Blizzard balance

why is it not letting me use my blizzard balance to pay for game time anymore?

Can you give us a bit more information? Where are you trying to buy it? Are you getting an error message? Are you trying to buy a time card or a subscription?

3 Likes

Where are you trying to make the purchase, Iroquois? If you are on the subscription page, you will not be able to use balance for an active subscription. You can purchase Game Time in increments of 30, 90 or 180 days for Blizzard Balance though. Try here:Game Time

3 Likes

Do you have enough balance to also cover any taxes? If you don’t have enough for the entire total including tax, it won’t let you use Blizzard Balance.

If you’re trying to purchase a subscription, I believe you need to use a debit card/credit card or PayPal.

2 Likes

I am trying to buy reg game time like I always have with my blizzard balance and it does show I have a blizzard balance but when I go to check out it just shows my visa card it will not show blizzard balance anywhere when checking out.

That usually means that you don’t have enough to cover the whole cost. From what I understand, a lot of US States have started charging taxes and as such, you may not have enough to cover the cost of the game +tax.

4 Likes

yes I have way over the amount ty

If that’s the case, then try logging out of the game, and the launcher, clear out your browser’s cookies and cache (even go so far as a reboot of your computer) and then see if the website will let you choose Blizzard balance as an option.

1 Like

ok ty guys

1 Like

I’d agree. I tried testing it myself and because I have enough Blizzard Balance, that is my default payment option.

Doublecheck you are on the right page, etc.

2 Likes

yea it seems the 1st line has 2 payment options to renew subscription at the top of the shop page I scrolled down to the bottom and there was option to just pay game time I used it and it let me use blizzard balance but still said I didn’t have enough money and really do have enough more than enough…

You may need to reach out to Billing, then.

1 Like

i’ll get this worked out thanks all

2 Likes

I am getting the same issue. Cannot use Blizzard Balance to buy game time . This is very sad. What am I to do with the Blizzard cards I got for Christmas ? I just want a little more game time to see if I want to purchase a subscription … At this rate, I’m looking at giving up on the whole game.

Try the link here:

Balance can’t be used for subscriptions, since they’re recurring, but it can be used for game time.

Edit: I miss being able to post links since I quote quote blue posts with links and keep them blue anymore. :cry:

3 Likes

Please make sure you review the full content of a discussion before bumping it. This thread is a year old, but the answer was provided by Vrakthris early on.

These restrictions are also covered on our support website:

You can’t use Blizzard Balance to purchase items from the Blizzard Gear Store, in-game products for Hearthstone on mobile devices, or World of Warcraft subscriptions—though you can buy game time in the Blizzard Shop.

5 Likes