Blizz needs to answer these 2 questions

They did. Full stop.

1 Like

why are people afraid to just make a poll system like osrs has, make an ingame npc that has polling options for potential changes and limit votes to one per bnet account

1 Like

Weird how every poll disagrees with this.

1 Like

There will always be something. I wouldn’t place much stock in the forums as representative of the general player base.

Living in denial must get old. Idc if you argue against RDF, but youre just denying reality

think about it, wotlk will not be alive forever and cata won’t cost them money to put it “since it’s not a new game” so ofc cata will eventually arrive

You mean those open vote polls that are easy to vote multiple times on and can be botted?

Ya, not exactly a good source of data there.

I dont trust easily manipulated data collection methods. And for good reason.

None of those polls linked that i uave seen even had a “i am not a robot” test on them so…

They answered 1 of them and hinted towards the 2nd.
They said flat out that RDF isnt for classic and they dont believe it for the community. Too many just wont accept that answer and will continue to poke and prod.
The 2nd they sent out a questionnaire for Cata. We are still only phase 1 so its WAYYYYYY to early to tell if they plan to go past wrath. It will depend on how well the retention is throughout the expansion and the results from the polling.

I didn’t mind RDF as the content was easy and it had a item level you had to meet to queue. I made a lot of friends I still have today from RDF.

Now for some reason LFR didn’t work out like RDF did. People became toxic in Looking For Raid, and hardcore raiders became angry when a LFRer got gear at or near their item level from forging. But mostly it was the toxic attitude of folks that had done the content before against new folks who hadn’t yet. It was and still is a big issue. I don’t even bother with raids in retail, just run mythic+ dungeons. Which I have not done for a long time.

Just my opinion if they add RDF and only RDF, and stay away from LFR it will be good for the classic Wrath and Cata if they do it.

That you refuse to provide any evidence have been manipulated :slight_smile:

That’s because LFR was not just a tool for accessing current content.

RDF is.

The polls are echo chambers; this forum is an echo chamber. I see people use this forum all the time to claim “the majority want this or that”

But the forum users make up .001% of the playerbase less than most mount drops.

/shrug go ask in game and see what response you get to RDF.

What they’ve stated is that the plan is for no RDF, but things can change.

I don’t think they’ve made any official announcement on if Cataclysm classic will be released.

I do it’s usually pretty negative or just completely ignored rofl

Then your server is different than mine, and considering it’s an optional tool…

I think the intensity of interest on the forums tells us something about the general player base. I’ve seen a few posts asking for transmog but they never get many posts or interest. There were tons of posts during phase ? in vanilla classic mostly from pvp servers when there was so much honor farming of players it nearly shut down the ability of players to get to dungeons or raids. I wouldn’t claim as some do that the forums gives us information about which side has the most support but I do think the amount of talk gives us information about the importance of the issue.

There seem to be a significant number of hardcore pvpers that don’t like the teleportation part of rdf because it allows people to skip wpvp. Imo that’s the only somewhat legitimate complaint about rdf but it’s just from those on pvp servers

Yep, this comment was before launch.

A lot has changed in terms of community activity since launch.

They’ve been making mistakes for 15 years now, “double downing” on rubbish, and changing them a year later claiming they listen to us.