Blizzard being scared to just give blood elves blue eye option

(Humor): And Kil’jaeden represents all Draenei!

2 Likes

They have a funny way of showing it. Especially since Tyrande was about as welcoming as a venomous snake.

(Query): What, you mean like that time she first met the Blood Elves and Kael’thas and then worked to help him and his people safely cross Scourge infested territory with their supply caravan?

(Commentary): WC3:TFT painted a remarkably polite and even friendly cooperation between Night Elves and Blood Elves. I imagine if China hadn’t needed a pretty race to play the Horde, Blood Elves might’ve gone Alliance and actually been on good terms with the Night Elves. I mean, Kael’thas did save Tyrande’s life in that same campaign they first interacted in.

3 Likes

In the RTS games she’s much better than in WoW. But in WoW she sent spies, treated everyone like they are beneath her and garbage. She does the same to the Nightborne.

(Commentary): Well, they have to justify Blood Elves and Nightborne joining the Horde somehow.

3 Likes

They did do that storywise, but it sacrificed her earlier exchanges that were positive.

(Commentary): Well, they had to, otherwise the Blood Elves and Nightborne wouldn’t have joined the Horde. The story is what is written, but that doesn’t mean it’s quality writing, or even consistent. The Lore has always taken a beating so the Devs can do what they want with the gameplay. I still can’t get over Thrall letting the Forsaken into the Horde in the first place. Imagine if Blackmoore was among the Forsaken for a moment. Not to mention letting Varimathras into the Horde at all, let alone as Sylvanas’ Major Domo.

2 Likes

In game lore is about as good as comic books. That’s probably why at first the MMO version didn’t really focus on story other than what you read in quest text.

I think the other stuff is probably consistent with Thrall. He’s about giving people chances.

Which is a matter of opinion, which for many, seems to shift when story continuity gets in the way of what one wants in gameplay. It was consistent and in character for the night elves and Tyrande to be mistrustful of the nightborne considering what was going on when they split.

For me this whole “Tyrande should get to chew them out for what they did and then have them join the Alliance as penance” thing, or whatever the other excuse is for alliance nightborne seems to be the more inconsistent view of Tyrande. And one that takes away from her. The nightborne didn’t snub the Alliance, the Night Elves told them to take a hike.

(Commentary): There’s giving chances, and then there’s just being stupid. Seriously, Thrall of all people let a DREADLORD into the Horde, and in a powerful position. Varimathras was ordering Orcs around. Grom should’ve been spinning in his grave!

(Commentary): Personally, I disagree with that. The writing was on the wall that the Nightborne would go Horde, I just think Night Elf players got their hopes up that Tyrande’s remark would’ve been brushed aside, and not used as justification to go Horde instead. Truth is, the Nightborne always had more in common with the Blood Elves anyways.

They aren’t scared to give Belfs blue eyes. They just have a twisted design philosophy.

Say they want to give Void Elves blue ones… they’ll give regular belfs a shade of blue… silver… etc…

They just have an odd stance on design philosophy.

Well Grom was full of his own mistakes, so not sure he’d have room to judge really.

(Commentary): Grom sacrificed himself to free the Orcs from the control and influence of Demons. It was his redemption.

I’ll admit I just don’t like the way this often gets phrased. In a lore sense, it was not the Nightborne choose to go horde as a first choice. The intro scenario made it clear (at least to me) that the NB reached out to the Night Elves and were rebuffed, and thus came to join the horde, but they were the second choice.

(Commentary): Seems to be the other way around. The Nightborne expected Tyrande to reach out to them afterwards, but she didn’t.

And redemption is fine. It doesn’t change that he was flawed. And flawed isn’t bad. Characters that aren’t are boring.

(Commentary): It’s not about Grom per say, but rather, that his redemption was invalidated by Thrall, the one person who respected and valued it above all others, when he allowed a demon into the Horde and let the Horde take orders from said demon. It begs the question of what Grom died for, if the Orcs were just going to go right back to taking orders from a Demon.

That’s not clear. But she explicitly says:
First Arcanist Thalyssra : I must admit, when I first learned of the Horde, I was skeptical that we would share common ground.
First Arcanist Thalyssra : I thought our kin from Kalimdor would make obvious allies. But their arrogance and mistrust soon proved otherwise.

Still sounds like she was figuring that the Alliance was the best choice until the night elves shunned them.

1 Like

My positioning was that Thrall is just heavily flawed himself and made a mistake too. He did end up confronting Varimathras later, but maybe if he had also tossed out Sylvanas, it’d have saved us a lot in the future, lol.

I’ll be okay with this if you agree to kill all the void elves.

Otherwise, no. The (formerly) cool and good looking elves are ours.