Blizzard, can you actually explain why we can't play Earthen tonight?

I want to play Earthen but I also don’t see the big deal because waiting one week is far less than we had to wait to get any of the other Allied Races so I have mixed feelings about it honestly.

1 Like

Bregly: Eh, I’m not arguing that it’s derpy that they’re not available. Just long-since tired of seeing someone(not you in this case) argue with inaccurate data.

As for Arthur:

I’m failing to see your point here. Do we have access to the max-level campaign? Yes. Do we have access to the, “OVERALL level-up campaign,” in its entirety? No, we do not.

Edit: Leaving the above as-is but did re-read and you have a point since that bit is a bit less clear. That being said, generally speaking, a footnote like what you quoted tends to be considered clarification to the statement it’s attached to so it wouldn’t override the original statement that we could, “Start Unlocking,” the race.

The footnote’s poor communication but wouldn’t be reasonably considered them lying still since all they’d need to say is that they consider the entirety of the main campaign to be the, “Level-up campaign.”

That being said, I’ll repeat that I’m not impressed with the race not being available to be unlocked already either.

Alas, not really much we can do about it.

I hate to be the person. But I have to point out that an MMO is something that is meant to be played over time and things unlocked over time. I don’t get some people’s entitlement that they should get everything they want the minute they want it. That kind of mentality is what has killed this game over the years. Toxic communication and trying to dumb everything down so that people don’t have to try - and can just complain about everything that doesn’t go how they want it really has killed the industry though. Entitlement is dumb

it takes 3 hours to get to 80… just 3

You are remembering very wrong… OK my memory was exaggerated… But BFA came out on 8-14-18. Zandalari did not come out till 8.1.5 which dropped on 3-12-19.

Its not ridiculous to lock the races sorry u are piss but this isn’t new nor are they personally doing this too u as other games and etc do the same thing.

Actually, comparative to the lifespan of this game, this is quite new, as we used to just get races without having to grind for them.

inb4 “They’re not races but allied races” This is just a silly term used to obfuscate any discussion point valid in calling out the ridiculous nature of locking races.

Allied races are still races. If anything, there’s even LESS reason to lock them behind a grind/timegate because they’re literally just recolors/reskins.

2 Likes

wrong. there are advertisements that say the race is a EA feature let alone a launch feature.

1 Like

Hm, it’s almost as if they just can’t get anything right…

Why would Earthen Dwarves be joining the Horde and Alliance when we JUST crashed onto their homeland?

Finish what we have available to us, right now, at the max level campaign and come back.
Spoiler below:

They already decided to help our effort and break their edicts.

1 Like

In what way is this not accomplished without time gating? You still have to play through the entire campaign at 80 to unlock them. Whether you do that in 1 night or 1 week it doesnt matter you completed the story in game. The time gating is just some serious form of roleplaying that you have to wait a week in real time for them to trust you. its stupid. Time gating is nothing more than corporate greed. They have some sort of agenda as to why they are holding it back. Not to mention the fact that all of their roadmaps showed it being available Aug 26th and now they have altered them to not say that. Super SHADY.

1 Like

I mean do you want them too?

The last time they stepped in, it messed up Rare and we hardly get to hear anything from these guys, if ever. Banjo and Donkey Kong ain’t coming back. Conker? PR nightmare for Microsoft for even a HINT of the guy in it’s orgrinal foulmouthed 64 bit form coming back. :frowning:

Rare ain’t Rare no more. Now it’s just Sea of Theives for them. Thanks to Microsoft.

NOW y’all want Microsoft to come in? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

WoW has never been in a good place since WoD, but i don’t think Microsoft would make anything better outside of putting it on Gamepass. That’s realistically all they can do without hosing off the customers with their direct involvement.

Honestly, i thought Starfield was pretty decent as far Bethesda games go. It’s definitionally has more going then Fallout 4 that’s for sure.

There’s a ton of flaws, but so do Fallout 4 and Skyrim. And if i’ve accepted them there, then i accepted them here.

You are on an allied race now…

Yup, just because I hate the concept doesn’t mean I won’t play them. But most should have been racial customization options, and the others should have been unlocked at the beginning of the X-pack like normal new races.

i think its BS that earthern arent able to be unlocked at release, its a huge part of the expac, they never said its not gonna release right away, and they promoted it liked it was gonna be available. so screw blizz lol.

1 Like

Fair, fair.