Blizz... the lack of transparency is killin TBC

For starters rolling a pvp server in 2021 is a huge mistake, Karen.

Yaaas I want to like speak to your manager.

Didn’t roll on a pvp server in 2021 been there from the start carebear

Oh man he called me a carebear oh noes.

same can be said for “karen” honey

Well you are the one throwing a fit and demanding to talk to the manager soooo

I’m throwing no fit at all, why is asking for feedback a problem? We are paying customers aren’t we?

4 Likes

No offense, but I don’t think you’re seeing the big picture. Transfers are just part of it. What you need to understand is that the game peaked already
months ago. That wasn’t the case when the game was current. Now you’ve got servers where it’s becoming more and more difficult to get things done. Blizzard has done nothing, so people transfer. They should have been connecting realms over the summer when this started getting bad.

5 Likes

that guy is a troll if you cant tell

I don’t think most people care. There’s a handful of people saying, “Blizzard! I am mad at you. Say something. Do something!”

But most people are just enjoying the game. If your server is dead, you have options. :slight_smile:

As I said in my OP to me dead server isn’t a big deal. I come from a server with a history of it being one of the deadest. (skeram). The options people have are not solutions.

1 Like

Tomato tomato.

A lot of people actually do care, that’s why this topic has been everywhere and why people go to customer support. It’s why the forums have been flooded with this topic and will continue to be until there are only a few viable servers left. When you’re talking about at least 25% of forum threads created by different people you can’t use words like “only a handful”.

I know you’re happy with your reroll guild and I’m sure that those who decided to reroll by their own choice are happy to be there. That doesn’t mean that the other 80% of people WANT to leave their servers and go to soulless and toxic mega servers.

I get the impression that you came back, saw your Classic server was having issues and then you rerolled immediately. I doubt you’ve seen how negative the overall atmosphere of servers get when people start transferring off.

4 Likes

Sure you can. Of the people with strong enough complaints to complain on the forums, there may be a somewhat overrepresentation of people complaining about paying $25 to lizzard, or whatever. But it’s a small number of people, it seems.

From my perspective, there are a lot of people playing and enjoying the game. That sometimes means finding a new home on a different server.

It doesn’t mean that anyone wants to server transfer. But so what?

I’ve been on Faerlina since WoW Classic name reservations. I have characters on other servers also though.

You may be looking for some, “You haven’t experienced this, so you don’t know.” type scenario, but I do know. I have experienced it. I’ve had guilds transfer away from me, I’ve had characters on servers that have died. I have a Horde Warrior who cleared Naxx is on Kurinnaxx.

I too have been “scorned by Blizzard” but rather than complain about it, I’ve found ways to enjoy myself playing a game I like, rather than point a finger, get angry, complain and spread negativity. Others can do this, too.

So basically your solution is to keep transferring giving blizzard more money in order to keep playing. Yeah
 no that’s not how it’s supposed to be. People should not have to keep paying transfer fee’s just to “enjoy themselves”. Maybe that suits you but I can guarantee most people that is not the case.

2ndly I am hardly “getting angry, complaining and spreading negativity” as you so eloquently put
 all I want is feedback from blizzard. I honestly don’t get why that is such an issue with some of you.

3rdly, your main is on faerlina
 I think that’s pretty much sums up why you have the opinion you have.

5 Likes

One solution is to transfer, yes. If you wish to keep playing the same character with a different population of others on that same faction, then absolutely that is how you solve that problem.

Another is to reroll. This is also a fine solution that works.

What does “supposed to be” mean? “That’s not what I want.” OK, cool.

You cannot guarantee that.

It isn’t an issue. There are solutions, and they are the same solutions we’ve had for as long as WoW has existed.

I rolled this character about a month ago, started a Dungeon Leveling guild, grew it to have around 40-50 people online at any given time (and growing!), leveling in dungeons, farming pre-bis, and some of us now doing heroics, attunements and raids. We are having fun, being the solutions to whatever problems may exist, and others can do this too.

We have the tools at our disposal to enjoy ourselves on the platform that we have. That’s what I’m saying.

You want to complain? You feel better about doing nothing but blaming others? OK. That’s you.

I think that’s true for the most part if you’re on a large server. Having recently escaped from a very small one, not everyone wants to transfer. It’s not about the money or the principle of the thing, but losing the sense of community is really important to some people. That’s a big reason why we’re all playing classic now. Those people aren’t coming back and that could have been fixed if they had started connecting servers months ago.

3 Likes

Yeah. When they first introduced transfers during WoW Classic, it became apparent how much of an effect on community they could have, and how quickly.

It’s interesting to see how something that has been a part of the game for almost as long as the game has been around can have such an impact.

Look at a server like Benediction. You can’t possibly navigate the LFG channel without an addon to sort it all. You could play for a month without playing with the same person twice. It’s much closer to retail than what the medium and small servers were. That’s a deal breaker for some people
even if you can pug Gruul at 9am on a Monday lol.

2 Likes

Again this is not a solution
 cuz guess what after the year+ on skeram where it was at one point almost 4000 horde to less than 100 alliance of us my guild transfered to EF who at the time had a 50/50 population. (yes we stuck it out and cleared naxx despite how crazy it sound to be on a server like that and btw is was super fun) So again if you think server issues affect me personally and that I’m complaining you are wrong. I made this post because of the day in day out posts happening on this forum that 90% of them are about server issues.

But guess what, my server of which my entire guild transfered to is now 20/80 horde favor now. So your “solution” is what? We all gotta transfer again?

What that means is exactly what I said. In order to play properly should not have to include non stop transfers
 not “that’s not what I want”

I actually can
 look at the server populations, look at the player base that has dropped off, if people have your opinion then they would all be transferring like you like to do
 but what are they doing? flat out quitting
 they aren’t tranferring cuz that’s not what they want in order to play

and then this again
 and again
 and probably again
 I’m not complaining or blaming others. All I’m asking for is blizzard feedback which for some weird reasoning you think is complaining.

4 Likes

You’re saying it’s not a solution. OK, well what precisely is the problem? What problem are you trying to solve? Let’s maybe start with that, and then we can look at possible ways to solve it, provided it is indeed a problem.

Lol. OK. Good conversation there. :slight_smile:

“Supposed” implies intention. So supposed by whom or what? I’m kind of surprised this needs explaining.

That’s exactly what this is.

OK. Well, clearly we’re not having a conversation. I’m not buying your snake oil.

You have solutions to your problems, and refuse to acknowledge or use them. You are asking others to address them. What is it you think that is other than complaining and blaming others?

Anyway, I apologize for bringing my opinions into this thread. You probably just want to vent and aren’t looking for solutions. I hope you find yourself having fun and enjoying your day to day :slight_smile:

1 Like