Blizzard doesn't read forums

I’ve made numerous posts about people pre-selling raid loot. I’ve written multiple tickets about being solicitiled for and observing the open activity of selling an item that may drop from a boss. I’ve been repeatedly informed that I can submit feedback (which gets ignored) or make a post on the forums (which also gets ignored). All I ask is open dialogue with someone who actually works for the company to explain in non-legalese what the rule is for selling raid loot. We know it can’t be auctioned off to the highest bidder in a fair and equitable manner which affords all raid members a reward for attending the raid. We also know that one can pre-sell a item that hasn’t even dropped yet forcing all other raid members to accept a deluge of reserves on all other loot and creating an abusive environment to pugs, newer players, and alts. We know this because blizzard has been shockingly silent toward the act of selling a HR run in lfg chat and lfg tools. What I want to know is: why is it legal to sell the loot, but not to share the proceeds? I want to know if the rules for selling loot have changed, and if so will I be disciplined for engaging in this same activity? What I don’t want, or care about at all is the opinions of other players on this subject. The playerbase outside of the hardcore streamers (that are mostly not even playing the game now) is overwhelmingly in support of allowing gdkp. I want an official word with bullet points for scenarios on what is acceptable, and why, for the practice of selling raid loot.

3 Likes

Sadly, I don’t even think they care about that. It seems to be as little communication as possible with the players is their M.O. I can’t wait to not play classic +.

Here’s one post that’s somewhat related (I know you’re talking about pre-selling, rather than selling for gold after having won an item, so that’s a bit different, and if someone else can find another blue post, they can link it pls).

:woman_shrugging:

I’ve seen people link that before, and it’s a misunderstanding of the situation that is occurring. It’s also an obtuse reduction of the activities by blizzard staff. Raid members aren’t selling loot that they’re winning. The raid is being set up by the same people that would have otherwise run GDKP raids. The raid is formed under the expectation that one raid member will pay the raid leader a set gold value for the drop of a coveted loot item. Typically I’ve see between 5,000 and 10,000 gold for the delivery of a DST for example. The difference between these runs and GDKP is that at least in GDKP, the profits are shared by the people that join the raid instead of just being stiffed, and the raid leader keeps all the gold. In some cases they’re offering a small portion of the sale of the item as a “raffle” instead of an even split after an auction. At the very least, allowing these “ticket” runs is infinitely more abusive than GDKP ever was. This behavior is also occurring with belt of 100d, solarian’s wand, the quest item from KT. It’s gotten to the point where you can’t even join a pug that gives you a chance at these items because they’re all pre-sold and the raid leader keeps all the gold.

All good points, for sure.
It sounds like you haven’t been privy to how modern blizz does things, which is exactly your grievance. It will not change :frowning:

I don’t care about saying you’re selling DST for 1000g bid in the raid note. None of my chars would use a DST, but if I did have a Warr, I’d probably just buy it there lol

What I DO NOT LIKE, is people not putting any loot rules in their raid note, or putting ‘# SR’, joining raid, asking loot rules, being told “# SR”, then when we’re 20+ they say “Head is HR, pick something else”, and deal with people leaving.
You falsely built a raid fast as possible, got people making this raid look legitimate, full, pull soon, then after 20+ and a bunch of ppl leave, everyone’s waiting around longer, and people could have found an actually legitimate group in that time.
Absolute loser energy, I leave those. Some druid named Wayne has done this twice, which suggests to me, that’s just what he does.

Legitimately though. Changing loot rules mid raid will undoubtedly result in your name, and guild finding their way onto my ignore list. I get it that Blizzard doesn’t care. That’s the point of this thread. My problems aren’t being listened to by the AI that is running things t Blizzard. What I’m hoping for is to get enough attention drawn to it to actually have the AI trip a switch to let someone working at Blizzard know that it’s a problem. It’s incredibly unfortunate that I have to raise this much of a stink for a game I’m paying a sub to play.

1 Like

DST is ok… but you should stack Attack Power trinkets (broken)

That is allowed unless done with any currency not in that current game mode. But it is very slimy for them to do that and not tell you that that loot was already bought out until after it drops and you don’t get it cuz you didn’t pay for it. Not breaking any rules by doing that so stop spamming them with tickets. .

Uhh, no. I’ll keep spamming with tickets until THEY tell me to stop.