Blizzard banning all software that emulates a key input

You don’t need to mirror commands to multibox

Actually better yet, I’ll quote you yourself saying that multiboxing is fine

If they just meant multiboxing they wouldn’t have said “to automate or streamline multiboxing”. That line right there means you can multibox but you can’t use

2 Likes

Yea, you can still do the whole, lay 2-6 windows out on your monitor and literally click the herb or mine on every one of them.

1 Like

I’ve tried a number of suggestions over the years but I’m limited to about 4 keys with my left hand. I use a mouse with my right hand to simulate alt, ctrl, shift to give me 12 keys total. I’ve added in a couple of macros to remove the need for other keys.

I could add a foot pedal I suppose but I have a number of similar problems with my legs as well. I can hold a pedal down but the constant motion from up and down would destroy what little cartilage I have.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t understand half of what G Hub can do. I have programmed a different button in its software so that my second right click button is now for tab target.

I just want to make sure that there’s nothing in there I don’t know about that might screw me over inadvertently.

The only way You can now multi box is my having your other character put your main on follow. I mean OK if that works I guess but anything more than that is no longer allowed.
You would have to all tab to the other client to cast spells or do anything

Man, might be time to just find a comfortable controller or something

2 Likes

A lot of people did it that way even when software was allowed.

They’re not banning all software that emulates a key input.

They’re banning all software that allows you to mirror keystrokes to multiple game clients. So, basically, any software that can be used to multi-box. They’ve also taken the extra step to say that hardware that does the same thing is now also bannable.

So GHub? That’s fine, your software that allows to you use the extra buttons on your Razer keyboards or mice? Also fine.

The only exception I’d say would be software that allows any form of automation by mimicing button presses even though you’re not pressing the button, but I don’t know of any official keyboard or mouse software that enables that functionality.

2 Likes

Swap to a DH and play solo content lol.

1 Like

TBF, there’s a guy who clears mythic using a controller :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s actually not horrible, plenty of keybinds (about 40)

1 Like

Every time you see me in a thread saying “multiboxing isn’t actionable” this is what I’m talking about. I’d imagine it’s what most people mean but I can only speak for myself.

Fair enough but I would read what they posted today very well personally I wouldn’t risk it even just having a second account have you on follow if enough people reported it and it looks like multi boxing then someone could get banned

Presumably that would be a combination key press, only instead of x the full map would be click+click remapped as tab. But I honestly can’t say for sure if there is a limit on key combination multipliers. Either way it’s telling your character to do one thing inside one client. I would say it’s probably safe? That’s a specific instance it might be prudent to ask a cs rep about.

Its their game they can do whatever they want , they have the right to ban you for no reason as well , its in their ToS

Nope, they will never help cheaters . They will just say you did X wrong and that’s it

Appeal, that’s all you can do

1 Like

Its a day I always knew was coming. I’ve been told that I should be in a wheelchair for the last 10 years but refuse to let the pain get the better of me. Its always been manageable with enough pain killers and by changing the way I do things. But a change like this would put my long term health at risk. I have a family that relies on my income and I can’t risk shortening the amount of time I can still work for a game.

I can’t complain though it was a long run of gamming and I accomplished a lot while I still could.

3 Likes

You generally want to stay away from macros with multiple keypresses, probably won’t get you banned, but ya never know.

I’ve been using it for years and I’ve been okay. I assumed that was okay since it’s basically like using keybinds in game. I think my biggest concern is if that program is doing anything else I don’t know about. Because I really don’t understand the program. lol

Yeah to me it just sounds like creating a new button that doesn’t physically exist.

You are ok with using things such as cast sequence macros these are available in game.

The line is when you are using a program that can change priorities due to some in game status.

1 Like

Yea, i meant external macro programs that send multiple key presses to the client.