Blizzard did a pretty good job

Some people say “Blizzard is bad” or “Blizzard made a mistake”. But what they really mean (the facts) is that “Blizzard is not perfect” and “Blizzard cannot predict the future”. Which are 100% true.

But we knew that. No human is perfect, or can predict the future. If you only play perfect games made by perfect companies, don’t waste your time here. Go search for that “perfect game”.

“Server faction balance” is not a problem. What is a problem is “local faction balance” – Horde near my level, in the place I want to go. How can Blizzard force other players to go (or not go) to one place?

Everything you hoped it would be?
You hoped for mega servers random bugs random changes after they state they wouldn’t make changes and the hyper faction imbalance on 3/4 of the servers?
Do I mention the overwhelmingly easier world with the patch 1.12 talents and nerfs

Can’t imagine you hoped for ALL of that

P.S. I like classic and did expect some issues but to say it’s everything I hoped… no

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

Yeah, that’s what I said. See here’s the thing people like you don’t understand. I don’t expect perfection in a 15 year old game. Classic was buggy as hell, and had all sorts of issues.

I wanted a community of people I saw every day. I wanted friends I could hang with. I wanted enemies I could scrap with. I found both.

Let’s be real. There’s nothing Blizzard could have released that would have made you happy. No matter what they did people would have been pissed.

If they didn’t have mega-servers then 90% of servers would be a ghost town in six months, just like vanilla. I remember Maelstrom dying, and seeing literally no one in Org.

That led to some unintended consequences. People abused layering. How did I respond to that? I moved to a server that only had one layer, and I found a community to be a part of.

No matter what Blizzard does we’ve got a crowd of people who will REEEEEEEE. You will always find something to be unhappy about. Hey man, that’s cool, you do you.

But telling me that I’m wrong about my own opinion? That takes some serious balls.

Yes, Classic is everything I hoped it would be, warts and all.

1 Like

They made a game so good that even all these people who hate it continue to play it.

1 Like

I’m really happy with it and am enjoying playing at my own pace knowing that the end point won’t be moving any time soon. Classic isn’t Vanilla and it’s not perfect, but it’s more than good enough for me.

“Medium” is an ever changing scale.

Those labels are based on the most populated realm. If that realm lowers then each realm adjust its label accordingly.

So Blizzard’s statement about Medium realms are larger than vanilla is outdated.

Anyone who thinks Blizzard did a good job never played on a private server. They somehow did a worse job than unemployed Russians with a budget a million times bigger.

1 Like

It is too bad they do not follow a similar model and open source parts of the game client, with exceptions for security/intellectual property concerns, and let subscribers apply to fix bugs and submit the changes.

Naturally someone at blizzard would have to review the submissions and reject any that did not meet standards, both in quality and coding, and create an team equivalent to the MVP program to kill the bugs.

Just a random thought but I know I would apply. It might be more fun than playing the game but then hunting and fixing bugs was always my favorite part of coding.