Blizzard Banning Players Exploiting Reputation

From the sounds of it it had something to do with getting more than one weekly pact quest for the severed threads.

But the problem is this ban wave also seems to be hitting people who were playing the game normally and just stumbled upon the bug without realizing it was a exploit. A couple of my guildies are married and have a linked account, so they were both able to do the weekly and they both got the weekly reward to their linked account’s shared rep. (For most rep gains like rares or WQs if one of them does it the other doesn’t get rep from it. The Pact weekly was the exception). They didn’t do anything abnormal, just followed the blue ! and got caught up in the banwave.

I can see how this could be exploited deliberately, but from what I’ve been hearing Blizzard is catching a lot of players who didn’t even know this exploit existed and were playing on a linked legacy Blizzard account.

6 Likes

They should have waited til friday to deploy the 4 day bans and rollbacks. Get the benefits of the streaming up front, then crush all the work put into the heroic splits. They will never exploit again (or they will quit). Wins all around.

Long story short, if you multiboxed things when severed threads rep rolled over it would do so multiple times. Since BOA gear was the only worthwhile content for EA it was extremely common to accidentally find this out. Source: am 5x multiboxer and r25 severed threads lol. Was I supposed to know the treasures werent supposed to give rep on multiple accounts when the DF stuff all worked this way? Not sweating 4 days off either way.

8 Likes

I think a week would be better. Imagine missing that first week how painful that would be for people who who thought they were so smart and could beat the system.

1 Like

You sure they didn’t get hit for account sharing, which is a no-no?

4 Likes

If you did this you wouldnt be able to post, dont cap.

Very cool.

That’s…the idea.

This isn’t allowed. :dracthyr_love_animated:

7 Likes

They won’t miss the week with just 4 days. Imagine your vault next week is empty. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

I’m not sure if you understand how the splits work. It doesn’t use personal loot and it is hero gear not champion. The whole point is to run the raid with as many people as you can with gear being funneled to a few people, so you would have like a team of 20 running five different raids using as many extras as you can two funnel gear into the few members you have in each group. You can’t armor stack like in Mythic Plus or heroic dungeons.

1 Like

They cannot now participate in the world first raid.

They lose out on lot of promotion $$$.

1 Like

Pretty sure. Their account has been linked since Wrath and the account linking service isn’t offered by Blizz anymore. They’re grandfathered in. They don’t use the same account, they pay for and play two different accounts that are linked. So they share mounts and stuff. Whenever they’re both online and one of them gets a special mount we can see the achiev pop for both of them in guild chat.

4 Likes

Yes it is. It’s not a service that Blizzard offers anymore, but it is a Blizzard service that was offered at one time and they’ve been grandfathered in with. If Blizzard wanted to unlink their accounts they could do so given that Blizz is the one that linked them in the first place.

4 Likes

Good.
People will try to defend themselves, but if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, speaks fluent common like a duck, it’s probably a dwarf in disguise, but you shouldn’t believe it’s lies, it’s a duck.

3 Likes

I didnt even knew you can exploit that reputation thing lol

2 Likes

Under the same bnet right? That’s against the rules. There’s no “grandfathering in” for that.

3 Likes

I don’t, you don’t. Those who racing do, and their perspective fans do. I don’t think the race is healthy for the game due to the mentality it often creates but I’m not going to pretend people don’t enjoy it when you see on the forums there is clearly people that watch it closely as it ramps up.

No. Two different bnets. I have both of them on my friends list with different accounts. They pay for both and one plays one, the other the other.

I’m not entirely sure what the particulars of the service are/used to be. Certainly not enough to offer you detailed answers in my guildie’s place. Regardless, they’re filing an appeal since this is the first time either of them heard of the rep exploit. We’ll see how it goes. They’re mostly just bummed about missing day 1 raid with the rest of the guild. They otherwise don’t care.

2 Likes

Does Blizz not have a rule prohibiting ban evasion?

Only on the forums. Of all places -_-

Good time for players to know how Blizzard tracks players who exploit.

Stay away from it as much as you can. Just don’t do it. It is is not worth it.

h ttps://youtube.com/shorts/6OdiGbXQu6k?si=Y0dcBaiSVnMM_DBJ

1 Like