Blizzard banning all software that emulates a key input

But do they tell us what software is being banned? For those who use Logitech and Razer or similar devices that use software to run your keyboard, what happens than? Will those be picked up as false positives?

In my example I use a Razer Ornate, Naga and Tartus. I have some of my Ornate keys set to a different keybind when WoW is open so when I press the button the software will send the command to the PC. The same for my Naga and Tartus, all the buttons are set to something that is not the default option.

Whilst mine are all set to single key buttons, like the Naga is set to use the numpad buttons and the Tartus is set to use the numeral buttons from the keyboard, what if someone has a more intricate setup? So instead of having just the number 1, they have CTRL+1 set on a button on their Naga, than keybind CTRL+1 on their action bar, will Blizzard be able to detect this?

I ask because I can also setup any number of macros into my hardware, ones that will actively allow me to emulate what seems to be a person doing something, and could actually make macros that send commands to multiple WoW windows. Can Blizzard detect this?

For reference I have 2 accounts, 1 is currently not even active so I have no reason to do this, I also don’t farm my own herbs or ore, too damn lazy, and cannot think of anything that I could do to benefit from making macros for any reason.

But I also don’t want Blizzard to blanket ban all software, including ones we use for legit reasons. At the same time, I also don’t want anymore bots in the game or people to be running 5+ instances of WoW and gaining a disadvantage.

5 Likes

I wonder the same thing about G Hub. I don’t use a lot of its functionality, because I don’t understand it, but what happens if it’s doing something I don’t know about? Am I going to get banned? GMs aren’t interested in listening to anyone once they ban someone.

3 Likes

If you are not playing multiple accounts at the same time you’re fine.

10 Likes

This is something that does need to be clarified by Blizzard.

That’s not how it’ll work. If it is that easy then it’s a waste of time anyway as that is something easy to mask and get around.

5 Likes

Then why do we hear stories about people being banned for using software who don’t even have more than one account?

2 Likes

No that doesn’t sound right because when my second account was active I would run both at the same time, I would just manually alt tab into each window and do whatever. Like put one character on follow and run ICC so I can get 2 mount chances per 1 run.

2 Likes

That’s how I understood it anyways, as long as you’re not multiboxing you should be fine?

Blizz will not specifically say which software will trigger a red flag because that sets those trying to circumvent the rules a clear path on how to get around it. This is something that has been said time and time again on the CS forum.

That being said, the general rule of thumb is:

One action per key press

So long as you remain in this boundary, you should be fine.

2 Likes

The keybindings should be fine. I’ve used those for years.

1 Like

Using hardware, including mouse and keyboard, that permits you to create key macros and sequencing macros that cannot be created within the in-game macro creation can definitely be in violation.

2 Likes

If this vague description were true, literally everyone who uses a good keyboard and mouse could get banned.

3 Likes

People have been banned for creating sequencing macros that fit the definition of automation by using keyboards and mice that permit that.

It’s not a difficult concept. Use the in game macro creator.

1 Like

Is TSM next? Please blizz ban TSM because I really want to quit wow for good!

5 Likes

Apparently it’s difficult for you to read what’s being said here. Please try reading again. This is now the second thread where you can’t seem to comprehend the topic.

2 Likes

I doubt it. Ctrl+a number is a combination key press which is like an additional key. It isn’t multiple instances of the same key being broadcasted. Though if you’re setting up the script on your Naga to do more than one thing that’s botting. Different things.

They would never, giving a list gives people the leeway to say “but what I’m using isn’t on the list”.

I know what software you mean, I used that for a week thinking it was alright :laughing: I had a keybind that would send this to the game:

/
C
A
S
T
SPACE
D
I
S
E
N
C
H
A
N
T
I
N
G

Basically 38 keypress per one keypress :rofl: Luckily I stopped using it before I got in trouble :grimacing: I would suggest not using the gaming software that comes bundled with that hardware at all.

2 Likes

If you want to pretend that “anything can get anybody banned with no advance warning” because you want to believe programming automation should be okay for you, then feel free to believe.

The topic being discussed here actually involves programmable input devices that can be in violation.

The fact that you are trying to control the discussion according to your personal agenda in multiple threads by changing it to suit yourself is…interesting.

It is not a secret that external hardware macros can get a player with only one account get banned. It is not new. But keep trying to deceive people if that’s your thing.

6 Likes

For real, the script macro area that comes with it is like ahk for dummies. Without the mouse movements.

I am so hardwired to thinking AHK is bad as a wow player that I didn’t use it at all, then one day (last week) It dawned on me, it’s ok to use this software just not for wow :rofl: Made myself a couple scripts for Firefox, love it :heart: I just make sure to close them when I play Blizz games lol #paranoia

2 Likes

Once again, you can’t comprehend what’s going on. This was never once said. Stop making crap up.

The topic involved specifically stated

And

I don’t have a “personal agenda.” The OP and I asked questions about particular things that you ignored.

You’re the one who didn’t understand what promotion was being talked about in the last thread and accused the MVP of saying they were supportive of the idea. And here you are once again not reading the discussion and not talking about what we were talking about.

Just stop responding.

1 Like