Blizzard and the Alliance

I truly believe Blizzard has no interest in the Alliance part of the game.

The Alliance were written by Blizzard to willingly kill themselves.

The Stonetalon Campaign and the Ashenvale Campaign, and the bombing of Theramore.

Varian walked into Org after that, told Thrall not to do it again, and then let Thrall who chose Garrosh, choose another guy. Then Garrosh causes an invasion from alternate Draenor. Which results in the freeing of Gul’Dan and Tirion being killed.

Then Alliance does nothing after Legion until…

Teldrassil was burnt down, the Darkshore offensive, and the Stormwind breakout. And Anduin walks up to Sylvanas and asks hers her to surrender?

The Alliance are written as suicidal, they have no interest in protecting themselves.

Anduin should have told Jaina and Velen to just nuke every Horde capital since they simply can’t be trusted. But instead they virtually fall on their own swords for no reason.

That’s why I switched to Horde. I have no interest in playing a game where I play a faction that is second fiddle to the Horde. I have no interest in playing a faction that has so little sense of self-preservation that they may as well be lemmings.

I want the best content and more than 20% of the story. I want zones and questlines and content, that are finished first, and not ones that Blizzard were unfinished due to them being focused on the Horde. I know complaining about it won’t help, the BfA beta demonstrated that. So I just switched.

I’m not saying this as a Horde fanboy, but as a paying customer, you should probably just stick to Horde if you want to have the non-suicidal faction with quality content.

63 Likes

Cool story bro.

17 Likes

If you think being led by insane murderers is the best thing going, you made the right choice. Grats?

For me, it was SO old by the end of MOP. Most Horde hating that part of the story, and the other half of the players telling us how good we had it- as they raided our capitol and took down our POS leader.

The Horde’s story isn’t great. Often, it’s being a part of atrocities rather that having them done to you. I hope that’s what you like.

Then again, the story is terrible and we should just enjoy the gameplay and not pretend like it’s a great work of fiction, because it isn’t. But, it’s fun.

: )

6 Likes

You’ll see by the end of the xpac the writers wanted the whole genocidal thing to be a ruse because of the greater good. Sylvanas and the Horde were the real good guys in the end.

Just like the True Horde vs the Horde in the Siege of Orgrimmar. They won’t let the Horde be the actual bad guys. Blizzard loves the Horde too much for that.
Of course they’ll be complicit and grumbling at the time, but it’s all a setup for the big twist they have planned.

But I’m not simply talking about the story. Think of the in-game content. Horde, adjustable postures for Orcs, all the clans of the Mag’Har, Zandalari, Nightborne, Highmountain.

Now think of what the Alliance got in comparison. A race that’s a reskin of Draenei for a single patch. A race that didn’t exist until the very end of a patch. And a race no one asked for that looks suspiciously like Ogres that were already planned for the Horde changed at the last minute. Oh and one dwarf clan.

Now look what Alliance is getting a Bee mount! Aren’t you excited for your Bee mount? LOL what a joke. Is that supposed to be a consolation for the 6 horse reskins?

Think of the Blizzcons, think of the behavior the devs have towards the Horde, then towards the Alliance. Remember Yrel “the next generation of Alliance Heroes”? LOL The one people likes to call a Mary Sue because the most amazing thing she ever did was distract Blackhand for 2 seconds.

It’s a pattern of behavior. It’s obvious.

26 Likes

Horde bias yet again :rofl:

2 Likes

Horde player likes Horde, thinks others should too

9 Likes

Hey if you just want to vent, thats fine too.

3 Likes

Vol’jin was a good call; he was a proud member of the Horde but he wasn’t a a senseless warmonger and was willing to work with others of both factions. That aside, Varian’s only options were to accept who the Horde leadership had made Warchief and work with it or try to force them into submission (which likely would’ve ended with most of those involved dead or nearly dead).

I’m not sure if I agree that making Anduin (you know, the “lets all be friends” poster child) genocidal would qualify as good writing. His entire character is based around the fact that he always sees the best in everyone even when he really shouldn’t.

Really, I think I have to agree with Jamalia that it sounds like you want just characters that are prone to massive violence.

9 Likes

Then the Alliance will have massive violence continued to be visited upon them, I guess that’s what they want. :woman_shrugging:

Who wants to play a faction where their family is killed, their dog shot and then punched in the face before saying “thankyou may I have another?”

7 Likes

Not so much that but you could have just been like ‘things you think are cool about the Horde’. Instead of ‘actually being the Horde is the bomb, stick with us for quality thx’.

I don’t think Horde is cool really, I like Goblins, but the Horde as a whole is written as badly as the Alliance, just not characterized with suicidal stupidity. And 7 Wolf reskins in one expansion.

15 Likes

Yea, i was raiding ghun place with 0 idea why i was there. We had a mission in zandalar to rescue a captain who was studying blood trolls, she tried killing us to get more blood magic power, then were fighting some worm.

10/10.

18 Likes

Although I play Belf on Horde side. Goblins I like just because of thier attitude.

I think it’s something you expect though, Pocketbuster. Alliance has typically been the ‘We should be the better guy’ which is what draws people to it.

hmmm…

nah :slightly_smiling_face:

i enjoy wpvp on my side, i still find mythic+ groups consistently, i like my human and my t3 arathi set.

Theres a point where you can “be the better man” and then theres the point where you turn into Ned Flanders watching people trash your house and going “please stop…”

The Alliance are written as weaklings, Blizzard at Blizzcon shows little to no interest in Alliance content or development. It’s not the fault of the players, it’s purely on Blizzard.

22 Likes

Don’t worry we didn’t mercy kill Rastakan. We enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

I’m actually confused why we killed king rastafarian, then again we didn’t get any of the cutscenes that told us anything, so.

12 Likes

Yes and from a diplomatic and tactical move it was another Blizzard written stupid Alliance move, making Zandalar under his daughter and her siding with the Horde to swear Vengeance.

The Alliance only does something in the story when it plays into the Horde. Once again you see Blizzard playing to the Horde.

19 Likes

Oh look another Horde Thread about saying that Alliance is dull and Horde is better.

How much Horde Bias Spam do we need on here?

1 Like
  • John J Keeshan + Bravo Company
  • Sir Anduin Lothar
  • Varian
  • Bolvar
  • Halford Wrymbane
  • Turalyon
  • Danath Trollbane
  • Shandris
  • Jaina
  • Muradin
  • Genn (especially in the cinematic where he owns sylvanas in legion)
  • The Lightforged Lady at the bottom of the deck of the ship whose implied to enjoy torturing Horde prisoners
  • Lightforged Draenei in general
  • Sky Admiral Rogers
  • The Alliance captain in Southern Barrens who took Orcs Prisoner and gouged their eyes out
  • General Hawthorne, the man responsible for Taurajo
  • The LF Draenei who accepts going on a suicide mission for the Alliance and does so willingly
  • The Kul’Tirans who took Horde captives prisoner at Proudmoore Keep and are literally torturing them
  • Admiral Taylor

yeah im not exactly buying your narrative

14 Likes