Blizzard banning all software that emulates a key input

Oh ok misunderstanding on my part then. Carry on.

Well, it’s the software that the mouse/keyboard comes with that allows you to “macro”. If that software triggers warden then you’re screwed.

It basically boils down can you do anything against the rules, if the answer is yes, then that’s obviously bad.

I don’t even know everything G Hub has in it. I guess that’s why I’m nervous.

1 Like

What Blizzard need to do is just come out and tell us what they are thinking when they wrote that coded message, like OK you added mechanical mechanisms to the list. But what does that actually mean to Blizzard? Does it mean using a piece of hardware is now bannable or does it mean I can no longer hook up one mouse and keyboard to 5 PC’s?

Well sure that last part will almost certainly be a ban, but seriously they also need to tell us how they are even tracking for this kind of stuff? Do they see that you have 5 characters in the one place all receiving the same command? Can they even see that? Can they see a character who has been receiving the same command over and over for 2 hours?

I know, people will use this information to try and get around the system, but people will always do that as long as it is viable. I’m worried that those of us who are legit not multiboxing or using macros, I think Blizzard are going to push this too far and ban players who are only using one account and button at a time because of the legit software they use may bring false reports one day.

3 Likes

I just don’t see them triggering random software. There has to be some sort of incident, like if you’re using more than one account and using macros in your favor. I just don’t see them caring too much about a single character using macros. But who knows? They can’t suspend people for having some random mouse/keyboard software on their computer.

g-hub isn’t going to get you banned, it’s a necessary piece of software to get your peripherals to work

If razor and other hardware ‘gaming’ things that come with built in software were not being flagged by warden before, it won’t be now. It is much more similar to botting than it is to key mirroring. I’d have to double check but the script running portion probably runs in addition when it’s turned on rather than bundled in the program.

3 Likes

I just put disenchant on an action bar keyed to a key I only press during mass disenchant sessions works fine that way without the need to build a macro for it.

1 Like

Someone posted here that something like this happened to them. So I guess that’s why I was nervous.

Here’s hoping. Thank you.

They were probably making the macros I was talking about further up in the thread with it.

Or that wasn’t the real reason and they didn’t want to say the real one.

Just stay out of the macro section of g-hub and especially don’t make any macros that send multiple keypresses to the client, and you’ll be fine.

G-Hub should get you banned, you can than go out and buy a good keyboard and mouse

I don’t know how to use them and I’d be afraid I’d mess up my mouse. So I will definitely stay out of there. Thank you very much!

Technically they arent banning specific software packages but more the use of them.

If you are distributing a keypress to multiple clients through any method it risks a ban.

If you script your opener to a single keypress you risk banning for automation.

logitech has never steered me wrong.

Razer on the other hand
 we’ve gone through 5 mice in 3 years. We’d stop getting them, but they’re the only one that fits my wife’s hand well.

Dont cheat OP

1 Like

They can define and redefine the rule until they are blue in the face. At some point it is individual responsibility to do some critical thinking about whether a behavior is in the spirit of the rule or not. I would expect if there was a dispute about a false flag they’d review what was picked up. We all live in 2021, gms included. Surely they’d have an inkling what gaming software ships with these days.

1 Like

Half the gms don’t even know anything about wow >.>

5 Likes

I guess since I don’t really understand that, I’m probably safe. LOL

The million dollar question, how? How are they actually detecting this? How can they detect if you are using the software to remap your keyboard and send a different command than the default, or if you are remapping to press a combination of keys? Is it even possible to differentiate the difference when people use Logitech, Razer or whatever?