Blizzard, changes need to happen in Shadowlands

I am done debating you. I said my point stance. When you started assuming, that is when I started to not care… I accept that, but we are just going in circles. We can’t see eye to eye on a issue because we don’t see the same problem.

I told you what I think the problem is. You don’t agree. that is that

I get it, you’re compassionate for people who are oppressed by the hierarchal system that players impose on other players by declining them from groups or taking more qualified players.

Unfortunately your take on the issue is a bad one, and your solutions are even worse. That’s without any bad faith towards you, your arguments are just plain insufficient and won’t fix anything.

There is a difference between what you think and what you know is a problem.

I offered to not change the current IO/Group Finder climate in favor of adding more power to guilds, which you did not have any contention over. So I think I made my point and you subconsciously agree with me.

Gonna have to bookmark this.

See again you are assuming. I just don’t have time for that.

Your perspective on what a problem is and mine are not the same. I’m not saying either of us are right, but when you started assuming. That is when the debate became pointless.

Then clarify your position so I can understand where you’re coming from. Pouting and stamping your feet about it doesn’t help anyone. I articulated my points clearly enough (I think) and if I didn’t, I expanded on it.

I think you should offer me the same respect in that regard.

Ok my position? I don’t like this community at all what it is and has become, and what it has done to other mmos.

My stance is forcing Blizzard to make the community change, by making it harder for players to pug, and force them to be more social in guilds.

In other mmorpgs, Item levels is mostly what you have to go by, and pugging players understood the risk, and people are way more social, but wow has changed a part of the mmorpg community, so the mindset of the players here they go to other mmos and bring that very same thing, causing a rot in community of mmos.

Wow is not a social element mmo, and how the community acts caused a ripple into other games. I want Blizzard to take a stance, and add more risks for pugging. Make it harder for players to do tough content, without being social.

There’s a lot of good ones

turns out he doesn’t like RNG damage either, even though he’s been campaigning for all these “non-skill DPS increases” the last few days since Ion brought it up

(who he also has made threads and threads about slandering him, though now he loves him)

his post history really is a trip.

I would quote it at him but he has me on ignore.

:+1:

:+1:

Item levels are already the primary method of inviting players, especially in lower keys and raids. I know this because I’m guilty of this myself when running my own keys on my 435 priest alt and generally when I go to any key below +10 or in a normal raid, I get invited instantly at ilvl 47-something.

I can give you an anecdotal example right now of the risk I took in inviting a 470 Fire Mage into my +4 workshop group.

This Fire Mage had all the right corruptions, talents, azerite traits, essences, the works. The problem was he was pulling 20k dps the entire dungeon. When I asked why he was doing so low DPS as a fire mage and a complete perfect build, he said, “I just choose what my friends tell me to get.” literally in those words. So of course there’s always risks to inviting a high item level person already.

Raider IO is necessary for keys above +12 because the difficulty simply outweighs mere item level. Dungeon Knowledge, Class Understanding, Trash Mob % routes come into play at an extreme level.

This isn’t the fault of players, this is the fault of Blizzard making content too hard. They have the tools to help alleviate that problem with inviting players who know how to tackle these difficult dungeons. Even if you limit addon display information, you will have Blizzard’s own websites to use still.

It’s not just a mindset of WoW players, it’s the mindset of gamers in general. Everyone wants that e-sport aspect in every game, because mostly e-sports dominate the market. Just look at Valorant, Overwatch, Starcraft 2, Call of Duty, etc.

If MMORPGs dominated the market like they did back in the day, we wouldn’t have this problem.

:+1: But the social element is not as large as it was back then.

As I’ve stated before, this already happens in lower end content.

People wont be forced to play your way, they just wont play at all.

I mean that might be true but that sample size is small. It is hard to say, but with the covenant system being this big of a uproar, and that players are threaten to not invite people to groups blah blah, and Blizzard weird stance that they don’t think the community will do that, I’m not sure at all on that.

And I would disagree about the gamers changing in that sense. Yes gamers always change, but when how wow treats grouping, people going into other mmos thinking it is the normal, and how they treat people. I think that is the problem.

and i’m ok with that. That is not a lose for me with what I want.

It’s all a cascading disaster.

First it’s players playing WoW because it’s the popular game and it was genuinely fun to play, then it was them going to e-sport games in the modern day because the market changed.

For so long this happens, and they return to WoW, find that it’s a terrible game overloaded with systems the only redeeming factor is the familiarity of e-sport aspects with PvP and IO score and Mythic+.

Then they go to other MMORPGs to get the complete fix that they’re looking for, before going back to e-sport games.

1 Like

IMO this is why the game sucks.

It’s not a “game” anymore, it’s almost a business. You can’t “play” with friends anymore, it’s all a matter of meta and SimCraft and holier-than-thou everywhere…

1 Like

You must certainly can.

Just play on a RP realm :>

Umm… Vanilla and Burning Crusade would have words with you.

More like society is less social then it used to be

I don’t think Ralph is going to respond to either one of us .

I think we made his ignore list

Something tells me anyone that quotes those posts from two months ago will be making the ignore list. Can’t be reminded that he was a tryhard that min/maxed and excluded people from his groups that didnt! Or his criticisms of ion, of borrowed power, or of RNG damage. All things he is celebrating now

You know :panda_face: is probably channeling his inner MC Hammer and going

This is the way we troll we troll this is the way we troll I’m trollin