Blizzard and the Alliance

Alliance isn’t dull, not if Blizzard didn’t want them to be. People say Alliance is boring, but Blizzard made Alliance boring. If you have no interest in something, it shows in the content you create for it.

10 Likes

Is that why Horde leaders are the ones who frequently die in the storyline?

Muradin seriously doesn’t get enough credit. He went toe-to-toe against the undead in their home territory without any Alliance support, and then went on to become king of his own clan of dwarves after soloing a giant worm while having amnesia. And then, even after all that, the absolute unit still hasn’t retired from the battlefield, as he eagerly starts kicking more butt in Stromgarde.

Dude’s a legend.

1 Like

I’m sure that you believe that.

Yet as weak as the ‘story’ in general is, it was needed as a plot device. Alliance regained old allies.

Horde gained another disenfranchised group (running theme since 04 lol).

Don’t forget more about Alliance Heroes too like the Draeneis, Dwarves, Gnomes, and etc.

6 Likes

trying not too atm, the list is literally so long, im just trying to name them off memory

2 Likes

So what does it take for any of them to do something? Apparently bombing of Theramore isn’t enough, Burning of Teldrassil isn’t enough, sacking of Stormwind isn’t enough, attempted murder on the High King in the Undercity Throne room isn’t enough.

They are pathetic. They are weaklings.

Horde leaders die because they need a internal faction conflict to write a story about. Alliance leaders die because Horde players would complain otherwise.

Tell me about the internal politics and stresses placed on the Alliance at the moment due to the Lightforged being in the same faction as the Void Elves?

Oh theres nothing?

Okay tell me about the internal faction conflict over the Alliances failure against the burning of Teldrassil and the securing of Darkshore.

Oh nothing again?

Well looks like Blizzard aren’t really interested in writing about that are they.

13 Likes

Maybe because the “weaklings” I’m listing weren’t exactly alive or present at the time these things happened, you literal sperg

The point is, there are Alliance heroes and they aren’t weaklings you just don’t know the lore or are intentionally being dense.

You’re presuming a conflict should exist based on assumptions that aren’t founded in-game and are complaining that the conflict as a whole doesn’t exist. Where in lore does it state that the Lightforged should or would have a problem with the existence of the void elves? Yes, they utilize forces on the opposite ends of the cosmic spectrum, but the Lightforged were more than willing to work with literal demons and the fel-infused broken on Argus. They’ve actually shown to be a pretty tolerant people so far. The fact that they aren’t intolerant is not a knock against Alliance writing as a whole.

You mean the internal faction conflict that led to the Night Elves fielding their own military against the undead, forming a new fighting force known as the Army of the Black Moon, creating a new power level (and appearance) for a good portion of their race, and marshaled the forces of the ancients and the children of Cenarius in a way distinctly reminiscent of their WC3 days

C’mon, man. Alliance gets great lore.

6 Likes

And then promptly beaten up by Nathanos who had a bit of a laugh. Apparently it took the burning of their home to just get them to show up, and they get soundly beaten.

Alliance aren’t a threat. In any possible shape or form. Just the way Blizzard likes it.

How convenient Jaina wasn’t there during the Siege of Orgrimmar, oh wait she was, and she was written as being accepting of Varians decision. And after Sylvanas attempted to kill her and Anduin along with others, she also decided to just not bother with killing Sylvanas after trying to murder them all.

The Alliance characters are written as suicidal morons, just face it.

3 Likes

I like how you ignored my entire list of other characters.

5 Likes

I like how you keep dodging the point. “Oh Lothar was a hero back in the day!” We are talking about WoW today.

7 Likes

What on earth are you talking about? The Night Elves don’t get ‘beaten up by Nathanos.’ And he laughs? When does that happen? He has to run with his tail between his legs after Sylvanas loses yet another Val’kyr!

Are you trying to make things up or frame things in ways that aren’t backed by reality just to prove a narrative?

3 Likes

Nice subject change.

Before you claimed that the Alliance are written as weaklings and when I counter your point you move the goalposts to today’s time. Most of those characters I listed are still there.

At this point it’s safe to just conclude that you’re brain dead.

4 Likes

Oh so what you want to do is not talk about how Blizzard is treating the Alliance now, but how the Alliance used to be good back in the good ol’ days, so it’s fine.

So what your saying, it took Tyrande going super saiyan to beat a single Val’kyr all by herself? Who knows what could’ve happened if she were just regular High Priestess of Elune Tyrande, she might’ve died or something.

5 Likes

Do not forget the Alliance today regretting his Death and giving him duel time.

Feeling bad for killing an enemy leader.

If we attack now we will be like Sylvanas
Drama increased.

5 Likes

yeah…that. My added view on the WQ rotations for faction rep.

Its just odd.

If alliance really hated the horde, we’d leave the blood trolls be really. they kill the horde, we get some time off. Win win.

Horde same thing. Why don’t they want witches and misguided tide sages killing alliance? Horde the oddest as they do get a brain at some point. Hey lady ashvane, lets do lunch GF. We have to talk about some things…

3 Likes

There’s really nothing more that can be said that hasn’t been said hundreds of times by so many people. When Blizzard does Horde content, they do what excites them. They have passion for it. It may not be the best stuff, but it’s interesting and proactive. You can call the whole Sylvanas plot arc thing many things… but “uneventful” and “reactionary” aren’t good fits. Hell, Horde players even get to CHOOSE to support her or defy her.

When it’s time to do Alliance content, they check boxes and collect paychecks. They have no good ideas, no passion at all behind the content… so they just make the Alliance react to things. We need Alliance content - have Horde bodyslam them and then they can react to it.

It’s such a waste of potential. Alliance have amazing aethetics and could be so much more than they are… which is just a plot device so Devs can nerd out over doing Horde content.

19 Likes

As a Horde, I believe Anduin is a horrible leader. I’ll vote in a heartbeat to make Tyrande a leader. At least she had the galls to became something powerful and take revenge for her people. How old is Anduin anyway? 16 years old? as a leader? Christ.

5 Likes

It’s always been written this way because the horde is the archetypal bad guy who attacks first and the alliance is the archetypal good guys who have to defend themselves and then defeat the bad guys. Horde bad. Alliance good.

Now in Warcraft strategy games there was actually nuance. But in WoW there really isn’t. It’s black and white with just a few pathetic stabs at fanservice to give the illusion of ‘grey’ areas where there really isn’t any.

2 Likes

Why though? Apparently nuance is impossible in MMO’s unless your Horde having an interfactional conflict? The Night Elves were so weak that not only did they lose their forests and Teldrassil. It took all of that for them to go “okay time to get serious” and have Tyrande kill one Val’kyr.

Shouldn’t the Night Elves be staging a coup and outsing Anduin for being an incompetent buffoon first? Since they seem to be too pathetic to even bother leaving the Alliance. After they’ve literally lost everything.

6 Likes