Blizzard Art Directors = Lazy AF

Work smart not hard

1 Like

Recolors are a good thing because if things only came in 1 color, a lot of people would say “I like this, but don’t like the color, if only it was __________ instead.”

They do make new outfits, the recolors and restyles make them appealing to more people. I certainly wouldn’t be wearing my current ensemble if the only version was the “base” one, because I don’t like the base version.

1 Like

to be fair with all the C*ap that is going on on Blizzard right now this is the best their artists can do honestly…

It would be if not tied to RNG. Birdman in WoD HFC is an item that has eluded me. I even got the damned mount for HFC…but not this item.

Or in the case of WoD now…recolors we lost access too. thanks to the relic armour upgrade system many recolors were lost for professions sets. You can collect that blood for days…ain’t no crafting menu options to use them though.

Whoops…we didn’t know that would happen.

BS…PTR testers pointed this out day 1.

Ummm, we will fix it. We promise.

When?

Soon ™.

Its still not fixed btw.

3 Likes

Indeed. Still can’t get to a certain part of the Timeless Isle too, even though they said they’d remove the legendary cloak requirement for that subzone.

1 Like

Seems like good resource management from a business perspective. It’s worth noting it has been this way since vanilla.

Shadowlands has come a long way in terms of new cave and terrain geometry.

Yes, they should give us thousands and thousands of completely new models with each patch so the amount of drive space required is a terabyte or two.

:cookie:

Its wow, not fallout or skyrim. Its not exactly pushing 4k texture jobs on large models that, yes, in some cases are 500mb+ mods

Many of those are that way because modders can take shortcuts. there are a few graphics compression methods out there that can be used, but aren’t.

Also if you look at the source files their edits are dirty as hell. Put another way they don’t clean the edits so its filled will intermediate garbage edits (creation kit is why…its a great tool but far from perfect one). You clean this up, if motivated package in a ba? (few options here is the ?) format…space saved.

Unfortunately, it makes all of Blizzard look lazy and yeah they earned it. It really doesn’t matter if it is a staffing or management issue.

2 Likes

The art and music teams are basically the only ones that are still doing top notch work around Blizzard these days.

2 Likes

Ehh i wouldn’t really call them best in class, this is not 2005 anymore.

1 Like

I agree sadly it’s all game devs do in every game . Idk why . Like use some creativity use fanart concepts be creative stop just giving us multiple color palette swaps .

1 Like

Recolor apple jacks

This.

When dealing with graphic artists you ahve to ask them twice to see their portolio. The first one you get will be the nice business professional one. Nice work…but work they were paid to do it. And a decent chance work they didn’t really have a passion for. they were paid to make it to some external demand.

So…you ask them if cool with them so can show you the real portfolio. Their personal one they put the work they love doing…

Business one…you get that drawn picture showing the team aspect a company is trying sell. Looks so clean, wholesome. so…stock photos/art site ish. yawn.

Personal portfolio…sooo you like some anime I see. Damn its gorgeous. Show me more…I’d dare say even your rough works in progress would floor me. Can I see those too?

“They are working with tight budgets and future patches…” as they take the time to replace woman with fruit.

Inc recolored fruit portraits.

1 Like

Well, it’s gotten to the point where we can’t even get proper recolors on things, as described in overlooked-druid-travel-form-issues :rofl:

It is sad we didn’t even get more than one world boss for the maw/korthia. Even Nazjatar has a better selection. Just shows more laziness.

1 Like

Are you new to the game? It’s been this way since 2004.

Swing and a miss…
You’re making accusations at the wrong people. The art directors and crew are some of if not the best consistently every expansion…

1 Like

I just want to wear a robe and pointy hat that makes me feel like a caster and not a 500 lb hunk of metal.

2 Likes