Blizzard allows Bots, Hacking, and RMT. I Quit

Its still the population that causes the issues. Mostly on black lotus. The rest of the resources can be instanced farmed. Find a farm bots dont do. Solid stone farms been good easy farm for a long time for me. I dont think bots can do them.

LOL So funny you say this because I just got done with a week long battle with Blizzards silly report system trying to get a bot banned who was doing the ele earth/solid stone farm and cutting my money big time.

Blizzard didn’t do anything for a week even though myself and many others who farmed there reported the bot. Finally, when I cancelled my sub, I put in a ticket saying “I want a refund”, explained the bot (for the 1 millionth time) in excruciating detail, and the bot was finally banned (you know… when Blizzard finally had a PERSON look at my report).

By that point though I was so fed up that it honestly didn’t even matter. I lost something like 500g to that bot directly and Blizzard wouldn’t have even banned the bot had I not gone around the bot report system and requested a refund.

It’s not just black lotus. It’s everything. And I hear you, your server isn’t bad because the population was lower. Trust me when I say, Herod is a massive cluster.

1 Like

I was on herod jump ship 3 times. Bliz layering server size is the big problem. The bigger the server the more customers for gold bots. They should of had 5 times the server for pre signups and herod and the few preservers wouldnt of been such a cluster. I am hoping for fresh servers next year over going to tbc.

That’s false. They don’t inyentionally allow these things. They simply can’t eliminate these things.

That’s very different, unless Blizzard is a god, with god-like magical powers. And they aren’t. They are just people.

Hacking and cheating have existed in every game for the last 5,000 years. But YOU blame Blizzard because they can’t stop them. YOU call it “allowing” if they exist.

Not even close. It’s just nonsense that exists in YOUR mind.

Lots of people play by the rules. But there are also cheaters, hackers, liars, RMTers, whatever. Don’t blame Blizzard for what those people are doing.

If you can’t cope with cheaters, don’t play games. ANY games.

Blizzard intentionally ignores a large portion of Botting, Hacking, and RMT because:

1. They make money on it.
  2. Addressing it would effect their bottom line.

They have the resources to fix it AND classic still be profitable but the refuse to apply those resources because they are trying to make as much money with as little effort as possible with classic.

Blizzard gives no consideration to the person playing by the rules and would let every one of them quit before they’d lift a finger to address the bot/hack/rmt problem.

9 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/herbalism-bots-plaguing-bfa/6981/28

I find it funny that you constantly link that post as it is proof that Blizzard does not profit off of bots. It is like you have no intention to think for yourself and use logic and see what is actually happening. The bots/cheaters do not get banned, even after blatantly doing it in front of many people and getting reported over and over. Blizzard intentionally does nothing to these accounts, but still must go through the reports and look at the complaints. If these accounts were not beneficial to Blizzard in some way and were costing them resources, they would ban them right away. I do not believe in the history of WoW it has ever been more of a bottom line scenario for the decisions that Blizzard makes regarding changes to the game. The indisputable fact is that if botting/cheating/rmt was hurting Blizzard, they would put resources into shutting it down. The fact that they have been letting it go on for many months is all the proof you need.

4 Likes

:clown_face:

Post is so ridiculous, this is all I can respond with.

this sounds like what a crazy person would say

and this is where discord will always be superior to wow forums.
if there ever was a post worthy of a kek emoji, this would bet it.

congratulations, you played yourself.

This is absurd. Games have referees for a reason. Blizzard just doesn’t want to hire any.

4 Likes

Bologna, Its their platform and they proved they could detect bots and crush them when HB was caught and basically they started handing out 6 month bans, Bots are detectable and more resource should be put in to eliminate them.
Here’s the problem though, Activision probably doesn’t love the fact so many players are still actively playing classic even though a BRAND NEW retail patch should be killing classic but it isn’t, without tokens in classic its a no win for Blizzard because they cant sell gold, so they either want to let the dumpster fire kill classic or just ignore it and hope classic fades away.

4 Likes

Then stop paying them. This is a wonderful game and experience. Don’t like it go play hello kitty

Private servers did a better job of cracking down on gold buyers and botters than Blizzard ever has.

Sweaty players actually play the game. They don’t need to buy gold because they’re actually doing things and making the gold they need.

It’s the casuals who don’t actually want to play the game who buy gold and bot. They can’t be asked to log in and farm materials, so they whip out their wallets.

4 Likes

ill copy and paste this and save it. this is a true image of what i think. this would present a wonderful statement if checked in court. the jury would find Blizzard guilty of this 100%. well said sir, i will always remember this statement. if blizzard deletes it, i got it saved… this is blizzard in a nutshell about this game.

Fun story time, when I was leveling my rogue on Nazgrel after the server launched in vanilla, I saw a hunter botting in redridge, I reported him and he was gone, never seen again the day after I submitted the report.

In classic I report unguilded jibberish names that appear to be botting and I’ll still see them in the open world running the same script as I’m about farming herbs and nothing happens, There have been very few people that i’ve reported that have had any action taken on them.

There is a STARK difference there and as for gold buyers I had not heard of more than a handful of people buying gold in the entirety of vanilla-cata, meanwhile in classic, if you join any ranker discord you’ll hear people talking about buying gold all the time so they can keep on ranking, they’re not even remotely close to this level of crap.

2 Likes

I am surprised you came up with that much. :triumph:

My only question about this is if the famous live streamers have made it a huge issue that bots destroy the game. It sounds like they haven’t which is why Blizzard allows it.

The botting is a massive part of why I won’t be playing Shadowlands or (the potential) Burning Crusade.

I’m not sticking around if botting is, and so far… that seems to be the case.

2 Likes

I still thinking the server size and resource scarcity makes botting easier to see and makes it more annoying. Medium servers dont have the near the problem. Botting was in vanilla just harder to see when servers were a fraction of the mega servers.