular nouns all the time and it’s not ever going to go away. No use fighting it.

2 Likes

Yes clearly that’s what I meant :roll_eyes:

Clearly not as the Blizzard mods removed it. Maybe you DO need to reread the CoC because it looks like you don’t know why you got it removed.

you’ll never be

1 Like

Using a grammatical element from German to argue that English should do the same is not exactly rigorous.

There are languages, many languages, where gender is so built into them that making changes would radically distort them, yet I haven’t used that argument in my posts.

The same generation that so misused “literally” that descriptive dictionaries had to add it as an antonym to itself.

Your own argument fails on one important point: “Sie, in german… is used as a gender neutral pronoun. And as a plural. AND worse yet, the female pronoun.”

Apparently (and I’m taking your word for this, I don’t know German well enough to have an informed opinion on it), this is how German works with that word. It’s established.

‘They’ is a plural, 3rd-person pronoun. The conjugation of verbs that go with it are built around that.

I mentioned that if the consensus to use it included “They is going to the store” when ‘They’ is singular, I’d have less trouble with it, but - and here’s the big ‘but’ - a fairly comprehensive list of alternatives already existed before the very recent push to refer to non-binary folks, outside of addressing them directly, as “they” as individuals.

It’s unnecessary and viable, previously established alternatives exist.

Again, I’m not being hateful. I’m not being exclusionary. And I’m not fighting against non-binary pronouns.

Let’s just not screw up the language doing it.

2 Likes

I really don’t care about this myself.

If people want this, I am happy they get the option for it. This is not going to break anything for me.

Just like I don’t expect people to call me what I want to be called. If I believe what you believe. So if this is something simple that makes certain people happy. More power to you.

While I do think LGTBQ has a right to go to war with certain religion. I don’t think that belongs in the game. Just like said religion does not need to be mention in the game.

Pronouns are so boring. Verbs are where the actions at!

1 Like

I identify as a airplane

4 Likes

“They” and “Them” Are well established in the language as singular pronouns.

Hence “Where did Pawzer go?” “They went to the beach”

Proceeds to structure sentences properly.

Which makes this even more ironic.

You’re the only one taking a step back in language, honestly.

Wrong again, wht a surprise.

You haven’t been helping your own case with your structuring and typing, which is ironic.

It’s not, sorry the English language confuses you.

You going to claim typos for all of your post, including the arrow pointer and one word snetences?

It does, actually. You wouldn’t know because you never read it.

1 Like

Hilarious and original. NOT

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I would like to addressed as My Queen or Your Majesty

1 Like

I’ll stop as soon as you stop posting hateful posts…like I said before…you’re the one that needs medical help for a the hate you have coming out of your mouth.

1 Like

Wrong again. Never once posted anything hateful. But unfortunately You won’t stop because you enjoy trolling and clearly are bigoted.

Virtually everything you said in that ridiculous post is wrong.

Simply pulling out snippet after snippet of my post and saying “Wrong” doesn’t make you right.

Example: He/she/they are NEVER used to address someone directly (at least not correctly).

It’s not possible to misgender someone directly using the wrong pronouns (unless you’re misusing pronouns to begin with - something I don’t discount in your case).

As to the “one word sentences” you seem to be so offended by, implied elements of sentences in informal writing is a thing. If this were a scholarly paper, I wouldn’t do it. This is literally a “discussion” board - informal and conversational.

Joe: “Have you seen Bob?”
Larry: “No <, I have not.>”

Sue: “What are you eating?”
Jane: “<I am eating> tofu.”

Understand, I’m not arguing against having a multitude of pronouns to address the very legitimate needs of the non-binary.

I’m arguing that we already HAVE them. But they existed prior to the post-millennial generation and thus have been summarily rejected (or were never researched) prior to the adoption of misusing the plural, third-person pronoun as a singular, third-person pronoun.

1 Like

Jimmy would like that (00:20) …

1 Like

I wish I could mute every one of your posts. For real, keep it up this game will be non existent.

1 Like

“Where’d they go?” Can be answered many ways. He, she, or they can apply to the response.

You can, people do so unintentionally and intentionally all the time hence the talk about it.

I mean, wouldn’t that make all the posts you’ve responded to for ‘not writing properly’ is just you being offended for no reason… Plus all your chat here is being offended over/for the English language for some reason? :3

I don’t get why people are going grammar gestapo. Times change. Language changes. Get over it.

1 Like