Stop Punishing Players Who Have Dual Roles

Then why don’t they include azerite gear in the M+ loot tables instead of giving us a small cap each week on the number of lottery rolls we get to take? It doesn’t help me farm extra gear if I get 3-4 copies of the same azerite gear pieces.

I wish I could like this twice. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well I still want to make sure I have the appropriate TYPE of trait selected for each spec. So that still means alt-hovering over each shoulder piece in my character screen, reading all the traits, then alt-tabbing over to wowhead to see what each trait does. Or looking for each shoulder piece in my bag among the dozens of pieces of gear I already have, shift-clickiing on each one, waiting for the animation to finish, looking at each individual trait, and alt-tabbing over to wowhead and back and fort.

I really should be speaking in past-tense, cause I’ve already unsubbed and deleted the game. I’m just using my last 3 days of game-time to make sure I’m not the only one who hate hate HATES the way this azerite system was implemented.

3 Likes

Agreed - aside from the traits, and the restrictions - the USE of this gear is annoying as you describe.

Allowing for the traits to switch to different ones would simplify the issue by FAR.

But it’s only getting worse with the 5th being added. At least before the outer ring generic traits could marginally help a different role. Even a dps trait could help healers pump out some damage in M+'s.

With the 5th ring - the generic trait argument goes out the window.

1 Like

I am not sure how people can say this and not realize how ridiculous they sound. You USED to have to have a completely different set of gear. Now you have to have a different piece for a few slots and people act like it some horrendous burden.

I do this as well. I keep a set for each spec even though I’m likely to only ever use two.

It’s by no means ideal at least from my perspective, but I just treat it like we’ve always done in the past with managing multiple sets. So to be honest I notice very little difference gear maintenance wise other than having to figure out which pieces are better offspec wise when it comes to Azerite traits as its a spec I don’t prioritize as much as my main spec.

It’s definitely a downside to the system and I think we can all agree on that but I don’t see it as a major issue.

If you’re trying to keep using the same pieces for two specs and you’re not liking the cost to reforge them, then you should rethink how you’re handling the pieces and the system itself. You’re supposed to keep multiple items for different setups with different traits. I’ve reforged maybe 3 or 4 times this entire expansion so far while maintaining the ability to play all 3 roles of my class and keeping gear for those specs.

11 Likes

I have twelve pieces of azerite gear in my bags right now. I can shift-click and tell by icon alone what spec they belong to. I can also read what they say to know what they do, but since I only need specific traits and already know what they are, I only have to see that icon or trait name to know if it’s worth considering. This process takes only as long as it takes the traits to load on a new piece of gear.

Just know which traits you want to chase after and it simplifies how long it takes to consider a piece of gear. Seems like you’re overthinking the process way too much.

No we don’t. We don’t agree. Make traits switch with spec and be saved per spec.

Btw this issue is getting much worse with new 8.1 ring…

10 Likes

This x 10000%. This “”"“fix”""" along with the “”"“fix”""" to my main class (Resto/Enh Shaman) are the reasons I’m done with this xpac. I don’t enjoy my class and i don’t enjoy the Azerite system, therefor I don’t enjoy any of the content.

Personally, I’d like to see Azerite move closer to the glyph system. Have traits “unlock” when you get them. But have different traits unique to the type of content…certain traits only drop in raids, with better versions of the traits dropping on higher difficulties. Same with Mythic+, Warfronts, etc. Have the UI attached to the necklace.

Frankly anything would be better than what we have now.

As a druid I play all specs and have over 20 azerite pieces in my bags as well as an assortment of trinkets, haste gear, vers gear, and spec weapons. I used to reforge more before i had a mountain of azerite gear but I never got past the 50g reforge.

t took a lot of time to collect all that gear and learn all the gameplay but its fun being able to switch to any spec. Still I would not complain if Blizz added a large bag for only gear.

1 Like

Like I’ve said a few times in here, an updated UI would make a WORLD of difference just to make it easier to compare all the traits side by side. The whole thing is clunky and cumbersome right now. It’s much easier to mentally juggle three secondary stats than it is dozens of azerite traits.

1 Like

The Azerite system totally encourages that, though. Unless you are a player that does not care about the traits other than the ones you have on it is in your best interest to hold on to gear with different traits, especially when balance changes happen.

1 Like

becauae there is no such this as equal. There will always be things that have a slight edge over others.
And correct is subjective. Mostly depends on context.

Resilience gear anyone?

The thing is, I didn’t like tier but lately do miss it. Having to grind for it was terrible, but tier swapped when you spec swapped. You still have to keep piles of gear for other specs, the stats don’t magically swap (secondaries). Whereas you have to keep multiple sets of Azerite, you didn’t have to with the tier, because the modifiers swapped again to that other spec.

I really, really hated being locked down by tier and unable to swap pieces because of it, but I will admit liking it better than the current system.

You act like this is an easy thing to accomplish, especially with Azerite Armor when after you get a piece you’re expected to trade off excess to your guilds needs. Why is this even viewed as an acceptable answer? Obtaining 385 Azerite is a feat on its own right now with how few sources drop it, how are does Blizzard expect players to maintain, in some peoples cases, 4 sets of 385 Azerite?

2 Likes

I care about the traits but if a hotfix makes what I have worse and something I tossed better AND it’s not just a tiny difference then I’ll just restore that item. This has only happened a couple of times over many years of playing. I also have bank space and often pile up things I feel are important until I sort through them and then do a mass bank-space-cleansing.

A lot of changes just come with patches though and that likely means new gear, new sources, and higher level stuff so unless it’s a huge deal I’ll just get the new stuff.

3 Likes

we understand the dynamics of what devs would like us to do. However that really does not explain why the deterrent in the first place? why drive players to have to have 2 more sets of azerite gear or any gear. It is just clutter, keeping track extra gear and locking up bag space is a hassle. When there is a tank shortage, I would be more than happy to help out. More player switching would me less shortage. Its not logical to what is perceived as a problem in game. There should be an achievement for players that dual spec. They are helping. It just does not make since.

1 Like

Back in my day, you were either a Holy Priest or you weren’t brought to raid. It wasn’t until WOTLK where you had real support for multi-spec.

Don’t vendor your duplicate Azerite pieces and there isn’t an issue. In the general scheme of things, iLvl doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Wait.
We haven’t been doing that for the last 14 years?

2 Likes