@Blizz - PLEASE MERGE LOW POP REALMS. We are dying everyday and NEED your help

Yeah, they let people play the game without waiting in long queues. The horror!!

Exactly. I don’t understand why 1. Blizzard doesn’t just start trying things - it’s a low pop server, if you mess up, it is an easy fix. 2. Why people on mega servers care and are so vehemently opposed to changes that will have no effect on them (other than being mad that they coughed up $25 instead of waiting for a fix).

I think they’re probably waiting to see if populations spike again with the phase 2 release.

TBH it makes no sense to move before then from their perspective as they’d be “fixing” the problem at a time when they expect the servers to spike again a week later when the population is most volatile.

And now many of us wait 2+ hours to or just flat out don’t get to do some content.

Why are you so easily able to understand queue times, but unable to understand that a dead server is unable to participate in content? Maybe if you stared at the looking for group finder for two hours where it is clearly written down, you could begin to understand the similarities. Perhaps I should lock you on a dead server and make you stare the dead economy in the face as well.

1 Like

I already play on dead servers because I like playing on them. If you don’t like them you should consider playing on a different server

Maybe you don’t understand - I don’t like playing on a dead server, that is why I picked one of the busiest west coast servers. Now, through no fault of my own, my server is dead. Do you really think I would be posting here if I enjoyed being on a dead server? That is the whole point, people are not going to pay and reroll forever - the game, including your dead server will die.

1 Like

It isn’t Blizzard’s job to micromanage server population. As stated in the EULA, the $15 a month only pays for access to the servers.

If you don’t like your server and refuse to play on another one, I’m not sure what to tell you. You could maybe take a break until a future content patch when population is likely to increase.

1 Like

Yes it is? If I didn’t want servers managed then I would play on a private server instead of paying them $15 a month.

Unfortunately, later patches will not bring people back to a dead server. I do know what to tell you - I will quit. As will many others and a year from now even busy servers will scratch their heads wondering why the game died.

5 Likes

No it isn’t. I suggest reading the EULA. Your $15 a month only entitles you access to the servers.

Statistically inaccurate.

People have been saying that for 15 years. Meanwhile, Classic broke gaming records. :man_shrugging:

Yes, congratulations, Blizzard technically only owes us access to servers. You are missing the over arching issue.

And how is TBC, especially this phase doing on those records? Hmm. I am also interested to hear how you believe people will transfer back to a dead server with new content release - or maybe you think people will start and roll on a dead realm? If so, I have news for you.

1 Like

Dude are you really defending Blizzard’s unwillingness to support struggling player populations with the EULA? Come on man.

Prepatch, TBC, and the new phases have not fixxed our struggling populations. If anything, attrition has gotten WORSE because players are tired of logging into dead realms without any developer intervention.

9 Likes

It’s easier then that. Don’t allow transfers to the majority population on a server.

Or lock them. Or bring back queues. But the needs of the many outweigh the needa of the few unfortunately. If they brought back queues people would howl through the roof about them.

Such a bummer to see fairbanks like this. The horde pop is decreasing very quickly now as well. Can’t imagine the server just jumps back to life in phase 2. It all feels rather final.

3 Likes

All Blizzard needs to do is unlock PVE to PVP transfers. The rest is up to players.

This guy is a troll. Ignore him. If they want to keep dead servers whatever. We shouldn’t have to pay to leave. We didn’t choose a dead server

5 Likes

Blizzard is not going to give up those short term quarterly gains. They are on life support as it is.

Blizzard, I just gave you $75 for 3 transfers off a low population realm, and going to give you $25 more in less than a month in addition to the SUBSCRIPTION.

I have decided this will be the last money aside from subscription you will EVER see from me and when the classic era ends (TBC > WotLK maybe) I will never be back to a Blizzard / Activision product.

The inattention to population balance / levels and botting / farming / RMT have made me doubt your effectiveness in providing the entertainment that I and my family want and deserve.

Riddance to sloppy.

4 Likes

It won’t. Three guilds are leaving this week and two left last week. The three remaining guilds have about 10 active 70’s each. We won’t even be doing p1 25s. So begins the endless cycle - now the horde transfer off and the server completely dies.

Keep the discussion alive. Do not give up until we are acknowledged. So many of the top posts are related to population issues.

4 Likes