Blizz made it harder to get the horseman mount

sorry we’re not all sweaty esports elitists who can devote 14 hours a day to learning mechanics like “don’t stand in the giant purple bad circle”

1 Like

Seems to me that if you have to take all 4 curses on 1 character a day to get a higher chance then you would want to take a ranged character to give you more breathing room to avoid stupid (which is considered a bad word now).

I’ve not taken the curses on any of my tanks and only 1 of my melees has attempted it because she had range attacks as well. Any of my ranged I only did the curses once for achievement and not tried healing the event at all. I still need Arfus and the transmog for my mount.

I’ll keep trying 20 out of 27 times a day with my characters but it is sucking the enjoyment out of the game.

Just seems like healers get the short end of the stick here, the clones appear during a period of high damage so it’s tough to DPS it down in time and keep the group alive.

1 Like

Wow dude, what did i do to you?

1 Like

no idea what you’re imagining…
you’d have to expound.

emphasis mine

Are we sure that subsequent attempts on hard mode give a greater chance?

Here is the blue post:

Which mentions ONLY the first drop of the day.

You should have said, as the song from the not so distant past says: :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Personally, I’m only concerned with the not-too-distant future.

1 Like

it’s like nearly half a century ago…
those walking-dead-pop-metal-dudes
all have hair weaves and false teeth!
but…ok…i’m easy.

I did it on all my tanks and got the achievement on every one the first time. It’s not difficult at all if you’re good at dodging. Which as a tank, you should be.

Hahaha!

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

It has been a minute…

the word “and” addresses this.

edit: oh, i see. i guess it’s possible but it seems super unlikely that the curse bonus would only apply to one kill per day.

Um nope?

The drop rate didn’t change. You get a higher chance if it’s the first run on the account per day and then an additional higher chance if you do the hard mode successfully.

They didn’t nerf the original drop chance percentage. They simply gave you more opportunities to get it. It’s literally the opposite of what you’re complaining about.

lol…more arcane wow dev machinations…lol.
but that’s only on the first tuesday of the second month
on a blue moon in a leap year at the turning of the
equinox…etc.

Yea, it’s not completely clear from that. I would hope so, though.

I did find this on the wowhead summary (blue post):

That one doesn’t specify first kill or later kill, so I suppose we can just assume it means any kill.

1 Like

Oh God! Metallica on an oldie station…

I guess I was insanely lucky then. I wasn’t going to bother farming it this year.

However, I got the mount the first day of the event this year on the first toon I queued with.
I assumed maybe the chance of the mount was buffed because we (the group) utilized all the hard modes.

PANZERSTORM…that’s a great name!
I had a warrior named ‘Panzarthar’ a long time ago…
after the Panzar’Thar Breastplate
from Nightbane/Karazhan.

I was kidding. That song came out in my lifetime.

hehe. Actually it’s a Death Metal band out of Greece. I didn’t know about them until I named this toon.

I have been really lucky with name choices. I have quite a few choice ones, most are on an RP server.

1 Like