Blizzard did a pretty good job

Meh.

It’s an OK thing that will be good to revisit now and again, but it isn’t great, and the community doesn’t help that.

It’s OK for a side-game or 2nd (or 3rd) MMORPG. But it really isn’t worth spending a ton of time on at the moment.

My main server is still packed 24/7 in fact its increased with every major city having hundreds of players on them. Plud every zone and every town in that zone having players.

1 Like

lol was really hoping for a first reply like this

eso my dude wow is nothing compared to it.

The whole point of having layering was the expectation that there would be many short-term tourists. While server populations are still high, relative to original Vanilla servers, the goal was to have long-term population health.

As Classic marches on, more people will leave but it’s nice to know that we should still have enough people remaining to make individual servers survive.

Surviving isn’t worth it if the experience is bad along the way. It just means you provide a poor service until eventually its low enough to be decent. Except it’s been poor so long that too many people have already given up, and the hemorrhaging doesn’t stop like it should. It instead accelerates.

2 Likes

Fun, now picture that with 4 layers and a que.

The population has dropped. Even on the big realms.

I guess experience varies. :slight_smile:

If people want to quit now and never return, well… whatever. Those that are enjoying it now will continue to enjoy it in the long-term.

I’d rather be overpopulated initially with good long-term populations, rather than having Vanilla populations with dead servers long-term.

2 Likes

As Blizzard and everyone expected.

I agree OP. I jumped in and it was friendly and great for about 2 months. But it has shifted to more toxicity and elitism over anything already and I’m over it.

Blizz hit my nostalgia bone pretty good with Classic and honestly I would stick around if BC was on the horizon. But as time has gone on, many casual, friendly players have either quit or are just taking a break and the majority (from what I’ve seen) are now all about toxicity, metas, and elitism.

My opinions and reasoning: Blizzard has exacerbated this with the PvP issues so really only PvE servers are playable for minority faction players at the moment. They’ve failed at server transfers. They’re releasing things far too quickly and pandering to the tryhards. Server size is too much and low pop servers aren’t an alternative because they’re basically ghost towns. Note again I’ve said these are my opinions. Doesn’t mean these things are objectively bad, I’m sure people have and are enjoying them, they just lower my desire to play to the point where I’ve unsubbed.

I’m sure I’ll resub for some PvP fun when it’s stabilized and whenever BC rolls around, but for now FFXIV and Halo: Reach on PC have my attention when it releases in 2 hours.

2 Likes

Not everyone, that poster a little ways up there had different expectations. You know, exactl replication of vanilla.

“Ghost towns” = servers with Vanilla populations.

LOL.

2 Likes

blizzard did a bad job.

only 2 things lead to the “success” of classic. the desperate playerbase, and the official server status. as a private server classic would have been dead 3 months ago.

classic’s still a good mmo, but had they handled it properly it would have been the next WoW, so ultimately they failed it.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s been great. Hadn’t played the game in a decade and am now spending most of my free time on it. Man when I see people with 60s complaining about how the whole thing sucks… if you are spending days and days of your life on a hobby you don’t even like, get help.

2 Likes

Yawn, of course you’d find a problem with something in my opinion section.

Regardless, 600-800 people active at a time per faction is not vanilla population. 2-3k is vanilla population.

LOL right back at ya since you couldn’t be bothered to look it up.

Yep, same here. Glad they didn’t add too many servers.

3 Likes

What did Blizzard say about “Medium” populations? That this represented the fullest Vanilla realm, or something even a bit higher than that?

And I don’t think there are any “Low” realms.

Any third party realm population metrics out there are not accurate (many have pointed that out). I play on two realms myself (one is a “medium” population server - Deviate Delight). It’s definitely not a ghost town.

Your complaint that there aren’t appropriate populated servers is just baloney. Sorry that no realms hit that super tiny “sweet spot” for you.

1 Like

I’m happy with Classic.

I’d frankly forgotten how much things had changed.

Mhmm, whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night since you felt compelled to come argue a point you have no experience with on the internet. Considering you said you don’t play on one, your perspective on it doesn’t matter. Go level a character to 40 on one of those servers, then come back. Until then, your opinion on it has no merit.

Basically, you’re saying that Blizzard is being dishonest with their realm population categorization.

Hey, not trying to convince you to keep your sub if you’re not happy. I’m happy and do sleep well at night. :slight_smile: