Blizzard CS Twitter No Longer Accessible

If a Blizzard player is not logged into Twitter or doesn’t have a Twitter account, they can no longer see @blizzardCS tweets, which have been the main source of CS announcements for the last several years.

This is deliberate on Twitter’s part, but Blizzard needs to respond, or else they are cutting off a portion of their player base from realtime information about the state of games and services.

https://techcrunch.com/2023/06/30/twitter-now-requires-an-account-to-view-tweets/

5 Likes

There aware of it but theres not realy much that can be done thankfully the forums and launcher tend to stay uptodate.

5 Likes

Mind you, this was just in the OT thread, but I’d put my money in that the Powers That Be are aware and hopefully we’ll hear some official word or changes in the days to come.

Source

The timing is poor, between it being the weekend and the 4th of July holiday state-side is also likely to play a part in folks being off and all of that. But hopefully we’ll see something official posted once they figure out a game plan.

10 Likes

It’s because Elon Musk has decided you have to have a Twitter account to see anything now. He claims AI And other data gatherers are “killing” the service so this was his nuclear option.

He also basically is trying for more “verified” (known as “paid users”) Tweeters, because he lost a few billion on this deal so the ones that pay can see more.

4 Likes

Twitter was never a good vehicle for official Blizzard community communications, but at least it was open and reliable. Now it’s not.

Blizzard needs to find an answer and make it work. The forums would actually be a good idea, if they made a habit of posting announcements as quickly as they used to tweet.

4 Likes

Oh, I’m aware of all of that. I was just popping in to show that there was a brief bit of conversation between one of our SFAs and the folks who hang out in the CS off-topic thread - so it was something that was getting around. I know Vrak isn’t one of the Devs or those folks who make those decisions, but he’s pretty on top of sharing things that he can, when he can.

1 Like

Twitter was an outstanding vehicle for the communications…

Correct. As it stands, it has lost its value to Blizzard and their customers.

Give them time. It happened yesterday, as most of the decision makers are out for a holiday weekend. Being demanding in here is not going to make it happen any faster.

3 Likes

Posting in Customer Support isn’t going to have any suggestions seen by anyone involved in the decision-making.

The forums aren’t the best idea. The whole benefit of Twitter was that it wasn’t the website. It was accessible when the website wasn’t. If players are having issues posting to the website, so are the Blizzard employees. How does Blizzard get messages out then?

Similar issues with the launcher. The launcher needs to be able to access Blizzard to update information like server outages.

6 Likes

Right now I am on my HM Rogue who is getting rubberbanded from the Plains too the Span…7 times so far I have been rubberbanded…makek that 8 times now…I can’t even log out I tried it doesn’t count down…can’t see any NPC’s …just bldgs…

You better off starting a new thread or joining one of the other threads there a ongoing issue affecting certain aspectvof the game.

4 Likes