Blizzard Changed How Reports Work

A few concerns. The inability to report for gameplay sabotage, particularly if you can only right-click their name in chat. I.e., you were kicked from a raid on the last boss of a lockout

And, the lack of support for reporting addon text OR harassment. Historically, Blizzard has ALWAYS said to open a ticket to report addon text or ongoing harassment. The last couple times I did so, Blizzard employees basically told me to go pound sand and force-closed my ticket.

I understand you guys have fired all your support employees at the expense of players, so I guess I’m not surprised. But I am disappointed. So what am I supposed to do now if someone is actively harassing me in-game, even on /ignore?

They haven’t.

As for the rest of your post, being kicked from a group is not considered harassment and can’t be reported as such. Not is it Gameplay Sabotage. Sorry.

While it’s a jerk move, folks can be removed from a group for any number of reasons.

Yeah, didn’t happen. Now, you may have gotten a templated response, while thanking you for the report, that you should really use the right-click and report to report these inappropriate TRPs and such. But I will bet my account that there wasn’t the slightest mention to go pound sand.

Unfortunately, I and others have run into that kind of irritating template a time or two in the past. It’s always best to report in game, but sometimes it doesn’t allow for it.

I can assure you, they have not. There have been times where there have been unfortunate staff cuts, but then they hired back even more than what existed before after some of the layoffs. There hasn’t been a sizable purge in several years with impacts to the CS team.

The CS staff covers all of Blizzard’s games - not just WoW.

Report them each and every time they circumvent that ignore. Start a ticket under “Ongoing Harassment.” Add to it whenever they break the rules. Just be sure that you are not responding to them for any reason at all. If you do, that comes off as consensual communications and it lessens the gravitas of what they’re doing to you. You can do that here at this link:

Note that if you are no longer able to reopen or respond to a previous harassment ticket, it always helps to provide any other ticket #s in it.

https://us.support.blizzard.com/en/help/contact/683/ticket

Also, re: reporting add-on text - if you use TRP, there is a button that should direct you right from their interface in sending in a report ticket. If that isn’t working? Report it here:

https://us.support.blizzard.com/en/help/contact/1501/ticket

As mentioned, using the Vote to Kick system is not considered harassment. Groups have agency over who is with them and may, by majority vote, opt to remove someone. Additionally, if this is part of a normal raid group, the raid leader may opt to remove anyone they wish.

For addon text? Back in December of last year? They didn’t, not even remotely. They actually said that they were investigating the situation.

They did say for future reports you should use right click report, but I feel they just grabbed the wrong template or neglected to update it for the specific situation.

For the two ongoing harassment tickets I see, from the beginning of the year, they did recommend using the in-game reporting tools for any harassment you might experience. Ongoing harassment tends to be fairly specific, with a player continuing to contact you to send messages, etc… circumventing the ignore system and so on.

However, what you were describing, the use of in-game items/toys, etc… to target you, doesn’t necessarily fall “ongoing harassment”. I think many would agree it is obnoxious, but again, not necessarily falling into the same category. I am sorry that someone had been so bothersome.

If you wish to provide feedback for our Game Developers, such as allowing ignore to also ignore specific items/toys, I’d recommend posting in the General Discussion forum and/or submitting a suggestion through the in-game interface option under the Support menu.