Blizzard allowing griefing through report system

For “no reason” is often subjective. It usually depends on the activity and the person being reported believes they are violating policy or not.

To be clear, our staff often use template responses, especially when replying to penalty reviews in order to keep the messaging consistent. This was explained a bit in the response where your penalty was overturned.

Again, I should clarify that the Game Master told you that your comments were a bit on the edge, but they decided to lean in your favor this time around.

That isn’t an admission stating that the penalty was at all done in error, but that we decided to provide a bit of education this time around in the hopes that the behavior would be corrected. To quote from that reply:

While we are showing leniency this time, we will not repeat that in the future. For now, you should see the suspension has been removed.

Yes, it is supposed to work that way. The point is to allow players to report behavior they feel may violate policy without the person reported being able to harass them for it. While I cannot say this of 100% of the folks reporting you, the majority seem to be those who are witnessing your chat and feel that it is beyond the pale.

What you should do about this is learn from it. Here are some examples of what you have done.

1. Initiating discussions about conspiracy theories - which was done multiple times. I am just glancing at the chat logs on these reports and you use the exact same sentence, down to the triple question mark at the end on 9/11, 9/12, 9/13, 9/27. In Looking for Group no less.

2. Advertising a Twitch URL. We do not allow advertising of channels in our game or on our forums.

3. Multiple incidents of toxicity and other “PSA” statements intended to incite others.

Most regulars know there is often a lot more to the story than what the person telling it admits to. Though they will usually just provide details on how you can appeal and wait for me or another Support Forum Agent to shine the light.

It isn’t. It appears it is being used correctly by regular player who are seeing your chat with no other agenda than to remove the bad behavior they are seeing so that their game play can be more enjoyable.

That doesn’t seem to be the case, Rumplez.

Simple. Stop ruining the game for others and you shouldn’t have an issue.

32 Likes