Blizz lost there chance to experiment for Season 4

I don’t know where to start, but Season 4 is completely doomed. The news and plans we got for Season 4 are underwhelming.

First of all no one wants to reprogress the old raids again. Also the raid rotation is simply to much for guilds progressing mythic raid. You start new every week because you lost all your progression from three weeks ago.

But the most important thing is the non existent changes to M+:

• Where are the reworked affixes, like massive overhauls to bolstering, sanguine and raging?!
  • Where are the seasonal affixes again?!
  • Where are the experiments to tackle key acquisition for progression keys?!
  • What are the experiments to boss add health scaling?!
  • Where are the experiments regarding keystone scaling?!

The M+ community is loudly asking for changes regarding those topics since forever now, and the single occasion to do a experiment here is simply lost. Ok the casuals get +10 keys without timers. Yehaaa! A change that 80% of the playerbase will simply not notice at all because they do not interact with that low content.

11 Likes

Can you tell me where you got the numbers that 80% of the playerbase doesn’t do lower end content? I’m interested in the source for this.

26 Likes

what did you expect from season 4 raids?

season 4 is a buffer between the end of the expansion and the start of the new one. without it, season 3 would be nearly twice as long as a normal season.

this way there is “something” vs nothing.

1 Like

Its cuz of plunderstorm. They had to take everyone from making an actual season to make someone feel better about wasting money on that spellbreak team.

6 Likes

One example would be to revisit a raid from an older expansion and maybe introduce some new mechanics there. Would also be fun for players who did not play that time.

Main problem is simply that progressing three different bosses in parallel is to much overload for most of the community. And raiding guild who raid higher then normal difficulty are progressing a raid. Whole fun about raiding is the progression after all.

they prob would not want to use an old raid because thats time walking content they are messing with. its something they can add into the game later which would last longer than a single expansion. the effort is also lower for current expansion stuff than it is to reconfigure a past expansion raid.

less work not more work. those devs are busy working on new stuff. in theory, all they would want to have to do is change a few numbers in table so the bosses scale to current difficulty and call it a day.

Pretty much, yeah. I’ll say what I said during Shadowlands Season 4:

People who complain about it reusing content and not making new content don’t understand that it’s either this, or 5 more months of Season 3. There is no magical “Blizzard makes brand new content for the interim between Season 3 and the next expansion” choice.

5 Likes

In the patch notes they changed 2 I believe

They answered this question how many times already? Do you need people to repeat themselves for no reason?

No it’s not. As we already know the fights from when did them in s1 and s2.

2 Likes

i guess there is one option… we have 8 seasons of new content per expansion. expansion is twice as long so they can make the next expansion in their “free” time.

1 Like

Yeah. Going to stop you there.

1 Like

→ Makes a Battle Royale
→ Game sees minor success then dies due to lack of content
→ Get hired by Blizzard
LETS DO IT AGAIN

11 Likes

Yeah my brain is wracked for Season 4. I can’t stop asking myself wtf am I going to do in that season besides play SoD.

I think I’m gonna abandon healing and just tank this last season. Tanks are busted, healing is bad, the DF dungeons are annoying and I just don’t care anymore. When I play my BDK, I feel like I’m punching 5 key levels above my weight, it’s crazy. I used to main tank from Cata through BFA, I’m definitely more at home on it, but it just feels ridiculous when I juxtapose it with my Resto Druid. I struggled getting IO on my Resto Druid. But on my BDK? I basically never die. Everything feels too easy. I can even do Afflicted without problems and can also do Incorp.

1 Like

It was very disappointing to not see any experimentation in the S4 notes. All the talk recently about Blizz taking risks, but none of it seems to apply to the last season of DF. Fated season in SL was full of new stuff that was great for the game. A lot of people were hoping we’d see the same philosophy this time.

“Blizz lost there…”

Where?

5 Likes

I’ll just file this under “Doomer Threads”. Alright, nothing to see here. Moving on.

7 Likes

This is what people don’t seem to get.

We always get a pre-expansion lull. Usually we get no content. With the SL fated and now the DF awoken seasons, we at least get something.

Nah, again, this happens before every expansion since like, ever.

5 Likes

Based on the sub numbers released probably only like 15% of the player base even does raid and M+ combined together.

That said, yeah season 4 is a monumental failure for raid and M+. Nothing interesting, fun, anything. Especially feels bad on the heels of plunderstorm in which those devs knocked it out of the park.

Plunderstorm was created by whatever the experimental gameplay team is, not the regular retail development team.

I think he means 80% of the 10% that push high keys.

2 Likes

It was worked on by a lot of people. There is no experimental team anymore. That hasn’t been a thing since 2022 and that was for Classic. The quote about who worked on it was the Proletariat team and many others in Blizzard. I’ve got it saved on my comp as an image. I’ll post it when I get a chance to get to my comp.